Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W.'s "No Foolin' You" Challenge - Week 2 Chat Thread

Good morning, girls - and welcome to Week 2!!

I am so impressed with the response to this challenge and the discussions during Week 1; again, I am so proud to be part of this group.

Had a busy weekend and so I need to catch up on everyone's posts today, which shouldn't be a problem as I am home today for two reasons: (1) we're expecting furniture to be delivered today (yay!), and (2) I seem to have a stomach bug (yuck). I never, ever get stomach bugs... so this is making me feel especially miserable. I guess the upshot of that is that I won't be tempted to snack all day today..?

Okay girls - I think it's back to bed for me. Give us a shout and let us know how things are going with you! And don't forget your WEED!

W: As much as my body will allow today
E: Uh - I don't think so!
E: 1200 calories
D: Get better! I hate being ill... I have too much to do, I don't have time to be sick!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #2  

Suz -- hope you feel better -- a day off waiting for furniture would have been great, why does being sick have to get thrown in with it?? Feel better.

I'll be next --
Yesterday was horrible -- birthday party, did great through dinner and then ATE THE CAKE!!!

But, I still managed to lose 1 lb this week so I'll just get my act together again and move on.

W - three bottles
E - YMCA at 10:00 -- 30 minutes ARC and 20 eliptical and back to my 20 situps I haven't done in weeks.
E - Back on track and eating what I should
D - I'm personally proud that I did get back on track last night, my old habits would have made me throw it all away after I had the treat.

Hope everyone has a great day.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies,

This weekend wasn't too bad. We went out to eat Friday and I got a grilled chicken salad. Saturday was soup and salad and a cocktail. Last night I cooked roast beef with cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I also had a salad. Tonight will be the tilapia. Wish me luck.

Suz- Get some rest.

Shelby- Don't beat yourself up about the cake. You have to have a little fun. Shake it off and do a little more exercise today to make up for it. You will be fine. Congrats on the pound lost.

Today's weed:

W- get 3-4 bottles in
E- walk on the treadmill
E- keep it healthy
D- try the tilapia with an open mind
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi everyone. My weekend went ok, better eating wise than the last few, but not perfect. Its still a step in the right direction. Today is my big night of teaching so I'll spend my day up til lessons cleaning my house and pulling out some music. Nothing to hard.

rowdy-Hope your bug moves out quickly

W-64+ oz.
E-turbojam
E-1300 cal
D-approach my lessons with as much energy and excitement as I can to make them a fun experience for everyone
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #5  

Paula -- after all of you had the little chat about the tilapia I bought some last friday (usually haddock night). It was pretty darn good, I think you will like it.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning girls! Nice to see us all up so early.

Weekend was WAY off track for me. But I worked friday night and saturday night, so at least I wasn't drinking, BUT eating was "on the go" which equates to pizza, fast food, snacking, etc. But it is MONDAY, back on track day. Oh and I didn't post a weigh in Friday, but it was exactly 222, same, so not too shabby. My schedule this week is tough, Mon, Tues nights (12hrs) the 12 Thurs, and 8hr 11p-7a on friday night. But then my weekend will be my own, so I'm looking foreward to that.

So today, hmmm...Fire up the WEED

W-Tons, that's never a problem for me.
E- try some FitTv or see if the in laws will take Rachel and go to the gym? At least get those steps done at work again tonight!
E- Ok, here lies the challenge....whole wheat toast with FF pb and banana for breakfast....Lean Cuisine for lunch?....dinner, dinner dinner...think it over
D- Get in the right mindset to be on track for this week, finish laundry, catch up on last weeks American Idol, clean house, ok enough for now.

Almost time for the bus to come. Hope you're feeling better Rowdy, you seem to have a sensitive belly But I'm sure you're looking foreward to the new furniture!!!! Paula, let us know how the tilapia comes out. I'm not much of a seafood person myself. But I did make tilapia once....we didn't care for it but it was only mildly fishy.

I love the ongoing participation too! Keep posting, even if I CAN'T keep up! LOL
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning girls.

Speaking of bugs, something disgusting happened to me yesterday. I was eating my lunch, of course steamed cauliflower was involved. And there was a huge gigantic, big, brown, ugly BUG embedded in my freaking precious cauliflower. I naturally threw the whole thing away. Yuck. Such a disgusting image. I don't know how I'm gonna get past this and start eating the stuff again. Gross. Just gross.

Other then that my weekend was pretty good, could have drank a little more water. Not too bad though. Today is my weigh-in, I'm down 2 lbs. to 187. So, I've hit the 100 lbs lost mark. I'm kinda excited. Today also marks my 25th week since I started.

Suz, I'm sorry to hear you're not feelilng well. I hope you recover quickly. But, ahhh new furniture - I LOVE new furniture. So do tell, what are you getting?

Shelby, your day couldn't have been TOO horrible, you said you made it all the way through dinner., Umm, that's not so horrible. Not at all. Congrats on your 1 lb being gone. Great going.

Paula, Good luck with the talapia.

Michelle, it does sound like you've got a tough week ahead. Hang in there love. The weeks seem to be flying by. At least you can look forward to a nice weekend.

Artsygirl, you sound like you are an amazing teacher. Your students are lucky to have you.

Some WEED:

W - drink lots of it
E - do lots of it
E - what about my cauliflower??? What to do? What to do?....
D - Don't become complacent, move forward. Lots of work stil to be done.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies.

Suz, you poor thing, stomach bugs are the worst! ick. Hurray about the furniture though, too bad you don't get to enjoy your day off.

shelby, congrats on the pound lost!!

Paula They had tilapia in this weeks grocery adds I triedconvincing DH, but he will not eat fish, so we are sticking with chicken.

artsygirl, have fun teaching your class tonight!!

Michelle, I hope you are able to make it to the gym!! I am heading back after almost an entire week off. Walking those stairs sounds like a great workout.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday Monday Monday. starting week #4 at my job, its hard to believe! My weekend went okay, My exercise included spending 4 hours moving boxes from one storage unit to another (on Sat), helping my mom. Sunday we went to the pool there is a rule about kids, if your kid is 7 or under you have to be in the pool with your kids. Well, this gal, I barely know her started talking to me then the next thing I know her 4 yo is following me around and her mom is gone! DH (who actually knows her) got out of the pool went to the changing area and hollered in that we were not babysitting her daughter and she needed to come and get her. SHE WAS MAD AT US! she didn't even ask, (shaking my head).

Tonight I am heading back to the gym, I just hope I can go for more than 30 minutes today (friday I could barely breath after 25, dang lungs).

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes if my body allows
E 1200 cals
D laundry, getting to the gym.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Okay Robin, I will never be able to eat cauliflower again, I am still cringing, GROSS!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

terrible eating this weekend although i did burn a few calories cleaning up on saturday before guests arrived. then I spent a couple of hours sitting in the kitchen chairs sewing.....i FORGOT how unsupportive the chairs are.....my back is still twitchy...it kept me up last night, i think i had barely 4 hrs of sleep.....gonna need lots of coffee to keep me goin today.

weed:
w: 100 oz
e: whatever I can do, walk at work, abs later on if the back's feeling better
e: on plan as much as possible, I guess I'll stop in at the grocery store this mornng
d: get some crafting done
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #11  

I forgot to mention I'm down 1 pound since the challenge started.

Brandy- Good Luck with your lessons tonight.

Shelby- Thanks for the encouragement. My husband loves fish and is on a real tilapia kick lately. He's so excited for me to make it. I hope I can compare to Denny's. The only way I eat fish is breaded and deep fried in oil. I have to change my way of thinking.

Michelle- I like that you can leave the weekend behind and move forward from here.

Robin- YUCK!!!! I'm going to be looking at my cauliflower and broccoli a lot more carefully in the future.
WOOHOO on the 2 pound loss. 100 pound loss is great!!! You're catching up to me. I'd better get the move on.

Jeni- I'm getting tired of chicken so I thought I'd give the fish a try. It looks good when my husband gets it restaurants. I really have to go at this with an open mind. If I don't like it I'll be right there with you hubby and it will be chicken for me.
I hate it when people don't watch their own kids. If anything would happen while she was following you around the mother would have been all willing to blame you.

Holyterror- Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Good luck staying awake today.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #12  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies!!!

Holyteror, my friend in insomnia! Just kidding, I hope your back is okay, and you catch up on sleep tonight. The whole caffeine to stay up/ sleeping pill to go to bed cycle is EVIL. I think I'm over it now though, I've weaned myself waaaay down on the coffee thing. Which was one of my goals, since all that creamer I put in it can add up too.

Robin!!!!!!!! ONE HUNDRED POUNDS! OMG....I love you!! You are amazing! Great job, I knew you could do it. But that cauliflower story....ew, I could just hear a collective "EEEWW" by everyone who read that. LOL...I'm still working up the nerve to try cauliflower (the smell of cooked cauli turns my nose) so your story didn't help....ha ha.

Jeni, I cannot wait until Friday when you tell us you busted into the 150s. You're doing so awesome! I think having a physical job like yours will really help keep you on track. I couldn't believe you said you've been there FOUR weeks, it doesn't seem so long to me. What's up with that woman leaving her child with you at the pool?? If she'd asked that would be ONE thing, but you already were busy with your OWN two, I wouldn't have even considered adding to your responsibilitiy (pool safety terrifies me, just one second to look away....) and she had the nerve to be mad at you? PFFFT.

So this weekened my DH rearranged the family room and brought the treadmill upstairs from the basement. Of course, not so aesthetically pleasing but it is propped up against the wall in the corner, just calling my name. I imagine it might be cool to get an hour in while watching Guiding Light or something. Normally, I get bored on the TM just walking and walking. I prefer my elliptical or cross trainer. Still. At least it's not down the basement anymore. What will I hang the clothes on now?!?

So far, so good, one liter of water down, the whole wheat toast with FF PB, and a tangerine instead of the banana. I forget how much I love oranges. I get annoyed with the "work" of peeling them, but YUM, so cool, fresh and fillng.

I think Rachel has pinkeye, no big deal really, she's had it tons of times. In fact, she's almost never been sick, sick, but pinkeye at least five times. So I know I have some drops around here somewhere. Talk to you all later. xooxxo
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Morning girls! I posted my WEED for today in the last thread, but I'll post it again here. My weekend was actually good. This weekend was the first weekend I didn't eat everything in the house! AND the first weekend I didn't go out to get McDonald's or DQ for lunch (cuz of my Lent challenge)! I'm so proud of myself. And I'm definitely starting to reap the benefits of both the Lent challenge and this challenge together. I lost 2 pounds the first week of joining both of them! Now let's see if I can get past 145....it's proven to be difficult for me for the past year!!

Okay....here's my WEED for today..
W - at least 3 cups
E - 35 minutes intervals on treadmill, 30 minutes Yoga - both after class
E - 1200 calories, stay under fat limit
D - GET TO THE GYM AND JUST DO IT, pack my lunch and snacks to bring to school
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #14  

hey sorry i dropped off for a bit, i was on vacation and couldn't get online.
W - 8 cups
E - walking
E - 1250 calories, good carb ratio
D- clean, unpack, think healthyyyy
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #15  

I made the tilapia for dinner. It was OK I guess. Actually I ate it in the same bite as the whole wheat pasta and the broccoli and cauliflower so that was I couldn't really taste the fish. I did try one bite alone and it had a little strange taste. With the other food I didn't even know it was there, but I'm still getting the fish in. It is a very mild fish. There wasn't even a fish odor when I opened the package it was in. Hubby loved it. He said it was as good if not better than Denny's. I plan on trying other recipes to see if I like it better made different ways.