Old 01-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #91  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Monday!

My Week 2 weigh-in was satisfactory. Down 1 pound. That's good enoug to get me to my goal on time. The thing I love about having a reasonable goal for weight loss is that I can actually meet my goals! It's a first for me to NOT set unrealistic goals and then drop out the second week because I fell behind.

Sometimes "good enough" IS good enough!

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #92  
Lucy Kitty

S/C/G: 260/184/120

What a day!

Got a lot of stuff done at work, food has been awesome, but no real workout because my tummy is really pissed at me right now. *G* But water is doing good, so that's good!

And a huge win for me: I got home from a 9.5 hr day (no breaks, I might add!) and I was ready to eat whatever I found that looked good. After searching for a few minutes and finding the yummy Tillamook ice cream in the freezer, I opted for a 125-cal bag of popcorn! WOO!! 125 calories of THAT ice cream is like, three spoonfuls. *G* (My sweet husband brought it home for me when I was coughing like mad a few weeks ago because he wanted me to feel better...)

If I can get my stupid guts to calm down tonight, I'm up for a good workout tomorrow. We're supposed to get even MORE stupid snow tonight - argh!! It didn't even hit freezing AGAIN today. I swear!

Aside from that, things are good! Gonna take the night to relax and dive into a rare, out of print Lawrence Block book I snaggeed last weekend. Woot!

And I might just see if I can find one of those so-called awesome grocery stores called Publix around here. Hmmm...
JKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #93  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickadees! This is super fast, and I'll add more in the morning.

Water- good, need more
Food- good, dinner was bigger than I needed, but I was starving
Exercise- 2 mile WATP this morning. Then an hour of loading a moving truck with stuff from storage, and 50 minutes of unloading the truck once we got it home. Sore. But I was moving the whole time, and only took a short break on the unloading to catch my breath. Whew!
Plan- pass out, and get up for work tomorrow.

Supposed to weigh in tomorrow, but I know my ankles are already swollen from this, and I need to hydrate. Scale won't be kind, so I am considering taking this morning's #. Your thoughts, ladies?

Hope everyone is having a good night!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #94  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Is it Friday yet?

LOL! OK..My day yesterday was not as good as I had hoped, although I am proud of myself for getting up and doing the WATP in the morning! I am planning to do that this morning as well. Weigh in...stayed the same! Food was over. I had a little binge (about 4 handfuls of cheese puffs & a small plate of chips & cheese and way more than a serving of this snack mix that Ineed to throw away!) last night (would have been within my calories at supper if I would have just left it alone!). I'm either PMS'ing BIG time or I'm feeling stressed out and I think it may be a combination of both! Some days I feel like a maid around here, I swear and sometimes...it just pisses me off, which is part of the reason (I know it's not an excuse) for the binge last night!

If it had been a "normal" week, I would have handled it differently...BUT what is normal? I would have left all the laundry to fold for tonight...left the dishes in the sink (there were way too many!)...and just vegged for a while! But DH went to bed at 8 and left me with all the mess (as he usually does) and for some reason it pissed me right off last night!

OK....here's why my week is not "normal"! I'm going to the Oprah show tomorrow in Chicago!!! My sister got free tickets (they were interviewing she and her husband for a possible story, but it didn't pan out, so they offered them free tickets...and then gave them an extra one!) I was so thrilled when she called me and asked me to go! But then I had to figure out who was going to get Kaleigh up in the morning (Hubby goes to work at 3:30 am) and get her on the bus! And get things ready so I can leave tonight! Isn't it amazing how something so exciting can wreak havoc on your routine???? Why do I let that happen? I am in control of my life and should be able to handle this! What am I so afraid of?...

So here's the quote of the day to tie in with this theme!

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." --Elbert Hubbard

OK...so onward! HELP from yesterday

H=45 oz. (not good!)
E=1 mile WATP in the morning
L=See above!
P=Deep Breaths, get through work today, pack & have a great time with my sister and her husband in Chicago! I will be conscious of what I am putting in my mouth, but not going to stress about it. We will probably go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch! Will get back on track on Thursday!

Comments****************************************

Jennifer...You did the 2 mile in the MORNING??? Kick butt, girlie!!!
That loading & unloading...sounds like you will need a break...owee!

Lucy...Well you could have the cold with the snow like we have!!! At least it's not predicted to snow along the lakeshore tonight when we travel to Chicago!!

Spanky...Way to go on the lb! Good job! And you are right...good enough sometimes is just good enough!

Nic...Hope your day was productive and that you got in your exercise! Keep up the good work!

MsRD...Where are you? Snowed in? I think you might have gotten the icy stuff, eh? Hope you are well! Any exercise yesterday?

