Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Cyber Purgers V (warning: binge confessions)

This is the thread where we WILL confess (sometimes in explicit detail) our struggles with compulsive overeating/binge eating/bulimia and any other food control problems and issues. The mention of specific food is acceptable. All are welcome (newbies included!!)
Old 11-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks for this thread. I need to see it in writing so I can get a handle on things. This morning started out with an egg mcmuffin and a breakfast buritto. That's way to much fat. and this started a binge on little debbie snacks. I've had four of them with 2 in a package. To top it off I borrowed these out of a co-workers stash. That's bad. I can imagine what my cholesterol and blood sugar count would be if it were taken today. This way of eating is not good.

I did not plan ahead.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #3  

My binge was one entire package of cookies, half bag cheezy popcorn, one family size bag peanut butter mm's, about 20 miniture candy bars. And stuff I can't even remember. But the calories count was well over 8,000 calories. I am gaining weight and I am so depressed to be so out of control. I binge on sugar and it is making me physically sick. I want to blame TOM but it was over and I continued to binge. My stomach hurt so bad from overeating so why can't I stop myself.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I went shopping yesterday with my friend, my 2yr DD and her 3yr old twin boys.....my DD was pretty good, but those boys...wow, I admire moms of twins! So for the kids we went to CiCi's Pizza....mmmm. Started out good with a big salad, but when I went for my ONE slice of pizza, ended up about four plates later feeling disgustingly full. Didn't help that my friend matched me plate for plate, and she claims to be "trying" to lose weight too! And the dessert, cinnamon rolls, brownies, dessert pizza, OMG....sigh, todays another day.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I haven't done this in FOREVER, but after just a handful of binge-free days, I had to babysit at my sister's place and it's a concrete trigger. This is what I consumed:

2 chicken strips
French fries
2 poptarts
3 turtles
2 (single serving) packages of cinnamon graham crackers
about a cup of macaroni and cheese

And then I came home and ate:
a box of potato cheesy bacon bites
2 white castle burgers
and a POUND of apple pie with cool whip

I was still at a level of comfort, but I was in pain after the pie. And I was doing so well
Old 11-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

So yesterday, I ordered a nice charbroiled chicken salad from a Mexican fast food place....YUMMY salad. IT comes with a side of chips. Well I wanted some nacho cheese too, no biggie, I allow myself to have what I want, and everything I've mentioned thus far was in my plan to eat. Well little did I know that this small side of cheese comes with another entire SIDE OF CHIPS.

I didnt expect it to be a trigger but it was. Its been months for me, but you know, I overcame it. I got everything "to go" so that made it a little worse that I was in the confines of my house with no-one to be accountable to but myself but I DID IT.

After staring at the second order of chips for a few minutes seriously contemplating devouring them, I ate ONLY the small side that normally comes with the order which was my original intention and took the second side that came with the cheese and ran them under water in the sink until the tortilla chips were nice and soggy.....that trick really works as long as you can talk yourself into it
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #7  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Dear Self,

Skinny Cow ice-milk bars are a great invention, but they are not for you. You KNOW you have a sugar addiction, and you never stop at just one. Don't buy them anymore!

Tough love,
You

*sigh* And of course I just justified my little pig-out with the thought that I'm getting rid of them so I can start over tomorrow. Yeah, three ice-milk sandwiches before noon is real healthy....

However, there is hope. For one thing, I'm not counting this as a binge because I was able to stop before I felt sick, and I was fully aware of what I was eating, the whole time. That's not usually the case.

I'm also trying really hard to keep the mindset of "You ate it, you own it", so I resist that little voice that tells me I can just purge whatever I've had. AND, I entered the food into FitDay and am owning up to it instead of just tossing the calorie-counting for the day. I am just going to keep things low for the rest of the day so that I still stay under my limit of 1400. This does not excuse my eating the ice-milk, but it's a step in the right direction.

I can do this! *theme from Rocky begins to play*

Last edited by callystia; 11-15-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
So yesterday, I ordered a nice charbroiled chicken salad from a Mexican fast food place....YUMMY salad. IT comes with a side of chips. Well I wanted some nacho cheese too, no biggie, I allow myself to have what I want, and everything I've mentioned thus far was in my plan to eat. Well little did I know that this small side of cheese comes with another entire SIDE OF CHIPS.

I didnt expect it to be a trigger but it was. Its been months for me, but you know, I overcame it. I got everything "to go" so that made it a little worse that I was in the confines of my house with no-one to be accountable to but myself but I DID IT.

After staring at the second order of chips for a few minutes seriously contemplating devouring them, I ate ONLY the small side that normally comes with the order which was my original intention and took the second side that came with the cheese and ran them under water in the sink until the tortilla chips were nice and soggy.....that trick really works as long as you can talk yourself into it
Destroying food is a great technique. I throw food in the trash all the time. Yes, I realize it is a waste of money, and over time I have stopped buying certain foods because I don't want to waste money.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
Destroying food is a great technique. I throw food in the trash all the time. Yes, I realize it is a waste of money, and over time I have stopped buying certain foods because I don't want to waste money.
I've done that too, but as sick and disgusting as this is, I've gone and dug food out of the garbage.....I have to literally destroy it, otherwise I'm doomed.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:10 AM   #10  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Don't feel bad, Mammasita. I've done it too. Thankfully, not lately, but I have done it.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, good grief. I was trying so hard not to come in here.

Yesterday I woke up with a UTI, and I was MISERABLE. I went to the gym for my workout, but naturally I ate to console myself.

I had:
- cottage cheese
- 4 slices of toast slathered in butter
- small bag of Doritos
- slab of toffee
- whopping great sub from Quiznos crammed with meat and sauce

I tried to throw the Doritos out after consuming about six chips, but the garbage bin was missing from beside my bed. (yes, I was eating in bed, and yes, I was too lazy to walk to the bathroom to dump the chips there. go figure) So I ate the whole darned thing.

It's not one of my worst binges, but it's a heck of a lot more calories than I planned on eating.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #12  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Aww, Ellis.

The first step, as you know, is to forgive yourself. Then pick yourself back up and move on. It's all we can do, and I know you'll be right back on track today!

How are you feeling this morning? I have been lucky enough to avoid UTIs in this lifetime, but I understand they can be excruciating.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Cally, you're such a sweetheart... thank you.
I think I caught the UTI just in time. I took about 12 cranberry capsules yesterday. I'm prone to getting them (the infections, not the cranberry capsules. heh), so I try not to wait around until I'm in agony and have to sit in a doctor's waiting room.

I'm determined to have a good day today. I've got an apple in front of me.
I'm glad you were able to stay within your calorie range yesterday! You're in charge, hon... you can do this!

I hope everyone else has a good day...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #14  

I know I am ready for a positive change in my life when I throw food in the trash. After yet another binge yesterday I threw food away. I reminded myself that I have wasted money,but I am saving my life. I hope I can move on now from binging. I have succeeded in not purging. I told myself regardless of how much pain I was in I would not purge because I was quickly killing myself.

Now I am telling myself that eating 10,000 calories a day and getting heart palpations and having trouble breathing is also killing me. I am ready to love me. Wish me luck. And good luck to everyone here.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm going to stop procrastinating and confess. After 7 days of binge free, I fell off the wagon. This was on Wed. The thoughts started around 2:00pm. I knew I was going to be on my own for dinner, hubby would be home late. I had planned ahead and made chicken and brown rice so that I wouldn't have to cook, just reheat. I still started thinking about stopping by the store for ice cream or something else. But I still had will power at this point so went to the gym after work and made it home without a side detour.

Ok, so I think I'm doing ok but then I start the "hover" mode. Where I go to the fridge/freezer/pantry and just look at the food. Then I walk away and before I know it I'm back looking again. When I went to the baking cabinet (where I keep all the flour, sugar, baking chocolate, etc) I knew I was in trouble. Everything I have in the house is healthy, but with butter, sugar, eggs, and flour I could sure make something.

I think that was the point I knew I was going to give in and do it. I started pulling out canasters and then had one last spurt of will power and told myself that if I was giving in, I was going to do as little damage as possible. So I ended up eating an apple and pear cut up and sauted with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey. It wasn't completely what I wanted but it was enough to get me past this crazy obsession with eating something sweet and buttery.

So this was by far my best binge (can I say that) ever in that i controlled the calories into something reasonable. But all the behaviors surrounding it were just the same as if I had eaten 5 times as much.

I'm greatful for this forum to give me a chance to come clean. Just by taking the time to write it all out really helps me to focus on the bigger picture and not just on the food itself.

I had a great day yesterday and I'm planning on a great one today. Here is wishing you all the same.
Closed Thread