Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #91  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissH View Post
But still, that's far healthier than my ice cream binges.
That might be but.........this isn't a competition. Plus, someone *could* have say, a binge where they eat 3 boxes of sugary cereal with a quart of whole milk. That wouldn't be *healthier* at all.
Plus, there is no such thing as a "healthy" binge!

Btw: MissH, I'm not having a go at you....... so please don't take offense.

We are all here for support and no one's binge is better or worse than anyone else's. A problem is a problem. Period.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #92  

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting here. I've been dieting for over a year now but have been stuck in the last 6 months and have actually gained about 20 pounds back. I'm starting to come to the realization that I have an eating disorder. I do really great with my calories for a few days and then I have a binge.

It's my afternoon snack that I'm having trouble with. Yesterday I ate about 4 servings of raisin bran and yogurt together for over 1000 calories. I'm fustrated and I don't understand why one day I do well with my afternoon snacks having some apple or lean protien one day and then next day binging on cereal and yogurt.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
Destroying food is a great technique. I throw food in the trash all the time. Yes, I realize it is a waste of money, and over time I have stopped buying certain foods because I don't want to waste money.
I used to think I was alone in doing this to stop my self from overeating. I remember eating a big bag of jellybeans...I had almost finished the bag, when I was uncomfortably full (I had already had dinner too) I took the rest downstairs to the basement where the kitty litter trashcan is and dumped them out in there. I know that had I dumped them in the kitchen trash I might have been tempted to pick them out and eat them. I know gross.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #94  
Bikini Season :)

*confession over the past 3 days*

3 double cheeseburgers
2 arby's giants
3 orders of chicken fingers
2 orders of chicken mcnuggets
8 giant sodas
3 orders of cheese sticks
8 little debbie snack cakes
4 kitkat bars
2 reeces cup bars
3 large bags of chips
8 burritos
10 wonton wraps
3 bowls of shrimp scampi
a gallon of whole milk
2 ben and jerry's ice cream cones
4 hotdogs

Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #95  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow, KateRN are you ok? was this prompted by something particular? I know when I fall off it sometimes helps to talk about it... we're here
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #96  
Co-Mod

Yeah, Kate.........are you okay physically as well????
Old 01-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #97  

i dont know what prompted it, honestly. just LOST it for a few days...
i've been under a ton of stress (lost my job over the holidays, living in a motel, working a few other jobs, 1 isnt giving me the hours they said they would so im not making my monthly bills) and im just overwhelmed in life a lot right now... i have a new full time job to start up in the next few weeks, but all in all - i just feel like crap. bloated. gross. nauseated. fat. ugly. broke. living out of a motel. its not pretty.
i will be honest and say that i absolutely chased it all with a handful of laxatives which is a weird feeling of satisfaction.

i get health insurance march 1st so i think when i do im going to try to find a doctor to see if they can help to enroll me in a program or something.

just feeling very stuck and very alone...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Kate, when you take laxatives after a binge, it has been scientifically PROVEN that you only get rid of an extra 100 calories!! The laxatives work at the very LAST step in digestion -- you absorb the calories from your food right before the laxatives start taking effect. So, it may make you feel better, but in reality, it's not even worth it. And they make your digestive system lazy -- and if your system gets dependent on them, you may can cause PERMANENT damage and end up with a colosotomy bag.

Please do get help -- and don't take laxatives anymore.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #99  
Co-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
Kate, when you take laxatives after a binge, it has been scientifically PROVEN that you only get rid of an extra 100 calories!! The laxatives work at the very LAST step in digestion -- you absorb the calories from your food right before the laxatives start taking effect. So, it may make you feel better, but in reality, it's not even worth it. And they make your digestive system lazy -- and if your system gets dependent on them, you may can cause PERMANENT damage and end up with a colosotomy bag.

Please do get help -- and don't take laxatives anymore.

Wow! I did not know that. Although, I have never taken laxatives for any other purpose than they were intended.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #100  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through - you know we're all here if you need to talk, and frankly if you need anything else, just ask.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #101  

thanks guys, i appreciate it
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #102  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ive only postedc a couple time is this forum, mostly just lurking.

But tonight I got a phone call from my sister while I was making dinner, chicken teriyaki. My plan was to eat 2 cups of that, nothing more. After the conversation, and resulting family tension (not between us, but in general), I ate 3 cups. Then a sugar-free pudidng pack with whipped cream, which I sometimes have for desert. Then the rest of a large bag of chips from last August. Not much left in there, mostly small pieces, and somewhat stale. But I ate them. And now my stomach hurts, and I'm telling myself no more. Even though I sort of still want to. but I will be stronger. I will wait a while, then work out.

*sigh*

Im just so disappointed in myself.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #103  

Height: 5'3''

Last night was bad. Party food makes me eat. Had some crappy shots and other alcohol. Then had most of the veggie and fruit platter and ate a container of hummus by myself. Then had pita bread and cereal and coffee. I thought my stomach was going to rip. Had too much water during the binge. Ouch.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #104  

another biiggg binge yesterday that included drive thru's at 4 fastfood places...

today wasnt quite as a bad with only one drive through, i stopped at a 7-11 to get junk food but got the willpower up to just leave with a diet soda and a cosmo
Old 02-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #105  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hey Kate

Man, I hear you...I have a problem normally whenever I keep licorice or Oreo's in the house. Never quite figured out why...still don't know. I try to have them periodically just to see if I have gotten a grip or not. Well...not... My last few days have been pretty bad as well and I don't even have half the things that you seem to have on your plate right now.

On another note...is that your picture in your avatar!!! If it is...all I can say...is wow...you are truly beautiful...try to remember that...
Closed Thread