I gotta run!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #95  

Smile

Evening all!

Wow! It has been a great couple of days......food is good and I am proud of the fact that I am managing portions better.....water is good, though it could be better. I have been doing 2-mile WATP.....I can make it thru the whole dvd, but not with the full intensity I should. I know it must be psychological, but I am feeling soooo much better, both physically and mentally. Remind me of this when I start slipping, k?

Spanky.....Down one pound. gone and lost forever! Another goal accomplished.....check it off!

Jennifer....Never weigh in with puffy ankles.....that is Diet Rule #23a (Really! I don't make this stuff up!) Guzzle more water and/or fruit juice and flush that stuff on thru!

Ceejay....On plan! You can't get much better than that!

JKitty......Shopping motivation! You have the best ideas! I honestly had not given much thought to it......just figured the clothes I had would fit better. At some point, I probably will need to go shopping......and $20/week might just cover it by then

Nikki.....That scale can drive you crazy! And when it is not moving or moving in the wrong direction, it can de-rail the best diet plans. Decide on once weekly weigh in day.....and stick to it!

Julie...Nope, not snowed in here! We only got 3-4" total......way less than you folks at the lakeshore! Have a great time at OPrah.....tell us all about it when you get back!

Time to get my evening started....so many things to do tonight!

MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #96  
Lucy Kitty

I feel like such a freakin' dip right now! *lol*

So I can't do much aerobic stuff because we've got bad air (seriously) and I have athsma. Free weights get real old real fast. DUH! I forgot my balance ball!!

I'm going to do at least 1/2 hr of it this afternoon (already in my yoga pants - and btw, cropped does not apply to the short. These are TOO LONG and they're called cropped. What a joke!) and hopefully 10 minutes on my mini-stepper while I watch the news or something.

So... this whole HELP thing.. I guess I should do it too

H - 20 oz so far. Another 20 - 30 for the rest of the day.

E - 30 min. balance ball workout, 10 min. stepper workout

L - Breakfast = Pria bar, toast w/ fake butter goo, and pnut butter Nature's Valley granola bar. Lunch was crackers & cheese w/ a Mt. Dew (I needed dew!!), and Dinner is hopefully spaghetti. I want spaghetti. But if not, probably a skillet meal or something. Snack after my workout is yogurt.

P - Ordering a new rowing machine on Friday after I get paid. I'm sick of the elliptical and it doesn't challenge me at all. My big problem areas are my arms & legs (a little tummy is there but I'm not as concerned in that area), and I know the rowing machine will force me to be challenged for at least a year or two. Plus, the ortho surgeon I saw a few years back (for my bad back - busted discs that fused together) said I should take up rowing if possible because it'd help my back get stronger and that'd make surgery easier if I ever opt for it.

And I'm off! And glad that it's FINALLY above freezing here! FINALLY!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 307/301/165

My food isn't that bad but I just can't get motivated to exercise. Help! Ineed some encoragement and quick. LOL.
patae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #98  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, sunshines! Yesterday got away from me faster than I expected. And today is going to be a busy day, followed by an evening out for our anniversary. Hubby wants to go out to dinner, so that's the plan. And because of that...breakfast & lunch are both going to be toned down to make sure I stay within where I want to be.

I took Monday's # for the weigh in, according to MsRD's diet rule. Good thing, because it still shows me UP 6 pounds from all that activity & swelling. By this weekend, I had better have my old number back! Grrr!

Julie- hope you enjoy your day out, and have a great time at Oprah!

MsRD- awesome going with the 2 mile WATP. I'm still not doing it with full range of the upper body stuff, or knee lifts as high as I should. I figure as it gets easier to not want to collapse, I'll work up that intensity.

Lucy- way to switch things up with the balance ball. Now, forget that dang dress- send me the elliptical!

Patae- I feel your pain on the motivation to exercise. I have to force myself, or trick myself, and find ways to make it something I want to do. I'd much rather sit on the couch, or sit & read. Find something that you like to do, and work from there. Walking, biking...whatever you'll actually get up to do. And if that doesn't spark things, come here and challenge someone to match your exercise & get things moving.

Ok ladies...too much poop to deal with today, so hope everyone has a great day, and wonderful evening, and tomorrow morning, I'll see you back here
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #99  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Hiya chicks!

Well, ugh. Craziness like you wouldn't believe.

Friday my best buddy at work got fired, or at least "his position was eliminated." The company's excuse was "we'll be doing less internal work." Which is ridiculous. But the thing is, about 97% of my job is internal work. So, can anyone say 'stress'?

The weekend was ok, though not much happened. We took down the rest of the xmas decorations, finally, and that's about it.

Monday was spent at the hospital with Steve. Kidney stones, you know. What fun.

