Old 01-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #46  

My about-an-hour of aerobic exercise is done for the day. (Disco dance video.) That is my first exercise session of the year. Hope everyone else is moving today!
elsiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #47  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Hi all you buddies for may 6th ... Did 20 min on treadmill drinking tons of water 3 loads of laundry.. up and down the stairs tons of times ..Mom is still sick with some virus god bless her heart but I can at least see an improvement ... I hope I dont get what ever it is ..its sure has taking its toll on her . So anyway ..wanted to tell you all that I have joined Push on the 3fc board ..home page it sounds excellent and you get one month free ..One of the trainers is bob harper from the biggest looser..I did not pick him , he is to tuff for me Take care little chicks
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

I made it down to the YMCA today to work out, but only did 1/2 what I planned on, since all the treadmills were taken... So, I only did weights and the bike, then treated myself to an extra long shower

I finally worked my way through my kids' laundry, so everything is clean- including linens/jackets/blankets even washed some of the stuffed animals that needed it Tomorrow I need to tackle MY stuff. Hubby is last cause he has waaaaaaaay too many clothes. (His hamper is full, the floor of his closet is piled up, and he still has so many clothes it looks full!) I need to clear some of the junk out. Does one man need 7 Charger football shirts? evidently mine does LOL

Anyway, it's been a busy day, but I think the month is off to a good start! Hope everyone else is pumped up too
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:46 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Great tuesday!

Hi everyone--

to everyone who is new!

I had a super busy day today--ended up taking a friend to the doctor--fortunately I was able to do my 30 minute walk while she was in the docs office so I kept on plan. Plus she took me out to red lobster for lunch and I ate grilled shrimp which is totally great for my diet. so feeling good and motivated--I want those pounds to roll off this year!

This is my friend who had WLS--she got the lap band and lost 80 pounds so far and she wants to lose another 50 and she got the band tightened up today.

It kinda motivates me too because I want to lose this weight on my own!

luxor--housework counts as exercise--you definitely burn lotsa calories!

annie--push sounds interesting--let us know what it is all about!

elsie--welcome and congrats on the exercise!

Sno

Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #50  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies,
Welcome to everyone new. I made it to the gym the last two days and I'm off to a good start for my week. I did a leg workout this morning and 30 minutes of interval cardio.
I was thinking of you Dolly when my alarm went off at 5 am and I actually got out off bed this time. No more excuses!!!
Isn't it true Sno that you can almost always fit those exercise goals in even when schedules change. Supporting your friend really makes a difference.

Elsie welcome and way to stick to those exercise goals.

Luxor thats alot of house work. Definately counts towards activity goals and burns those calories.

Annie Push sounds very interesting do tell more...

I followed my eating plan closely yesterday and had 5 small protein/carb combo meals no more than three hours apart. Time flys sometimes and it's easy to forget but as long as I pay attention to hunger signals I'll be ok.

Have an awesome day!!!

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #51  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

morning everyone just stopping by before work to say hi now im about to go get my morning workout
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Wow!!! This is a really motivated group. I didn't do my exercise yesterday, I am still fighting this cold and flu and now sinus infection, however with a six to eight hour wait for a doctor I have been unmotivated to get medication. So I slept for about 11 hours yesterday evening and night. No housework, no exercise but I feel a lot better. Hopefully by next week I will be cured finally. My scale still says 213 this morning but my fingers no longer feel like they are about to break out of their skin.

40 - Great to see you again. Good luck with the new plan and great getting to the gym. 5 is way too early for me, I don't function until 6.

Sno - Thanks for the new challenge. We will succeed this time. Good getting the walk in.

Dolly - Hi!!! Sounds like you have an excellent plan for losing. Good luck.

Elsie - I want to lose about 74 lbs. You are doing great getting a workout in. It is my biggest downfall. I just hate exercise and no excuse is too big or too small for me to whimp out. That is my biggest goal. To start exercising.

Annie - Laundry and any housework for that matter ought to count as a workout, nevermind the treadmill and stairs with a sick Mom. Hope you stay healthy.

Lux - Way to go with all the cleaning. I know how much all that laundry can build up.

Well I was pretty good with my eating yesterday, a few slips but I am just getting back into things so I'm not beating myself up. I still have the headache/sinus infection so I doubt I will workout today, but I will be doing my 30 minute walk which I also did yesterday. Today my goal is to keep the eating on track. Good luck to you all today.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #53  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Chicks,

Okay I actually woke up at 4am dreding waking up at 5am so I slept another hour and woke up at 5am to hit the gym. Back to the old routine of the 5am workout and then heading to work. I did 3 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical at levels 4 and 6. That is great for me. Since I have started to run more I find the ellpitcal not as challenging so I am upping the levels. I did pedal backwards for about 5 minutes and I could feel it in my thighs. Now I am avoiding starting work...I need to get started, but it is so hard after being off for a week and a half.

card: I hope you kill that sinus infection soon. When I lived in Houston I would get them all the time, doctor told me it was the poor air quality. They can be a killer.

40: Great Job at getting out of bed at 5am. That's the biggest obstacle for me too, because once I am up I am ready to go...it's just the getting out of bed. I have also found that it is easier to get up if you get up right away and don't snooze because you will just snooze again and again.

Sno: Grilled shrimp sounds great! DH and i love to have boiled shrimp and potatoes w/ a salad for dinner. Great job on getting in that 30 minute walk too!

Luxorbea: You are not the only one who has a husband that has so many dirty clothes. Mine goes through three sets a day and it kills me...his work clothes...his at home clothes...and his sleep clothes...I just don't understand. It's not like he get dirty at work, he just likes to smell fresh he says. At least he does help fold them every now and then.

annie4atkins: Hope your Mom starts feeling better soon!

elsiemoo: Way to go on the first workout of the year, hope it was a good one!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #54  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Hey ..Mom is feeling better ,but still very weak and for her that is really something ..she is 73 going on 30 ..useally she has more energy then the energize bunny..So its hard to see her like this ... anyway she is on the mend here is a link to the push I found here it looks so great your own personal trainer and its not expensive when you think of how much a trainer would cost ..and first month is free ..then after that 25 per months ..and you get 2 dvds a month ... take a look ... I orderd mine yesterday ,but iam in canada on the east cost so it will take longer for the first time .... annie http://www.3fatchicks.com/Fitness/3FC_Gets_a_PUSH/
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #55  

Default Wednesday

The first week is always the hardest and the most important for me--just the change in eating and making everything regular. If I can get through the first week then everything is easier.

Yesterday I was not as hungry which is good. This morning I was thinking maybe I screwed up because I had a little cocktail sauce on my shrimp--it has carbs. But I looked it up and it has about 4 carbs per tablespoon--which is about how much I had. So that is fine.

Today I want to get some rest--yesterday was a really busy day and I am waking up tired. Of course I will do my walk but otherwise mostly take it easy.

Nina--good job with getting that regular exercise--it really helps motivation, huh? I would love to belong to a gym--cant afford it right now but maybe someday.

Hi miafluker!

card--take care of that sinus infection--those can be painful! Kudos on walking anyway--that takes willpower!

dolly--great job at the gym--you must be a hardbody! No wonder you lost so much weight so far!

Annie--glad to hear about mom--mine is the same way--way much more energy than me.

Have a great day all!

Sno
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #56  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool A little late but can I join??

Hello!
It is good to see so many postive people in one place. I had a goal to be at 208 by January 1st. I weighed in at 213.2 so I didn't make my goal! That is the second goal in a row that I didn't make. I was 1lb off on Thanksgiving Goal GRRRRR......

Anyway I am setting a nicer goal for myself of 25 lbs by May 6th. If I make this goal I will be well into Onerland....

I follow Weight Watchers. I have been doing it for 5 months now and I have almost lost 30 lbs...... I am loving it, but have about two rough weeks where I didn't count points everyday...... I am back to tracking everything no matter what..... plus I will stay within my points/flex points.

I am not exersicing as of yet, but want to incorporate some exersice. I have a membership to a gym through my apartment but I don't use it. I want to start going if only to lift weights. I am thinking of starting a walking program. Do any of you know of any good ones. I would like to begin walking outdoors with my dog. It is still nice in Michigan, suprising for January....Normally we are covered in snow!

I weigh-in on Mondays and can update weekly.

Goal for this week. Track everything I eat, stay at my points for the day, drink 64 oz of water.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Here is the most up to date list of goals, I think....
Nina----Will lose 32 lbs by May 6th
Leygh--Will lose 24 lbs by May 6th
Dolly---Will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Little---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Sno----Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
Katie--Will lose 15+ lbs by May 6th
lovin_life--Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Krista---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
chr1st1na---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Annie---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
Kim--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Calejo--Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
stopeating --Will lose 23 lbs by May 6th
Mia--will lose 27 lbs by May 6th
Chaarli--will lose 30 lbs by may 6th
Bridget- will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
miafluker--will lose 34 lbs by May 6th.
card--will lose 38 lbs by May 6th.
Elsie--will lose 27 lbs. by May 6th
TRACY--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #57  

Default welcome!

Today was a good day--did my exercise and stretch as per usual and had a nice stir fry for dinner. Looking forward to that weigh-in next week--I think I will do well.

Welcome Tracy! sounds like you are on a successful eating plan that works for you--that is most of the battle. Now adding exericise will really boost your weight loss. I just walk 39 minutes everyday no matter what--so far the weather has been fairly good tho I have bundled up due to wind a few times. I have some of the walk away pounds videos by leslie sansone as a back up if it gets too brutal.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

sno
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #58  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Chicks,

Rain, rain, go away! The rain and cold just make me dreary. Although I did workout this morning I don't feel like I did at my full capacity. But in my opinion exercise is exercise, right.

Sno: stirfry sounds so good, what do you put in yours?

akacutie: Welcome! You will find great support here. Like Sno said, try walking. Start off slow and work yourself up. It really will make you feel better. I also weigh-in on Mondays, it does keep me accountable on the weekends.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 242/219/199

Height: 5'1

Good Morning Everyone!! I haven't posted as much as I would like to because I finally found a job.. I start this evening and I'm so excited about it! I have been meeting my goals for this week and this challenge.. except I could be exercising a little more! I did manage to step on the scale this morning because I was curious and needed a little "boost" I have lost 2 lbs so far this week so I'm having a great day! I'm not going to change my ticker yet though. How do some of you do your ticker here?? Wait until weigh-in day or change it everytime you see a loss?? Anyway.. Just wanted to say good morning to you!

Have a Great Day!!
chr1st1na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday But my son had a friend over, and I am SO glad that I only had 1 boy! (I also have 3 girls, but boys are just so physical!!! They were wrestling and jumping all over each other all day) I figure between playing with the boys a bit, and doing laundry, I got a good bit of exercise in

Does anyone watch the Rachael Ray Show? There was a woman on who has this great plan for losing weight- she got her friends/family/coworkers to each sponser 1 pound. So, during that pound she's loosing (I think she said she was up to 117 pounds lost) she has someone to support her. Some people are going to give her new healthy recipes, others are going to give up smoking, and her brother said he is going to forget about a loan he gave her a few years back. I thought it was a great story, I'd like to get something like that organized for me, I mean talk about motivation!

Anyway, my hubby's dad & step-mom are taking my 3 oldest kids to LegoLand today, so it's just going to me me & my 2yo. Gunna head out to the gym as soon as the others leave, then get my car's oil changed, and maybe go to the park or something if she's up for it.

I try to keep myself to only weighing myself once a week because if I go up, then down a little over the week, I see it as a gain even if it's a loss overall. And I only change my ticker once a week- even if I do sneak a peek at the scale LOL
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote