Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Thumbs up Binge-Free Week, October 2nd Start

I hope it's ok for me to start this thread. Good luck to everyone this week!!!

In the words of the lovely Elizabeth:

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #2  
It's working this time!

Talking

I had a hard weekend... lots of urges to eat... but I was strong and am now on my 14th binge-free day! WOOHOO!

I'm also down another 2 pounds. 7 pounds total, in 14 days!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Tisha, thanks for starting the new thread!
Wow, you're doing GREAT, girl!! Congratulations, and keep it up!!

I had my first binge-free day in ages yesterday. Let's see if I can do two in a row...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #4  
Food junkie

S/C/G: 150/150/118

Height: 5'5''

Hi ladies,
This is going to be a binge free week. I am doing great so far. Will update later.
Stay strong,
Alex
bringiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #5  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

Ok, time to jump on that new thread....I have extrem problems with food choices and the quantity of food recently.
Two things happened: I increased my workout (now i am doing really A LOT of exercises) and I started taking Metformin for my insulin resistance. Results: it seems as if my body would need more fuel, six meals a day work out fine. And I completely lost my appetite. So eating when I am hungry is a problem because I canīt decide what to eat. Everything looks awful. That sounds like heaven, but it isnīt. Most of the days I ate not enough and felt awful. Weak and tired, tired, tired....Then I ate junk because that looked the best....(dumb, I know).
To make it more complicated: I have an appointment with my Doc in 14days. And all she cares about is weight loss. Not building muscles, losing dress sizes: just smaller numbers on the scale. Which leads me to starve myself (for more weight loss), which leads to very low blood sugar....

Ok, long text, no sense.....I started pre- planning all my meals again. Type of food, quantity and time. And I am trying to balance my calorie intake....

Hope everybody has a good day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #6  
On my way...

Oh, just a stupid thing but I wanted to tell:
I am planning to lose 12kg. My weight would be still on the high end of the BMI-OK- list (my BMI would be 25 if I would lose 12kg)

Yesterday I came across something which weighs 12kg. The texture was a bit comperable to fat. And I realized HOW MUCH THAT IS. 12 kg are heavy! And it takes so much space!

And I always thought 12kg wouldnīt make a difference....
Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #7  
It's working this time!

Exclamation

Kate109, have you told your doctor how it makes you feel, that she only focuses on the scale? If so, what does she say about that? Hopefully she's ashamed of making you feel that way...that you have to starve yourself. It's rediculous and I think I'd consider switching doctors.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:12 AM   #8  
On my way...

Ok, yesterday was binge free. A bit sloppy eating, but not too much.

Tisha___: Seems as if Doc are always that way....My Doc is semi- ok, so I stick with her. The last one I visited told me that there would be no connection between exercises and weight loss. And my Gyn told me that it takes a horrible long time to see results with an exercise programm because your body first consumes all the stuff floating around, then ALL THE MUSCLES and then, if there arenīt muscles anymore (this fact should make exercising quite difficult) your body starts burning fat. And another Doc didnīt even diagnose me, he just send me to Weight Watcher- I should lose at least 66 lb before we could talk again.
I really bring out the best in Docs....
But your right, I should tell here that I donīt want to be reduced to the numbers on the scale.

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #9  
It's working this time!

Smile

Congrats on the binge free day.

Mine was a pretty good day yesterday too. Today looks to be pretty good.

But, tonight is the weekly America's Next Top Model watch party and, well, let's just say that not everyone who comes to those things is on a diet, so there's going to be some special treats around. Keep your fingers crossed for me, that I can stay strong.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/192/180

Height: 5 ft 11 in.

Hey girls I have not been on here in a long time. I have not been doing so well with my eating so I guess I decided to just not log in. So far so good this week. I did not reach my short term goal because my anniversary is this Sunday and I have not dropped one pound. Oh well, I am not going to let it get me down I will just start over and try to lose weight for my second anniversary. If I get serious I could be at my overall goal before the next one. Come on girls we can do it!!!
whirleygirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #11  
It's working this time!

Thumbs up

Well, I made it through the watch party, so yesterday was a good day!!!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/147/125

Height: 5'4"

I just found this thread so I hope you don't mind me jumping in.
I am going to try to have this day a day of healthy choices, no junk
and no big portions. Lately I can't get through even one day of good eating
but today I am going to try extra hard.
SpiritLed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #13  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I wanted to drop in to the thread and say "HELLO"

I've been a bit over confident that I had FINALLY killed off my binge beast. That's when I slipped up and lost control (stayed on plan but ate mindlessly ...way too many portions) What really bothered me was feeling "out of control". Bingey's in a coma, but still there. Cutting down on carbs has REALLY helped curbed my physical hunger which is great. But the emotional hunger is still there. So, this is something I must never lose sight of. Once a food-aholic, always a food-aholic!

On a positive note.....my "binge" was NOTHING compared to previous binges---it only lasted a couple of hours (not days or weeks) and was all "allowed" foods.

Spiritled~ If you don't feel like you can get thru a day of "good eating", maybe try to do it by the hour. Each and every hour counts! Break it down into smaller increments. GOOD LUCK!

Tisha~HI! I've enjoyed reading your posts! CONGRATS on your awesome success...weight loss AND fighting off the binges! YAY you!

whirleygirl~Maybe you didn't lose one pound but you didn't gain either?!??! That is a success! Good luck! You CAN do this!
Wishing you a happy Anniversary!!!

Kate~ Howdy my friend!!! I'm sorry to hear you're still having "doctor" problems. Congrats on increasing your exercise and planning your food intake! You are AWESOME! You've really done incredibly well, to have overcome SOOOOO many addictions AND to deal with health issues and to perservere. You are incredibly strong! WTG!!!! Don't let them crazy doctors get you down!

Ellis~ Hey! I'm so glad that you had a binge free day! YAYAYAYAYAYA What a great feeling! I know you will do this!

has anyone seen Harpo, Lealee or Sweetpea?!??!??!?! HELLO>>>>>>>
Sending all of you big I hope you are all doing FANTASTIC...you aren't here cause you don't want to brag!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/192/180

Height: 5 ft 11 in.

Thanks Telemetrynurse. Our anniversary is Sunday and I am so excited it is our first!! Yeah I am very thankful I have not gained. So far this week no binges so hopefully I am back on track. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
whirleygirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #15  
On my way...

Hi everybody!

I am struggeling a bit at the moment- not eating that much, but wrong foods....
I am not feeling too well at the moment (stomach is hurting, heart burn, no appetite and I am really **** tired).

Tomorrow is weighing day- and I guess I havenīt lost a pound

Elizabeth: HI!! Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah, still having a lot of fun with Docs...Since three weeks I am taking Metformin (was finally diagnosed with Insulin resistance) and I am happy to expierence ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS BESIDES SEVERE WEIGHT LOSS.
I guess itīs the same thing you expierenced with Atkins: the physical hunger is curbed down but the emotional hunger...

And Harpo, LeaLee, ellis, sweat pea...if you are there and lurking please ave two times.

SpiritLed1: Good luck today!!

Tisha___: Great job!!!

Hope everybody is having a good day with some amount of binge free time!!

Kate