Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

I am sooo bummin'. I got on the scale for the first time in a few days - I gained 1/2lb! Wahhh! I have been so good!!! I know it is because I was not eating enough. I tried to eat more today though...
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #107  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hiya gals, I've been doing ok. I have good days and bad days emotionally. I wont get results from the tests for another full week! I've been really good on my exercise though as it helps keep me more relaxed. My eating is still frustrating me because my appetite is still lacking. I'm desperatly trying to eat enough calories everyday, but I'm not always succeeding.

Aimee-Hope it was only a headache and not a sinus infection. I wish I enjoyed swimming. I actually have seriously considered seeing if anyone around offers adult swim lessons. I just dont really remember much about technique from when I was little and feel like I'm always flailing around.

fatbgone-someone mentioned throwing in some nuts everyday to up your calories when you're a bit low. They have lots of good fat and a small bit really can add just enough so they're good if you're not getting hungry.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

fatBgone - how many calories have you been having? Have you been more hungry or are you just not wanting to eat? I'd say keep with the diet, quite a few people have been sucessful on it.

Brandy - I'd be getting a little anxious if I were you, a week can feel like a long time to wait. How about you eat some nuts too? How many calories are you aiming for in a day? I am going to teach some of my friends how to swim better, I have been swimming my entire life it feels like. A kick board is a good way to not feel like you are flailing!

Well my headache went away, don't REALLY know what it was from, but I am SO thankful its gone! I steamed my face to help loosen stuff up from my sinuses, it helped quite a bit. But I just could NOT eat most of yesterday, I was a little worried about it.. but when I talked to my mom she said I should just listen to my body. I probably wouldn't have kept any of that food down anyways..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:03 AM   #109  

Tomorrow is my weigh in day!! I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The only bad thing is that I just ate, and it's 11pm! It was just 2 cups of veggies with salt, pepper and some parmesan cheese (very yummy even though it sounds gross!)., so hopefully it doesn't effect it too much. I can't wait to change my ticker!

-Aimee
Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #110  

((((Brandy)))) I don't blame you either for being a little anxious. What day is your doctor appointment? I'll bet it turns out to be something simple!

Aimee- soo??? You moving your ticker???? Are you feeling better? My daughter had been fighting a nasty cold. Tis the season......

I have increased my calories and dropped another lb or so, so I am now right about where my ticker is (191.2). I need to pick a day to weigh in - I think I'll pick Fridays incase I screw up over a weekend, I 'll the entire week to work it off - lol. Are soy nuts a good choice? I don't know much about nuts to tell the truth.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #111  

Alright, my scale was dumbass this morning, so unless I go with yesterdays number.. no change to my ticker. I'm going to see what happens tomorrow morning, stupid scale. I ate late last night, and definitely had some salt in my diet.. so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

fatBgone - you are doing really well, even with that slight gain.. keep it up and you'll get to your goal in no time, I am sure of it

-Aimee
Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #112  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #113  
used to be tofat

Hi gals,

I go back to the dr. on Wednesday. Still so far away. So far I have gotten results of the MRI, csrotid artery, and blood test back. (in the mail w/o much explanation) The MRI is considered normal, carotids are clear and somethings a bit screwey on my blood test, but I dont really know what it means. I still haven't gotten any results from the EKG. I'm having good days and bad days. Thanks for all the support though. I'm finding by keeping busy-that involves wandering around these boards alot-I do better.

fatbgone-glad the increase in calories is working to get the weightloss going.

Aimee-salt is terrible for me. Everytime I have a meal that is higher in sodium, my scale is up at least 2 pounds the next morning. At least now I'm starting to know this trend so it doesnt freak me out so much anymore.

Courtnie-HI!!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #114  

Hi Courtney!

Brandy - awesome the MRI came back OK -that would have been the one I worried about the most. Sounds like the serious stuff has been ruled out. Blood tests can drive you crazy sometimes. I remember once they told me mom over the phone she was very anemic - since cancer runs in our family and anemia is often a warning sign, we were sared to death. Once she actually obtained the results, she was still in the normal range - just on the low side!

Aimee-bummer on your dumbass scale. Let me know when you figure out how to "smarten" it up! ha ha I'll bet the salt is to blame.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #115  

Brandy - I solved my evening snack time by checking out these boards while I watch tv.. its great! Glad some of those tests came back normal, and hopefully you can get some explanations on the ones that did not. Waiting it the total pits.

fatBgone - my dumbass scale is just dumbass. I think I just had too much sodium the day before.. we'll see. This morning it was 225, so I am going with that for now. Sunday will be the final weigh in for phase 1 for me. I'd like to see 223, but thats just getting greedy!

I was just looking at my ticker - I changed it to include being down to 225 - and I cannot believe it.. but I've lost 26 pounds! I am in awe of myself! Soon it'll be 30, and then there is NO stopping me! Not only that - I've weighed the most in my family for a LONG time (even tho my mom is a bigger size), and now? My brother is 30 pounds bigger than me, and my mom is about 10 pounds bigger. I am the smallest now, wow. K, thats all I've got.. it's 1:18 am and I really should be sleeping!

-Aimee
Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #116  

Aimee- congrats! Now what I hate about my family? 3 out of 4 of my brothers are skinny as a rail! How did they get the fast metabolisms? My mom, my 3 sisters and I all struggle. I'm sure it must feel great to now be the smallest! YOu mentioned Phase I - what diet plan are you following?

I am looking for some recipes before heading off to the grocery store.

Everyone have a good weekend!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #117  

fatBgone - I have issues with sugar and wheat, so I decided to go with South Beach, and it's working really well for my body. A few times I've been SO tempted it hurt, but the bf has always been around to tell me it's not worth it, the cravings pass.. and I survive without a Costco hotdog. I have been treating myself to perfectly onplan latte's instead of McDonalds french fries or fast food of any kind.

So I need your opinion... I bought some new shoes, but they kinda feel weird! One foot feels too big, and the other sorta too small! They are REALLY cute, and they'll be for work. I likely won't need shoes for the next couple of months, and really did buy them for the future. Should I return them and wait for another pair? They are super cute.. I seem to love cute shoes that I'll never wear because they don't fit just right. After all of this I think I know that I need to take them back.. but they are just so darn cute!!

Alrighty, have a good Saturday

-Aimee
Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #118  

Here is my 2 cents worth- if they hurt at all I'd take them back. It's one thing if you have a really cute pair of shoes which hurt, but you only wear on special occasions vs everyday life. Did the store have another pair that size? Maybe you just got a screwy pair! Shoe shopping with my ex used to drive me crazy - I finally refused to go with him. He would try on 5 or 6 of the same size shoes because he claimed they were different!

I started my dinner- crock pot with veggie soup. I never thought I'd like it, but I love it! Maybe my system is getting more used to good foods. I had thought about South Beach too! I am gad it is working for you. I'm off for a bit of laundry and then take my daughter to practice pitcing. I am the catcher.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #119  
used to be tofat

Aimee-Congrats on 26 pounds!!! That is amazing! Now, on to the shoes. I love cute shoes, but you really should take them back. Nothing sucks more than sore feet. It totally ruins a day. I love "treating" myself with lattes. Made with skim they really aren't to bad for ya.

fatbgone-I'm still stuck on cream based soups. I wish I could enjoy veggie soup.

I'm down 2.5 pounds for the week!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #120  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - congrats!!!

I never got in a weigh in this week, stupid chiease food made me up 3+ pounds
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote