Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free week, Sept 18th start

Again, to borrow Elizabeth's words:

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #2  

Hey ,i would like to join you in that challenge.i've gone 2weeks without bingeing but starting this 3rd week certain bad foods are starting to look VERY good lol.this is uaually the place where i fall off the wagon but i'm trying hard to stay on this time.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'2

Well hopefully this week will go as good as the last. I have AF though so it will be a little more difficult. The first few days I usually have no appetite and then BOOM I wanna eat everything I see. I lost 6 lbs last week.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good for you Ana! I would love to be under 200....

welcome 4Me2006...
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #5  
Detangler

Hey all,

I've been having a terrible past few weeks. My body's beginning to feel it now: i'm always uncomfortable or bloated or in pain. All it does is discourage me from exercising and make me sit around and eat more junk. so my goal this week is to get rid of that feeling...not sure how i'll do it, but i HAVE to do it.

I went clothes shopping tonight. Trying on things pretty much sucked to the ends of the earth. I've gained a LOT more than I thought.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #6  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning girls!

New week, new try....Monday was ok and binge free, but I beginn to experience a few side effects of my very long TOM this month and my new meds.

I started learnig again yesterday- legal bar exam in roundabout 7 month!!! maybe the wrong smiley, take this (need more coffee)
And I started to be pretty much organized and optimistic, which is a very huge change for me. Still wondering where that came from....

And I am on my 36th day smoke free!!

4me2006: Welcome!! We seem to have the same problem: first days and weeks of a lifestyle change/ diet/ whatever are going fantastic because everything is new and exciting and after a while the old habits are starting to kreep back....So hang in here, two weeks binge free are great!!

_knot: Sorry to hear that you are feeling bad! Maybe it would help to drink some herbal tea to get rid of that pain, bloating stuff. Fennel tea would be great.

Hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I haven't been posting here much lately. I've been hanging out at low carb boards (kinda feel like I'm cheating on this thread! ) I feel like my binge beast has gone for an extended vacation and will hopefully NEVER return! I did tell him NOT to go to Germany, cause my friend Kate is there and I don't want him to find her!!!

I've missed the wonderful people on here so I wanted to pop in and say "hello" I hope you all are doing well!!!

Sometimes, I still wanna eat when I shouldn't.....I guess that will NEVER completely go away. Those "food voices" inside my head, chanting, urging, demanding to be acknowledged are GONE. I can still be a pig, when something is very tasty I want more, but I'm no longer obsessed with food. I don't think about it constantly. What a relief! I wish I could share this feeling with everyone here. Hopefully, everyone will find their own answer, which may be very different from mine (low carb)

I still have the fear that my binge-beast will return from his travels and be even more demanding! So I take it day by day. Each and every day I am bingey-free I am grateful and feel blessed!

Big hugs to all!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #8  

well monday went ok,today has been pretty good so far.we need to put our strength together and help each other get by week by week.this journey will get easier the further along the road we get.we will become healthier and happier as we go.lets hang in there and stay on this road.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:09 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Elizabeth,
personally I wish no one ever had to come in here...that there was no such thing as EDs. I wish I wasn't in here,,,being the positive person I am,,,I am glad thou to have *met* everyone in here.
Knot,,,ok stop stealing my words! geesh... I was actually driving home thinking of what I would be posting today,,,and that pretty much was it. Im struggling,,I had two days of BF,,,the rest has been anything but.
So thinking, should we be in another thread? I don't want to go into the *warning * food will be mentioned thread. Too close to triggering for me so,,,Im lost right now. I have to see my Dr. on Thursday, Im going to cancel. I don't want to see her,,,I had said I would start loosing the 30 lbs by Christmas.
Kate, what side affects?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #10  
On my way...

Good morning!

I am awake, binge free and not feeling so well. Things are going a bit wrong with one of my projects....

Elizabeth: Hi !! I really wondered where you have been! But itīs great that your binge beast is on vacation so you can post on another board. Well, if your binge beast would come to Germany on his (or her?) vacation, it could pick up my dysfunctional beast family and the could spend the holidays together....

da fat n da furious: I am taking Metformi for (or against?) insulin resistance. So I have a bit stomach problems and have to visit the bathroom quite often...And I am still very tired and have problems with my concentration, I guess thatīs because TOM visited me for 17days this month. My iron levels are pretty low.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #11  

Hi everyone,did pretty good on tuesday except that i eat some what i thought was the right thing(chicken soup)and this morning my eyes are heavy with fluid retention uuggghh.i would not dare get on the scale.i have to get rid of this fluid before weigh in on friday.
Kate,sorry to hear your not feeling well.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #12  

well i binged 2 days in a row, there is a lot going on here and i need to refocus and get back in control. going to give it my best shot not to binge tonight!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:29 AM   #13  
On my way...

Good morning everybody!

So, I finished Wednesday binge free- and the first waken hours of Thursday werenīt bad (because I am not totally awake...).
I have very few food carvings at the moment and my nicotin carvings are starting to hunt me more seldom, so thatīs ok with me. I am just struggeling a bit when it comes to not weighing myself too often...but I hope I can stay strong until Saturday morning (weighing day!).

And I hope that I can correct the things which are going wrong with one of my projects...if not, I made a experience in the field of "How to handle organisations and why you should pamper academics". I just wished I would be able to learn in a different way- not just the "Learning by doing" hard way.

4me2006: Sometimes food which is right for other people isnīt right for you....But you will surely lose the restraint water until Friday.

justjodi: Hope you made it bige free yesterday night! Maybe you should try to find some time for yourself.

Kate
Old 09-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'2

Well I have royally sucked this week. I don't know if it is from starting a new job, having AF, or what but I have binged everyday this week. GRRRRRR! I need to start going on walks during my lunch break or something. And maybe I should have DH leave the credit cards at home when he picks me up from work so we won't go out to eat and I can just make one normal size helping of something. Hopefully next week will be better.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:45 AM   #15  
On my way...

Good morning!

Yesterday was binge free, but I have a problem with my hunger at the moment. I donīt have that much hunger and appetite, but when I am hungry my blood sugar seems to fall drastically in a few minutes time and I get shaky and uncomfortable. Donīt know why....Makes it a bit harder to make good food choices then.

TakingOff60: Sad to hear that you are having bad days Hope today will be a better day! Just stay here and keep trying!

oh, just BTW: WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Kate
Closed Thread