Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Two Days Binge-Free!

Even though I ate a few bites of things that were not on my plan for the day, and also ate later than normal (Christmas Parade in my little town; supper was afterward), I was actually binge-free for the second day in a row! A new feeling occurred this morning -- I was hungry by 8:30 or so. Usually, because of binging the night before, it's 11:00 or 12:00 before I can eat. Now the weekend looms ahead ---- the worst time for me. Hopefully, you'll see a posting from me on Saturday and Sunday, reporting success. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #17  

well done lizzie

i slept in this morning so i am having breakfast at lunchtime!!!
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Wow, day one and i feel so much better! I actually did the no all or nothing plan. I decided to ditch south beach because it just leads to cravings and huge binges. So, i ate a salad for lunch with yogurt, for a snack i made a homemade vegetable soup with chicken (i am freeezing!), and dinner i impressed myself: .25 cup mushrooms, .5 cup broccoli, a tiny sliver of steak, a giant sweet potato with smart balance, and a small slice of bread. I was so proud that i could eat these foods in moderation and not binge and go 'oh, i had a slice of bread- i need to eat the whole pantry NOW!'

It was great
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #19  

well done rock n roll
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #20  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I've done "ok" the past few days but have really struggled to avoid bingeing. I've added fruits and veggies to my low carb eating and have REALLY noticed a dramatic increase in my appetite. The "food" voices in my head....food obsessions are back. UGH. I can't tell you how many times I've done refrigerator and kitchen cabinet inspections. I TRY to walk away without grazing, but sometimes give in. I'm hoping I can find a reasonable, healthy eating plan to sustain a pregnancy and NOT continue to be tormented by my binge beast. My plan is to always have protein with fruit and other healthy carbs and to NEVER allow myself to become too hungry.

phoenixsong~
Quote:
Congratulations Elizabeth!!! I know that you must be very thrilled and I'm so happy for you! I'm praying that this baby will be born very healthy and that you will have a safe, wonderful, stress-free pregnancy
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!
Good luck on staying binge-free! I know you CAN do this!

kate~
Quote:
Elizabeth: You are pregnant?? Thatīs wonderful!! Congratulations!! I really wish you all the best!
Could that be the reason for your Vegas- lb??
Thank you! You are so sweet, you're making my blood sugar go up! I can't blame the vegas lb on a new pregnancy unless the baby's name is "buffet". Nah, I'm totally to blame for the temporary weight gain. It was worth it
You do crafty stuff?!??! Very cool! I LOVE to do crafts! I don't know how to knit manually but I have a knitting machine. I can crochet. Hmmm....you've given me an excellent idea.... break out the yarn and keep my hands BUSY so they can't reach for food!
Congrats on being binge-free!

OKlizzy~Good luck on this weekend! You can do this! Weekends can be tough....but you ARE tougher!

rocknroll~
Quote:
I was so proud that i could eat these foods in moderation and not binge and go 'oh, i had a slice of bread- i need to eat the whole pantry NOW!'
CONGRATS on your success with eating in moderation! That is my goal....to be able to eat healthy foods and NOT get food crazy. I know that, for me, part of it is physiological (insulin surge, blood sugar crash, etc) but part of it is also psychological. I'm working on that.
Good luck on your continued success!

to all lurkers! to all
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:57 AM   #21  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning everybody!

Ok, I just report that I spent the weekend binge free on this thread and then I start the new one- itīs Monday morning (and I realized it!! I am soooo good!)

Elizabeth: Itīs "interesting" and bad to hear that those food voices are coming back as soon as you add some things to your low carb dieting...I thought for a while that doing low carb for a while could change your body and the food voices were gone for good....But maybe (and I really have no idea about pregnancies...) itīs better to eat veggies and fruits- even if it leads to eating a bit more.
And hey, "Buffet" is nice name- ask Warren Buffet.
Crafting is an excellent idea because it keeps you busy without being "real work", you can watch TV or listen to Audio books while doing it and itīs a very sweet revenge to your relatives: mine have to try to act as if they were very, very happy getting a HUGE scarf for Christmas. And they have to wear it....

Hope to see you on the new thread!!
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote