Old 01-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Birthday Goal

I don't guess this is really a challenge; just a personal goal...but sometimes it helps to put it out there in black and white!! I have a goal of losing at least 65 lbs by my birthday! I am giving myself penty of time to acheive this goal...now I just need the motivation! I am sick of being overweight! Really I am ! But I have a REAL problem with food! I am an extreme overeater!

So here I go; I am officially getting this thing going! I can do it and I will!!!!!!!!

I Hope!!!!!!
plb112467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

OK, So what is your time line? When is your birthday?
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #3  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yep--my birthday in July is my RED lin/Deadline for my weight loss efforts, too. I want to lose 20 pounds by then--no matter WHAT! That will be my 50th birthday. I see it looks like plb is facing a 40th birthday---It'd be fun to have a Birthday Chix Thread!

Spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #4  

Thanks for your responses! My birthday is not til November 24th...so I am giving myself plenty of time to do this!! But I am gonna have mini goals along the way!!
My husband's birthday is April 11th and I would like to be down at least 10 lbs by then!!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

My birthday is July 23 (I'll be 22). I want to be at my final goal of 130 by then. I could deal with 140 but I am really trying for 130. If I make it, I am buying myself diamond earings or necklace.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #6  
Fighting the Good Fight

sotypical--

What a cutie pie keiko is! Now MY doggies want their own web page!!!
My Ellie is my official walking coach....

So what kind of plan are y'all following to get to that Birthday goal??

spanky
Old 01-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/203/150

Height: 5'4"

hey! My birthday is Nov 29, and I have the same goal as you - I'll keep you on challenge if you keep me! And of course everyone else to
But from one sag go to another - not another fat birthday or christmas! Okay?
I'm not on a specific plan - except lower calories and fat, and eventually more exercise too, but one step at a time...
Let's go gals!
Karen
ThinkThinKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Oh gosh you too?! My goal for this year is to be in ONEderland by my 21st birthday (July 29th).
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #9  

ThinkThinKaren: Sounds like we are about the same size(my height is 5'3") ; have the same goal AND are on the same plan: watching fat, calories and slowly moving into the exercise...I was pretty proud of myself last night: I WANTED to head right into a binge(cause my hubby made me a little mad!); but I resisted the urge and drank a diet coke and headed on to bed!! And I even did a SMALL amount of exercise last night...
Thanks for everybodies responses...let's all keep each other accountable!
JasonsLea, Spanky, & Sotypical: ALl of these July birthdays...cool. No problem; still plenty of time to reach your goal by July...
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Default Hi ladies,

I am so ammused reading all your posts and I think the b-day goal is a great idea. Usually they are more reasonbale then the long term goals which at times seem impossible, at least for me That being said my birthday is Monday, the 22nd, any chance I may loose 20lbs befor that? LOL. Well I said I wanted to loose 40 before my b-day when I started this whole process in August and I lost 32lbs so I 'll take it, well I guess I ghave no choice, ha?
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #11  

tanya1979: Way to go!! Already lost 32 lbs! WOW! Congratulations !
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
sotypical--

What a cutie pie keiko is! Now MY doggies want their own web page!!!
My Ellie is my official walking coach....

So what kind of plan are y'all following to get to that Birthday goal??

spanky
Calorie counting - 1300-1600 a day with one higher day allowed per week.
Exercise at least 30 min on my exercise bike - usually do more like 60; lately its been 75. I do Mon-Fri and take weekends off. Took today off too, im sick
and I drink 4 liters of water a day

and thats about it, haha

I am buying Keiko a new harness and hope to start taking her for more walks when it warms up a bit. She is very spoiled, haha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/203/150

Height: 5'4"

Tanya1979- - surely there are some pills to take that 20 off by Monday?? haha, just kidding, you've done great!

I'm on business travel right now, which I'm learning how to deal with fine when I'm alone, but a few of us went out to lunch together. I didn't totally pig out, but I ate more than I was planning. I guess I should just tell them I can't eat like that! So many people just don't get it when you have this itsy bitsy plate of food- why do others always want us to eat??!!
anyway...good to hear from ya'll.
plb112467- good job on the exercise! I gotta get out there right now and do some (sigh)<--slightly unmotivated
ThinkThinKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #14  

Good News!! I exercised again last night!!!!!!! One mile!! I was pretty proud of myself; eating is still ok!
ThinkThinKaren: Don't beat yourself up about eating more than you planned! It is difficult when you are eating out with a group!!
Our preacher tells us often that we do not drive by looking in the rear view mirror; we look out our front windshield; so we should not live our life by looking back; look forward...
Have a great OP day everybody!!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #15  
Fighting the Good Fight

Tanya--32 pounds--WOW! I stand in awe! I'd say "Well done" on Monday and celebrate!

Karen--I've finally managed to take control of the restaurant thing. Every Sunday we go out for brunch with the in-laws. I got SO tired of stuffing myself and feeling guilty that now I always order a to-go box WITH the meal, box half of it up when it comes, and then eat the other half. Nobody says a word. Now they remind the waitress to bring my box! Try it-- you'll feel like a Diva/Supermodel !!

plb--you are DOING IT! Logging those miles is what it takes!

courtnie--have you ever seen the G.W. Little catalog for dogs? It's got all this totally cool high-end stuff for little dogs. They have a web site too.

jasonslea--I love that idea of totally reinventing myself! This HAS to be the year it happens!

Onward!

spankie