Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

Red face Nearly half way-I need help with motivation

I'm really struggling with motivation I guess.

It just feels like I have such a long way to go and that I should be happy I can squeeze into size 14's.

Part of me is fearful that I'll lose all the weight and then put it all back on again or that I'll still be fat.

I'm really struggling to break through the negative thinking-it makes it alot harder when I get an urge to binge.

Has anyone got any strategies that helped them?
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, ms.cate... welcome!

I know that mentality all too well. "Everytime I start an exercise program, I get a cold, and then I have to quit. What's the point?" or, "I eat well all day, and then I screw it up with one binge... what's the point?"
I think you have to remember that we don't have any control over the future. None. But what you do today will affect who you are NOW. Right this minute, and that's what's important.
So do what makes you feel good now. Give your body what makes it feel good. Good healthy food and some exercise. It's not the easy thing to do, but it's the right thing to do. Hang in there ... you can do this...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

ms cate!!
I just don't really give myself a choice. This does not mean I stay OP 100% of the time....I have my share of binginess. But it never lasts more than a few hours. Then its back to keep on plugging away at it. I think motivation is overrated. The option of quitting just isn't allowed. I fully intend to maintain for the rest of my life at a bare minimum. Hopefully I'll lose some more. One of my favorite parts of exercising is that I can always bump it up a notch to at least partially compensate for an off plan meal.

I think everyone is afraid of gaining it back....check the maintainers forum...it is a never ending battle...but such is life. As for the fear that you will still feel fat after you have lost a lot of weight....I don't know if I will ever be fully satisfied with how I look...I ain't getting any younger I DO know that I am healthier than I have ever been in my life. That makes me happy!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote