Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #1  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Thumbs up Binge free week, September 4th start

I hope itīs ok to start that thread.....ellis????

And the words are borrowed from Elizabeth:
This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:53 AM   #2  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning!

Yeap, i was binge free yesterday- plus I ate healthy. And not to much!

But I was soooo angry yesterday and I felt that I have no mechanism to cope with that. Just my mothers: "No reason to be angry, you just understood it wrong, be a nice girl" and the calming down with food reaction.
You know, yesterday evening should be a meeting of our tourismus comitee. I was there- alone. I waited for 30 Minutes until I reached someone at the phone who told me: Ups, the meeting was cancelled. Sorry, forgot to tell you. That already happened so often!! For me, itīs a sign of respect to call me when somethig is cancelled or delayed. After all, they donīt forget me when there is work to do. I was really angry yesterday. So I wrote a mail to all the other member, friendly explainig that they shouldnīt do that again otherwise.... Maybe I am a bit overeacting here, but as long as I am not binging itīs ok.

Hope everyone is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 09-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Kate, thank you for starting the thread.
I'm so sorry you had a rough day yesterday. But good for you for dealing with it without binging!

I'm off to a new start today. The kids are back at school this morning, and it's time for "an all new Ellis"!!

Good luck, everyone!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'2

Hi. Can I join you? I really need to be held accountable for this? I am so sick of hiding in my bedroom binging away so my husband doesn't see me. I am fairly new to this whole thing.

~Ana
Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Ana, of course you can!
Be strong, and just do the best you can.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Ellis, Kate and Ana
I have been binge free three days now. I even lost one pound.
Let's make it work this week!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I had a binge fest last nite! It was "on plan" for atkins, but still WAY too much food! My mistake was to buy some sugar free jello. It woke up my binge beast and got him in a frenzy. It's funny how even artificial sweetners seem to excite my bingey. Lesson learned, time to move on today! Nutrasweet is evil to me!

The weather here is FINALLY getting cooler.....upper 80's....YAY....I'm sooo excited to think that fall is coming soon! I just love the changing seasons!

Moonbeam~WOOHOO! 3 days binge-free! YAY you! Keep it up!

Ellis~ I've missed "seeing" you on the thread! I'm glad to see you here, PLEASE stay with us!!! You can do this! I hope you have a fabulous day and take lots of time to spoil yourself!

Kate~ I can understand your frustration/anger. You certainly have a RIGHT to feel your emotions, we are all human. You deserve to be treated with respect!!! Congrats on handling your situation SO well, by taking a constructive, reasonable step in communicating your feelings INSTEAD of swallowing those feelings with a ton of bad food! YAY you!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #8  
Searching

Kate- I think those folks are totally rude and you had every right to call them on thier bad behavior. Sometimes it makes me so angry that we question our own value when people are not valuing us as they should. You are person and should be treated with respect as everyone else.

Hi Li! Get those kids out the door and lets start some laughing and booty kicking! HERE IS TO ELLIS FULLFILLING THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON SHE IS!

Ana

GO MOONBEAM! ODAT YOU CAN!!!

OMG Elizabeth the same thing happend to me on Atkins I was fine then I slipped in some SF stuff, um binge-o-rama. I don't know if its the all or nothing mentality or the actual compulsion driven by a physical need for sweet. Very interesting to think about.

Found one of the books of the therapists whom were no help. I am sending it back because I am just theat way, with a short note saying I am okay. At the time I left therapy I wasn't, but thats okay too. The road is full of curves I just find myself having to cut my own path in between.

Been having a bit of an ******* thing the last two days, I don't feel guilty about it. Just I don't want to feel like I hafta have that food. On track today, when they didn't have a ******* that I wanted in the machine at work I let it go. Tonight cooking for the family. SO SICK OF EATING OUT!

Be gentle with yourselves and go in peace, love, laughter, and wisdom.
Big
Miss Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #9  

hi chicks!
well last week i kept my goal of more binge free days than binge days. i ended up with 5 full binge free days. although i was really positive going into the weekend i still couldn't handle it. it seems like i am so busy on the weekend doing all of the stuff i need to for hubby, kids house etc. i totally forget about me! i need to come up with a better weekend plan for myself. i'll work on that this week. so my goal for this week is the same as many binge free days as possible.

ellis- take good care of yourself girl!! we are doing this!!

chris- hope you enjoy dinner at home. stay strong at work and clear of the vending machine!!

elizabeth- sorry to hear about your beast, you have a great positive attitude though and it looks like you have a good handle on it. keep up the great work!!

moonbeam great job!!! congrats on the pound!!

welcome ana!!

kate- i totally admire you for taking the time to send the group letters, what a great way to deal with your frustration!! they really need to respect you a little more!

well if i missed anyone share this big (((((hug))))) until i pop in again!! have a good one everyone!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Kate, I don't think you are over reacting, personally I think writing them a letter should be a good way of this never happening again.
Welcome Ana,,,
Jodi, spoken like a mom/wife. Im in teh same boat,,,I seem to be spinning my wheels when it comes to healthy eating on the weekends...but like you are doing I think focusing on the positive on getting more binge free days vs binge days,,,and Im on top.
Good for you Moonbeam,,,loosing 1 lb, its like an award, yay you.

hi to everyone else!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #11  
Detangler

hi everyone!!
i'm getting on a little bit late this week, but i binged my face off after i met my one-week goal last week, so i've not exactly been frequenting these boards...

i'm worried about school starting since stress is a trigger for me. my goal this week is to stay binge-free in the hours between getting home and eating dinner--that's my big problem time.

hope everyone's doing well! sending out hopeful vibes!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175.5/162/145

Height: 5'7

Off course you can be a part of this, you need support and to feel you are
not alone, remember food is not your friend.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #13  
Detangler

hi, tryingtoo!

Meg
Old 09-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #14  

hi everyone

i can not actually remember whether what i've eaten or whether i've binged. but i do know i've been eating unhealthy foods and experiencing fatigue and grumpiness

ana

kate - i agree with what you did. you need to set the ground rules and make sure the team treat you as you deserve

jodi and moonbeam - well done on your BF days

elizabeth - i have the same thing. anything that tastes sweet triggers my bingeing. even yoghurt with artificial sweetener. i think the sweetness triggers memories rather than physical cravings. but you remember how you behaved last time you had something sweet and repeat the behaviour. no proof for that - it's just a theory
Old 09-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'2

Well I already such at this. I don't even know what triggers me anymore. Everything? I lost my job unexpectadly a little over a month ago and I am stressed about money and finding a job. There is just a lot going on. It would probably help if we didn't go to buffets for dinner. Congrats to everyone who is staying binge free!
Closed Thread