Yesterday was my great-aunt's funeral and a big family gathering afterward, wherein I met cousins for the first and most likely last time, and others I don't get to see very often.

Today, back to work, and I have a buttload of random crap to do, PLUS one of our print vendors is coming to take us out to a business lunch, and I have to go since now I'm technically the senior member of the art department (how scary is that?) and since D left we have to make some new contacts (he was our primary vendor-contacter). And I have a review with my boss this afternoon, supposedly, and I'll make no bones about the fact that I feel like I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.

*sigh*

Through it all, food has been decent, but not incredibly great. Water has been so-so. Exercise is still non-existant.

But today there will be some form of exercise, and I'll make some healthy choice at lunch (though I have no idea where we're going). And I'm rather thirsty, so I'll drink plenty of water.

Right now, I've got to get cracking. I hope you're all doing well, and as soon as things calm down I'll read the posts I missed and make some comments.

Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #100  

Hello!!

The food choices today were not the best....and that may be an understatement! I started out fine.....breakfast was tea and Cheerioes w/milk.....then I had a bagel mid-morning (Hey! the boss was buying!)....no lunch due to aforementioned bagel......then a piece of pizza for dinner. I'm not hungry, but terribly thirsty, so the bod is telling me something there!

JKitty.....Glad to hear you are finally thawing out. It is still in the 20's for highs during the day and they predict the same for the next week! Get going on that balance ball.....just keep moving!

Patae.....I wish there was a secret elixir to get us motivated to exercise! Instead of formal exercise, is there something you like to do....like walking....or swimming....or skiing? I always feel so much better after I exercise (and I mean physically and mentally), so I try to focus on that to get me going.

Jennifer.....Happy Anniversary! Hope you and hubby have a lovely evening. I am taking it easy on the WATP.....in the past, I have pulled muscles and such, which just puts the exercise program on hold even longer.

Elisha.....Zowee, chickie, there is waaayyy too much stress in your life. Steve doing okay now? Got my fingers crossed for your review today.

Bought a new mop at the store today, so better go waltz it around the kitchen.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:30 PM   #101  
Lucy Kitty

Sorry chickies, just a quick post from me. Today has been about the worst day imaginable, and I may need to drop off the challenge this month.

Short of it - broke up with the husband. Just not working out, so it's mutual. We are friends but that's about it... so a very bad day.

I'll try to keep on the plan but right now I don't feel like doing a lot.

Take care, and I'll be back as soon as I can.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #102  
"workin' on my fitness"

Super quick post- big office meeting today, already delayed- is 9:30 until 1pm, and since people STILL haven't shown up, we're running behind already. This will take up the better part of the day, so I'll come back & post later on in the day.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #103  

JKitty.....So sorry to hear about your breakup with your husband. I know it's hard. You will be under a lot of stress in the coming months, so please take care of yourself. And stop by here anytime to let us know how you are doing.....we are always here for each other
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #104  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Just been kind of busy with that day off to go to Chicago...puts everything behind, you know! And this is going to be quick! I'm heading to bed!

Last 2 days:
H=certainly not enough!
E=Not much!
L=tried to watch it whilst in Chicago and today not too bad. Still trying to get in those fruits & veggies!
P=Tomorrow is a new day! We are going to a hockey game tomorrow night. Not sure what we will be doing for dinner. I need to get up in the morning and do some exercise! I have some housekeeping to do over the weekend and maybe some ice skating again! And will get in some exercise & plan my menus. OK...that's enough!

Hugs to all. Special hugs to Lucy! I'm sorry about your breakup with hubby. I went through that with my first husband and even if it is "mutual", it is still painful! We're here for you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #105  

Exclamation

Happy Friday!

Welcome to the weekend! I just visited the arbys.com website and found that the chicken salad wrap I had for dinner was 638 calories!! Who knew!?! Wish I had know that ahead of time.......will be visiting some fast food websites this weekend, so the next lunch out won't do as much damage to the overall plan!

Julie....Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Ice skating......zounds! I haven't been ice skating since........well, i think my skates are antiques now. So, what was the main topic on the Oprah show.....or have they sworn you to secrecy?

Jennifer.....You aren't still in that big office meeting, are you? Sometimes they can last decades......or maybe it just feels that way!

Patae.....We need an update on how the exercise is going! Join me in WATP tonight?

Ellisha....hope you have a calm weekend planned after your crazy week!

Spanky....I bet you are going to make your goal again this week! Hooray for you, in advance!

Nicole.....Put away that scale and do something worthwhile......like take in one of those great football games!

Tomorrow is weigh-in This week overall was pretty good....as far as the exercise and water go. Food choices could have been better.....a little too much salt....so I am just hoping for the best.