Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #16  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Mornin everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. TOM was here last weekend and it was the WORST I've ever had. I actually had to call off work two days in a row because I could NOT get out of bed! I hardly ever call off work. Then Monday morning, my mama informed me that we have lost our house and have to move. So, if you all don't see me around for a while, this is why. I feel sick. My mama is annoyingly (sp?) calm about all this. She says we're going to get the house back. Alabama has this thing called a year of redemption where you have a year to pay back what you owe and you can get your property back. But I'm like, what about the people that will be living here during that year? Do they just get kicked out? It doesn't make sense! Dammit!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Shari, you poor thing Good luck with getting your house back.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #18  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Shari - I'm very sorry about the whole house thing... and yes, I know about the year of redemption thing, but before your mom decides to fall back on that, she should talk to a lawyer. There are many that will provide legal services at a reduced rate or for free, and they can help her out.

Boy, not a happy day on the thread today, is it girls? That's okay... we must take the hardships and setbacks right along with our blessings and triumphs - life is like that - but we don't need to take the bad stuff lying down. Life is not always sunny and easy, but with strength and determination and the prayers and uplifting thoughts of good friends and loved ones, we will get through the bad stuff, too. Together.

Faith, girls. Keep the faith.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Awkwardly posting WEED - because even despite everything, taking care of ourselves is still important.

W - 96 ounces
E - Day off
E - 1200 calories
D - Pray.

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #19  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ahhh my girls...low morale time for us, eh? I promise to be here for all of ya.

Shari, I'm so sorry you are losing your house. I don't know anything about anything, it just doesn't sound fair to me either! I like the advice to get a good lawyer to help you out. I wish I knew what to tell ya.

Robin, hang in there....you're the one who always coaches me that this is a lifelong journey not a sprint. I'm sorry there are obstacles but if anyone can overcome them and get right back on track it is YOU woman! Even if you need an operation (which BTW could fix the BP thing) you would be back on your feet in time for summer walking and getting outside. It might knock you back a few month even but you have a lovely family who will take care of you and you will NOT gain back all 80 pounds....YOU WILL NOT. It's just a bump in the road. As for the cholesterol thing, I'm sorry about that too but that is caused by so many issues not just lifestyle, which we all know is not the cause. I swear to you, honey, there is nothing you are doing wrong. NOTHING...in fact, you are doing the opposite of making it worse. But I can't blame you for feeling so discouraged/frustrated. I just want to reassure you that you are still you. You're just as wonderful as you were before you heard those numbers. You are still working hard and getting results. Not so much has changed. You're still SUPERWOMAN to us.

Jeni-congrats! You deserve the raise!!! Finally some good news! Oh and hey, wasn't it you who had to sit through a firing squad interview last month? Or whoever that was, did you get the job? I think I remember you saying you'd know sometime in Jan. Oh and guess what! Rachel is wearing big girl panties today! I'm taking a huge risk, but what's the worst that can happen, I have to shampoo the rugs anyway. LOL.....She is just strutting her little Mermaid butt all around. **fingers crossed!**

HolyTeror, tell me again what you meant by you got into the show. Tell us more! Sounds exciting! But I actually hate the pressure of needing to lose weight by a certain time. But on the other hand, it is a sure motivation.

Suz, how's the tummy? Sucks to be blechy and try to move at the same time. I remember I worked like all the midnight shifts surrounding our move, I got to sleep at the in-laws house while the family did all the moving...LOL so lazy! I just woke up one day and we were all moved in. The real work comes later though, unpacking all that crap...!

Ah yes, the Buckeyes lost...bummer, I didn't get to see the game, but DH went to BWs and said it was a horrible game. Oh well.

Oh I picked up Muscle and Fitness-Her Magazine yesterday and it changed my life! Ok, not so dramatic but I really liked it and it has great pictures of exercises with free weights. I'm so funny, here I am this 220 pounder working out at the gym thinking hmmm, maybe I could be a lady bodybuilder? LOL I told my hubby and he was like... But of course he is picturing the no-boobs freakishly tan and big kind of girls. My mom had the same reaction. I don't want to be in shows or anything, LOL but I love the look of a nice toned muscle-y gal. I really like working out with the weights too, such a difference from machine working out. Plus my DH has a nice weight set collecting dust in the basement so I can work out at home, not just the gym.

Do any of you do scrapbooking? Jeni-I can picture you doing it, making scrapbooks of your little darlings. Well I used to be, Robert has like four big books FULL of scrap pages then I lost all motivation with Rachel and she has like five pages. All surrounding her birth. LOL I feel kinda bad about it! Plus you should see my "stuff", I have a small SB shop worth of stuff. My girlfriends would come to my house just to use all my cool tools and that. So one of my resolutions is to get that part of the basement organized and to work on my family albums. Plus maybe do one of my weight loss journey.

Ok well just a quick hit of the ol' WEED before I clean the house.

W-all I can take, constant full glass in front of me
E- Gym time tonight after supper, maybe dust off those weights I mentioned above
E- I have a nice dinner planned!! Marinated little steaks (I forget what is their cut, they're about 4-5 oz each) in soy/teriyaki sauce, roasted green beans and stuffed portabello mushroom caps. I'm considering the corn on the cob I picked up also but that might be too much food for me, but the kids really like it.
D- work on the potty training, okay she just peed in the chair next to me as she watched me type this...sigh, gotta clean that up...LOL

xxoxoxooxo Thinking of you all today. Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Suz~ You are so eloquent. I love getting inspiration from you!!!

W 120 oz
E 65 minutes
E 1300 cals
D I am sending positive vibes my friends way. I hope that all the words of wisdom given to you will bring you some comfort.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #21  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, you posted as I was. About the job they said the middle of January, I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon; I figure the Middle of January is anythime this week or next week. I would love to scrapbook, I love the idea and I have the best Ideas for scrap books, but I don't do it, too many other things to do I guess. Bodybuliding is so cool, to get such defined muscles, (Just not to grotesque) That would be so fun!!! My BIL is a powerlifter, not quite the same thing, but the amount he can lift is amazing. Rachel will do it!!! I take time and patience. but I bet she looks so cute with her panties on!! I still love to pinch Makies tushie!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #22  
One Day At A Time

Oh let me add, did you guys notice there is a chat room on here?! Either it is new or I'm only just now noticing it! Let's set up a time and meet there! I've popped in once or twice and it is always empty....but like I said I never really knew it was on there until I saw a post about it under "general chatter".

Can you guys stand another potty training story? So I was upstairs doing something and Rachel came upstairs, nekkid carrying the potty (the shelfy thing that catches the wee-wee and you can take it out to empty it) to show me she did it all by herself, then she spilled it all over me...GROSS! But funny...now she knows just to call mommy to tell her and not to try to empty it herself...LOL...thought some of youns could use a laugh.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Michelle, Jeni and Suz, I just can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me. It's unfathomable that people you've never even met know exactly the right things to say. And that they have SO much meaning to me. Hugs and kisses to you all. You are just the greatest. Thank you so much for saying it's not my fault. I just can't help but think that IT IS something I've done. Like I've eliminated so much fat from my diet that my body freaked out and started producing all this cholesterol. Is it a possibility? I just can't wait for Monday, first the retest and then the gynecologist who I think is more knowledgable then my internist. So I will definitely be discussing these things with her. And I am trying to keep my weightloss in perspective, if I get slowed down, I get slowed down, right? right. . It is out of my hands. But how I deal with it afterwards is up to me. And G-d willing I will bounce right back. I just can't see that far in the future right now. I have to deal with one thing at a time. Well, actually there are about 3 health issues that need to be dealt with right now, but you know what I mean. Gotta get rid of that baseball floating around inside of me #1. I don't like it. Allright it's enough already, I've kept you long enough. Thank you again ladies. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And Shari, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope this gets resolved quickly and easily for you guys.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

Default Robin

Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, Hurray for Rachel going by herself!!! Makie did the same thing to me, she wanted to be a big girl and empty it herself, but first she wanted to PROVE to me that she did it!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #26  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Have been suffering with WEED WITHDRAWAL - the pits!

(Moved PC - couldn't hook back up - go figure! )

Have missed you all so . . . can't wait to catch up on the chat . . . no time tonight.

W: Have been totally logged/continue
E: Add some Pilates to cardio/weight lifting REGIME
E: OP
D: Catch up with cyber buds---A MUST!

'Night All.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #27  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks ladies. I feel so much better now. My BFF was right: my mama had a plan (as always) and she has everything under control. She came home today from her business trip. My stepfather and I met her at the parking deck, she gave me a hug and kiss, put her bags in the car then got in the truck and drove off with my stepdad. I went home and they came a couple of hours later. My mama called me downstairs and told me that a woman would be calling about a apartment on Friday. All she told me at the time was that the apartment was 'a biggie'. I was assuming the apartment was for us, all of us, until she said that if the woman called, to ask her when I was going to move in and that the apartment was a great starter apartment. I was confused, started to cry, and asked what about them and she told me that she has already found them a house in the same neighborhood that my BFF and her family live. She then told me that she and my stepfather would help me with my bills at the apartment till I could get fulltime at the hospital. Soooo, my mama, the SuperGoddess, has managed to take care of us all in only a few days. Her plan is to live in the house she found, which is WAY cheaper than the houses in our neighborhood, for the year while they pay off what they own on our house here. That way, they can get the house back! So I feel better now....nervous though. I had my own place in California but this just feels different somehow.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #28  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

NurseMichelle: We had a planet wide call in to dance in the biggest middle eastern dance festival in March. They do it out here in the bay area. We managed to get thru the phone line and we have a time and day for our performance.

Yup low morale day but we just gotta stick together. Course I'm not helpful but I'm not having big issues like you guys are having. I make everything small HUGE. I think the stomach issues i have are all nerves. worried about when he's coming home, you know, little stuff like that. the air force won't tell me anything useful.

but i have a pot of stew on for dinner (waaaay late but we're hitting a serious cold spell tonight lasting thru the weekend) and i might make a pan of cornbread too. I don't know....we shall see

*hugs* to you all girls
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 AM   #29  
One Day At A Time

Why, oh WHY am I awake and on the computer at 3 in the morning? <sigh> I can't sleep...too much energy I guess. I'm not even at work!

I have been to the gym every day this week! I know I can't get there today, Thursday because I work Thurs night but I can get there Friday AND Saturday! WOW this week really worked out for me.

Aud--THERE you are! I wondered! Can't wait to catch up, hope you've been behaving yourself, young lady!

Shari, all that worrying for what! SuperMoms always have everything under control! Amazing woman-even finding a place for you AND a place for herself all the while on a business trip and not breaking a sweat. Gotta admire that. I can't wait to hear all about your new place...sounds like "a biggie"!

HolyTeror, wow middle eastern dancing! I love knowing people who have unusual talents! I wish I knew more about that! Good for you getting a spot in the show. Just keep thinking...hubby will be home ANY DAY NOW....I know you feel antsy and are probably getting frustrated not knowing EXACTLY when, but really, you have the rest of your lives to be together! But I know you can't wait...let us know when he gets home safely.

I suppose I should try to get back to sleep....maybe cruise the boards awhile longer...oh yeah, Jeni-did your MySpace guy ever respond to you?

Talk to you all in the mornin. Oh and I noticed that we all often post around noon, maybe we ought to pop into chat when we check in and see if we can all hook up? Or sometime around 3 am when some of us can't sleep...LOL

Have a super day gals.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #30  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good day everybody, good day indeed.

Shari, your mom seems amazing. She certainly is on top of things. She really turned around what could have been a really bad situation into something that seems like it could be quite exciting!!!! Keep us posted please.

I am a little backed up on reading the posts, sorry gals. Do forgive me. I will catch up.

I think I'm feeling a bit better today. I've decided that if I do need surgery to remove the football (yes, it's football sized now, I've decided) I want to be as light as possible, the thought of me hanging over the sides of a surgery table is not pretty. So yes, I ate pretty well yesterday, did manage to get in a bit of exercise, more then a bit actually and drank lots of water, probably could have had some more. Oh well.

Today's weed:

W- lots and lots
E- lots, 2 lots are not gonna happen
E- NOT lots
D- ooh, there's LOTS to be done here, we shall see.

I just want to thank you all again for all of your support, prays, good wishes and cyber hugs. It is beyond valuable to me. I really have no words to express just how much it means to me. Hugs and kisses.

Have a great day ladies!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote