Old 12-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #16  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone...
I'm not making my goals...either one of them, new years or when hubby comes home. If i lost a lb a day til he gets home, then maybe, but I'm just gonna stick to eating better and trying to make better choices.

Jan 16 is the date he's due home.....about a week earlier than expected....we shall see though, I haven't heard from him since christmas. I guess his internet connection is really bad because he can't get thru to me and he hasn't bothered to email me.

work is still bad, I've already started looking with the state and on monster and careerbuilders. No appreciation for all of us, they reward who they want to, and there were obviously 3 of us who were not rewarded for showing up to work every day. Not working hard enough, not keeping our mouth shut, etc. I guess that's what they want...psycho people who call in sick all the time and submit to whatever they do. Oh well.

anyway I am surviving the holidays. santa didn't bring me what i wanted (a football victory) so he's on my naughty list for next year. Hope he brought everything you guys wanted though

gotta run, gotta get ready to go back to he-double hockey styx..aka WORK
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #17  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Freaking Out!!!!

Okay - I jumped on the scale this morning and it said 174. 174????? I cussed the scale out and jumped back on again... still 174...

GAAAAAAAAH!!! I don't understand this!!! Although this IS the time in my cycle where I usually start to retain water... and I am feeling a little puffy... AND I'm sick and taking medication, which might be making my body wacky...

I'm not changing my ticker. Not yet. I'm going to give my body a few more days and try weighing in again on Monday morning, New Year's Day.

But I am really, really bummed out.

*~*~*~*~*

Holyteror - so often it seems like it just doesn't pay to be a conscientious, loyal, hard-working employee, doesn't it? It's the same way around my office, but I'm happy to say that it's gotten better over the past few years. Maybe your workplace is just going through transitions, like ours was?

Jeni - I swear, National Hoodie-Hoo Day is not something I just made up. Your sister's house sounds a little... cramped??! It's nice of her to watch your kiddos though. Make sure to have lots of Purell on hand!!

Robin - you're having such good days lately, and that's awesome! You're really in a great groove - keep it up! And thank you for your well-wishes. Yeah, this sick thing is getting old... and hey, I wouldn't mind calling our group "The So-and-So's..."

*~*~*~*~*

Okay - yes, I definitely think that we need to name our group... we seem to have a roster of regulars for these challenges, and I'd love to keep this group going! There's an awesome combination of like-minded (in that we're all about lifelong change), supportive women here, and I enjoy doing these quests with all of you. Of course, we are a group always open to anyone who wants to join us in our challenges - but I would love to see this group of ladies stick together!

And we are all pretty much in agreement for starting a new challenge, so Valentine's Day it shall be.

NOW - we have to get creative. What do we call ourselves, and what shall we call the challenge? If anyone has any ideas, just pitch 'em up and we'll decide what we like best.

My ideas:
1. Women On WEED (we could abbreviate it W.O.W.!): Svelte Sweethearts Challenge
2. Lean-for-Life Ladies: Better-than-Chocolates Challenge

Umm... and that's all I've got so far. Any ideas from you all out there?

*~*~*~*~*

W - 96 oz
E - 1200 calories
E - 45 mins cardio, upper body weights today
D - Daily Goal: sit in the steam room to try to clear these sinuses! Daily Affirmation: The number on the scale is not a part of my identity.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, GIRLS!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Suz, don't let Mr. Scale get to you!!!! Wouldn't it be GREAT if we could weigh ourselves just once a month. Well technically we COULD, but nah, not gonna happen. Give it another try on Monday and see what the evil scale man has to say. Maybe he'll surprise ya. Sorry to hear you're not feeling better. Hopefully you will real, real soon, like now is good .

Sorry to hear about your work woes Holyterror and the Cowboy woes as well.

Yeah I'm happy to say I am in a groove. I'm completely obsessed or possesed is more like it. It's on my mind 24/7 and I'm exercising like a nut and eating really, really well. And I really feel like I can go on this way forever and ever (wishful thinking). And I just wish I could bottle it up and share it with everyone. This took a long time in coming. I'm just glad it finally came and again, I sure as heck hope it sticks around.

Today I went for a manicure for the first time in I don't know maybe 15 years and it was directly related to my being obese. i just didn't feel comfortable in the little chair with all the women around me. I know it's absurd, but I think deep down that's how I felt. I always told everyone like my kids and my friends that I can do just as good a job myself a it's such a waste of time. The mind is a crazy thing. This being obese really screws around with one's brain.

I vote for the W.O.W - great idea Rowdy! I LOVE IT!!!

Anyway, I've got to run. Have a great rest of the day/evening everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #19  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Robin, apparently it freaked out my mama a bit too! LOL

Michelle, I noticed that too!

Suz, I haven't really had a chance to see all it could do. I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to sit back and fool around with it. And I second that vote for W.O.W!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

I remember "Hoodie Hoo" being part of some kind of yard game when I was little - - also "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free" - I think. Either day~14th or 20th~is fine by me. Very inspired by this group - and rrobin is totally ON FIRE! You GO Girl! Women On WEED cracks me up - better get some in for tomorrow:

W: 96oz
E: Pilates & Walking
E: OP
D: Order - just Order
D: This too shall pass.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #21  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Default W.o.w.

We're pretty much unanimous on W.O.W. - Once we get Jeni's vote (she IS one of the founding members of the group, after all!), we'll make it official.

Robin, I am so proud of you - and inspired by you. As I lay awake last night (my decongestants make me hyper, even NyQuil!), I got to thinking about my own groove... for a while there, I really WAS in a groove, losing a pound a week and happy about it. What made me jump the track? I don't even know... and maybe I'm being too hard on myself. After all, I have been sick for half of December.

So - I need to get my groove back, starting YESTERDAY. And, in fact, I did really well yesterday. I had my Slim Fast for breakfast, my Lean Cuisine for lunch, and hit the gym after work and really pushed myself hard. After that, we had to go to a holiday party that some of DH's cousins were having. I had no choice but to behave myself there - because the food was just awful. The crab dip - which is normally a weakness for me - tasted old, almost like the crab had turned bad. The shrimp were warm and spongy - not a good sign!! They had dried out roast beef, overcooked bratwurst (ew!) and frozen meatballs. Everything tasted like it had been sitting out for three hours before we got there. Gross!

I need to get my old groove back, reprogram my thinking. Robin - thank you for being a role model at a time when I really need it.

Mr. Scale can just bite me.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

Rowdy, I'm glad I can help and inspire you. You most definitely inspire ME. You're always so upbeat and seeing the positive in everyone. I know it must be so difficult to lose when you have SO LITTLE to lose. And I don't say that to make light of your situation, if you were 5 lbs overweight and it bothered you than that is also important. It must be extremely hard to stay on track and even when you do, you featherweights have a tough time with evil Mr. Scale. But on the other hand you must realize I am in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ballpark then you. I was and still am MORBIDLY OBESE. So though you may need to lose a few pounds, your life was not drastically altered by your weight gain. Me on the other hand -I could barely move, I was this big fat INVISIBLE person, just watching life from the side lines. I had to do something and something drastic or my life was in danger.I am literally fighting for my life here, and for my children's mother. It's a matter of life or death. I don't mean to sound so dramatic, but thems the facts. I ignored my situation for waaaay too long. I have a lot of catching up to do. For the life of me I still can't figure out why I didn't tackle this earlier. Why I thought it was okay to get so fat. But I try not to dwell on that. I've made the mess and now it's time for me to clean it up.

I think that in order for an obese person to lose all their weight and then keep if off (although I'm still at the losing stage) a certain amount of obsession is required. It didn't happen right away, but it most certainly has happened. And yeah, it's a good thing, a great thing in fact. So, please love don't compare yourself to me. I'm just glad to be in the same challenge as you guys. Because funny enough this is where I have an advantage over you skinny minnies. My weight will come off faster then yours. I know it doesn't seem fair, but that's the facts.

But I have no doubt you will get your weight off in due time. NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER. You are such an intelligent, articulate and determined woman. I really believe there's nothing you can't do. And if you wanted to be President, you could do that as well. I would vote for you in a second.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 12-30-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #23  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hi All!

Truer words never Posted rrobin! And ain't it about dayum time us morbidly obese gals had the ADVANTAGE in SOMETHING!!!????? That creeping crud that was going around put a crimp in LOTS of folks style rowdy . . . the main thing for me is lose or gain . . . you ALL are such an inspiration and support system!!!!

We'll all be getting a Groove On for '07 - I can just feel it!

CYA New Years Day!

PS: Almost forgot - tx to you all- -made my -20lb New Year Goal!!!! . . . (I think THAT'S what has me in Hug Emoticon Overdrive!!! LOL!!)
Old 12-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

W.O.W Has my vote to.
I love being a part of this group. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life.

I don't know who I want to respond to first, since I have been out of it for a while so

Aud WTG!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

Robin, I have to say that while I know that you have a lot more weight than me to lose your inspiration to me is more than envy of the quickness your weight is coming off. You have chosen to change your life and for that you are an inspiration. I know that I cant lose weight as fast as you, I know not to compare weight loss with others because bodies are different, but YOU inspire me. Your words, your courage, your resolution and determination, the fact that you changed your entire lifestyle to live is an inspiration. Your quick weight loss is a bonus, for you. I hope you understand that you inspire us for reasons other than your quick weight loss.

Suz, I hate the scale fairy this week too. It is telling me I have gained 5 pounds. I believe it too, but I am not going to change my ticker quite yet. My schedule is so off that I think I will wait until a more normal week to do an official weigh in.

Holyteror~I know the feeling about not making your goal, but all we can do is try our best.

Shari~ HI!

Michelle~I don't remember seeing a post from you , If you have sorry (brain dead me).

I won't tell you guys the kind of crap I have been eating this week. I was hoping that the restraunt being closed would help me, but I have been living on Sugar and Coffee pretty much all week. I am so busy and poor that I have been grabbing whatever I can in order to eat something. That is why I believe the 5 pound scale jump. I am not to terribly upset though because I know that starting on Monday I am back on plan. I know it wont be hard to get back on because I have felt awful this week. So I can't wait to get back on WEED
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:35 PM   #25  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

thanx jcatron I needed that.

i like W.O.W. too better than all my friends and hubby's version of W.O.W. (video game YUCK)
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:27 AM   #26  
3 + years maintaining

Jeni, let me first start out by saying, I can not imagine how difficult a time you must be going through. Your work hours are INSANE. Not to mention having two little kids, your recent bout with the crud. Oh and yeah the holidays. I find YOU to be inspirational. I don't think weightloss would even cross my mind in your situation. I really and truly don't. And quite frankly that terrifies me. Because I know one day I will find myself in similarly stresssful and INSANE situations and I haven't a clue as to how I will handle them. And I'm not going to always be (hopefully) over 200 lbs. So where's my incentive then? That was the key point that I left out of my last rambling post. At this point my incentive has got to be soooo much stronger then you lightweights as my life is literally on the line here. And again, I don't mean to belittle your situation. I know how important it is to you guys to lose your weight, and it most certainly should be. You are absolutely entitled to be the best YOU that you can be. That even the THOUGHT of weightloss is still on your mind during these insanely stressful times you've had to endure the last month or so is speaking loads. AND I KNOW THIS FOR CERTAIN - one day, and not that long off, you will be at the weight you want to be.

And let me just thank you so, so much for your kind words, today and always. You have no idea how much they mean to me. I cherish them. I really do.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #27  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals!!! Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days now!! I need to go back through and read through your posts again though, always need to be doing something else....

I like WOW too, like the WOW girls take on the Hoodie-Hoo...LOL

Hope you are all well and have a nice NEW YEARS EVE...gotta get this place clean enough to have people over.....hope to post again soon. FINAL WEIGH IN TOMORRA! xoxoxoxo love you all
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:35 AM   #28  
aud
lc lifestyle

WOW!

*crawls back under covers*