Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Binge-free week, Dec 5th start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I hope everyone's doing GREAT! I'm back from a Las Vegas vacation and I gotta say that my biggest sin in "sin city" was gluttony! The buffets are EVIL EVIL EVIL I gained 2 lbs, but it was worth it!

I'm back to healthy eating and feeling better!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #3  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

*whew* I'm so glad that this thread was started! There hasn't been a new one up since Thanksgiving, and I'm afraid that I've been a little lost without the accountability. (Read into that my inability to keep myself from back-sliding into bad habits complicated by the holiday and a nasty stomach flu that's travelled throughout the family!)

I was too shy to begin one myself, and was waiting for somebody else to take charge. Thanks Elizabeth!

Now I'll pick myself up and start again all over again!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm in! I did pretty good today, and I'm going to keep it up!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:06 AM   #5  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

I am a bit lazy when it comes to posting...and to exercising, thatīs why I will immediately start an exercise thread...

My relationsship with food is more or less ok. Not really 100% healthy, but 18 days to go until Christmas...I am not binging and according to my skinny trousers I am not gaining, so it should be quite ok.

Elizabeth: Thanks for starting the thread!! And you came back from Las Vegas with more than you had before! Better than losing so much in Vegas- ask the Gamblers

Hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Shame on me -- I haven't been on this site for a few days, so didn't know about the "new" challenge (funny thing is, it's the same one I make every Monday morning -- and I usually do OK until Monday evening). Thanks for getting me back on task -- and for giving me some sympathetic companionship while going through this.

Starting today -- Wednesday, 12/06/06 -- I pledge to be binge-free for one full week. If successful -- it will be the FIRST FULL WEEK that I've been binge-free for about 20 years -- so here goes!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #7  

Lizzy,

Wow! I am so rooting for you! You can do this!!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #8  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I'm glad to have such wonderful company in this thread! I'm trying REALLY hard to eat healthy foods AND avoid bingeing. I've just found out I'm pregnant (YAY!) so I've got to make sure not to starve myself. That is an unfortunate thing I do. If I overeat, I tend to "punish" myself by overly restricting food intake. It's even more difficult to not stress eat 'cause I'm terrified of having another miscarriage (I've already had 3).

So, if I can do this..... ALL of us can do this!!!!! BINGE-FREE, healthy eating!!!!

Phoenixsong~ I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time! I hope you're feeling MUCH better---stomach flu is so lousy!
Holidays are tough to stay in control. But I KNOW you can do this!
Quote:
I was too shy to begin one myself, and was waiting for somebody else to take charge. Thanks Elizabeth!
You're very welcome! Please do feel free to start a thread anytime. I try to start one but I was out of town. You can just cut and paste the top message if you'd like.
GOOD LUCK on staying binge-free!

justadreamy1~ You can do this.....keep going!

OKLizzy~ sending you lots of good vibes....... Good luck on staying binge-free for a week! You can do this! What helps me sometimes, is to break it into smaller time periods. I remain binge-free for one day or even one hour. And each is an accomplishment!

kate~I've missed your wonderful sense of humor!
Quote:
And you came back from Las Vegas with more than you had before! Better than losing so much in Vegas- ask the Gamblers

Good luck!

Let's ALL give ourselves an early Christmas gift the gift of being binge-free!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #9  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Elizabeth!!! I know that you must be very thrilled and I'm so happy for you! I'm praying that this baby will be born very healthy and that you will have a safe, wonderful, stress-free pregnancy!

Thanks for giving me the encouragement to start threads. I appreciate it very much!

I wasn't a perfect dieter today, but I have managed to keep my eating in check. That's a start! I also pledge to keep from binges for the week, and feel very encouraged that I will be able to keep that pledge!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #10  

Elizabeth,

Thank you

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 AM   #11  
On my way...

Good morning everybody!

Ok, yesterday was binge-free. I am trying just to eat when I am hungry (well, that sounds like a reasonable idea, or?) and interestingly I learned that I am not so hungry as I thought I would be...Does that make sense?? But not eating because of emotional reasons is hard....And I have a hard time because I am always feeling guilty about eating and I feel as if I would gain weight each waking second (thatīs not true, but it feels like it..)

Iīll keep myself busy with crafting christmas gifts. At the moment I am really busy with knitting- my brother gets a HUGE scarf.

Elizabeth: You are pregnant?? Thatīs wonderful!! Congratulations!! I really wish you all the best!
Could that be the reason for your Vegas- lb??

Phoenix Song: Who is a perfect dieter anyway?? Keeping your eating in check is wonderful and absolutely praise- worthy (is that a real word??? To lazy to look it up)

OK Lizzy, good luck for this week!!

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!!

Kate
Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

i always pop in and out but i promise that i am staying here for good. Reality called and told me i have to change or i'm heading down a dark and miserable life. I am ready to change and i NEED to change. Here is a list for my own use:

NO MORE 'starting over' Tomorrow will come and it will pass and then another tomorrow will come. For now on my 'tomorrow' wont be another diet, it will be a normal day, just like anybody else

NO MORE 'little bites' they all pile on and add up...

NO MORE 'all or nothing' stick to a plan and make it WORK

just a little bit of things that i can look at when i want to 'cheat' or binge... i mean i'm honestly ready this time. Its not for vanity's sake anymore, its for me.
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #13  

Hi everyone. I was doing fantastically well for ages but the last couple of weeks have been BAD!!!

I've been having ongoing legal hassles. I won a court case and now the other side have appealed. Then the lawyer told me how much it would cost. Man I almost fainted!!! But instead I ate, and ate.

Anyway nice to be back...
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #14  
On my way...

Good morning everybody!

I did well until yesterday afternoon/ night- then I ate a bit more than I needed, but fortunately it wasnīt a real binge.
I was just a bit angry, more or less about "nothing": I got angry because my violin teacher and the mother of another pupil were discussing violin prices and the amount of money you have to spend if you want to play violin (the amount was HUGE) and the mother was mocking about people with cheap instruments. Well, my violin was cheap (120 $), but itīs an old and wonderful instrument...and I paid it myself, I donīt have someone financing my hobbies (I donīt have someone financing my studies as well...). Ok, itīs rubbish, but I got a bit angry about the "nose up"- discussion. And ate too much....

RocknRoll: Good luck today!! You can do it if you take small steps and let your steps lead you away from the thoughts of having to be perfect.

sweet_pea: Hey, seems as if you would be a member of the "Occupation with law leads to overeating Club". I am the founder of the Club.

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amout of binge free time!!

Kate
Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate109 View Post
Hey, seems as if you would be a member of the "Occupation with law leads to overeating Club". I am the founder of the Club
That's a bit unfortunate if you are training in law

i didn't know you played the violin! i always wanted to learn but you have to have a good ear and i never had the confidence i would hit the notes right. one day i would like to play the piano again, but i have an old one (antique) that can never hold tuning. every time i get it tuned it goes kaput within a few days.

my dream is to have a grand piano but the way this law case is sucking money i won't have enough money to eat - hey ! might be good for my diet

one of the reasons i was upset (apart from the fact the lawyers are the only ones making money out of this) is that i will probably have to sell something big like my car to avoid going into overdraft to pay the darn lawyers. I really love my car and although in my head I know it's only a car and I can get another, I don't really want to give it up!!! Guess I just have to toughen up
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote