Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free week, August 21st start!

Thanks, Elizabeth :

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength
Old 08-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #2  

I'm going to do it this week - and next =)...
at least i will try my best!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm so glad you're here! Good luck, Chelsea!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/142/126

Height: 5'5"

*jumps straight in*

I really want to kick this into touch and get rid of this "all or nothing" complex I have with food. So I am joining in if that's ok.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #5  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

OK I'm here but I am doing SOOOO bad the last couple of days. This is those few days a month that no matter what I can't control myself so I am letting the guilt go and just trying to control as much of it as possible.

Today the kids went back to school and I forgot how bad I miss them when they are gone. I miss Ally laughing and Jonathan playing NASCAR with his cars..I don't miss the fighting so much but I do miss them.

I also have a really bad chest cold and can't exercise or do anything else that causes my breath to quicken or I go into coughing fits that make it unable to breathe through the coughing. Once this is over with (I live near cotton fields and the planes fly right over my house during spraying season) I can get back on the dreadmill and get my motivation back.

OK enough post today Hang in there ladies! Food is the enemy
Old 08-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #6  
Detangler

I just binged. got up this morning, the house was empty, and i binged.

even more reason for me to make the rest of this week binge-free!

let's do it, ladies!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/192/180

Height: 5 ft 11 in.

Ok I just joined here today so what better way than to try to make it a binge free week. If I do this it will be a miracle but hopefully feeling like I am part of a group will help. Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #8  
Young and Determined

S/C/G: 175/160/140

Height: 5'7

I've been okay lately, it's only tonight that I came back from the gym, that i just stuffed back in all the calories, i'm not feeling to well and that tends to be when i binge more, or when it's a bad day at work.

But I will give this week without binging a go!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

I exercised an hour and a half today. Did not binge though did not count calories. Wanted something fat, sweet, and chewy, did not find anything and remembered that I need to eat healthy. Mondays are hard. I typically work 10-12 hours on Mondays. Come strait home and camp in the kitchen. Not tonight though... Good luck everybody!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 AM   #10  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning!

Hello & Welcome to all the Newbies here!!

LeaLee: Hope your chest cold is better today! Drinking a lot of tea helps...

_knot: Great that you made it to this thread! Oh, I know the "empty house Syndrom": I am alone, I am ale to binge without being in danger that somebody could see me.....Strange, the disaster to our health and soul stay the same- if we are caught or not. I guess nobody here is trying to be binge free to please someone......Did you get my point?? I think I lost it- need more coffee.

I was binge free yesterday but my eating schedule was a bit messed up- mostly because I got up later than usual. But I will do better today!

Hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 08-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #11  

Good Morning Everyone. I am happy to say that I made it yesterday without binging. I wanted to so bad last night when my husband went to take a shower, but I kept thinking about how good it would feel to be able to come on here and say that I was able to do it, and to my surprise I did. So my first day was good and I hope today is as well. Good Luck to everyone!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #12  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

Lots of wonderful "newbies"!!!

I'm still on atkins! I'm doing great ---no sweet cravings at all! YAY! My binge-beast has become a total carnivore and will gladly eat a side of beef if I let him! He (binge-beast) is still with me, but very weak. If I eat too much, of anything, even "allowed" foods, I find myself fighting a binge. So, it is not only the sugar that triggers me, overeating can do it also. If I eat NPP (normal people portions) of low carb foods I am completely free of those evil "food voices" , those insidious urges to binge.

whirleygirl~ congrats on your binge-free day!!! Good luck on day 2---you CAN do this!!!!

Kate~WTG on still remaining binge-free!!! YAY you!
I hope the cigarette demons are leaving you alone!!! (yep, they are related to your binge-beast, scale monster, etc......one BIG evil dysfunctional family)

moonbeam~ congrats on your binge-free day AND your exercise accomplishment----especially after working SO many hours----

krissybabes~
I hope you're feeling better today! Sometimes, I find that working out makes me extra hungry.....maybe that happened to you post-gym? Good luck!

Knot~ You've got a great attitude! You're right......we CAN do this!!! Please, next time you are alone and feel the urge to binge....come here and post.....we're here for you. Or maybe call a friend, go for a walk, or read a good book.

Lealee~ I hope your chest cold is better! I know you must miss your little angels but this can be time for you to spoil yourself---you deserve it. A nice hot bubble bath always makes me feel better---especially with a chest cold---the steam helps loosen up the congestion. I know you'll be back on your dreadmill in no time----you are still an inspiration!

shoesorbags~ I'm glad you "jumped straight in"!!! This is a very supportive and nonjudgemental forum. I know what you mean about the all or nothing food mentality! Good luck!

Chelsea~
good luck! You can do this!!!

Ellis~ How are you doing? I hope you're having some "me" time to spoil yourself!

to all lurkers..........hmmmmm, "lurker" sounds kinda creepy, ok, to be politically correct, to all nonposters!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #13  

Thanks telemetrynurse for your encouragement. I am getting ready to go eat lunch soon with some co workers and your words of encouragement will help me to chose something healthy. Your right I can do this. It is time to stop being weak and take control. I hope you have a great day and good luck on the Atkins!!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Got through yesterday with no binges. Did not even feel like bingeing. GO ME! Went to the gym got a good cardio session in, some strength training and got my stretch on. On track for today ready to make it a repeat performance.

Sharon - Thats what I have come to as well. If I let it, the guilt will eat me alive. We just have to move on. I hope you get to feeling better!

knot - Lets make it a good rest of the week

whirleygirl - YOU CAN DO IT! We are here for you, we all know what it is like. Take it one meal at a time!

krissybabes - well great on going to the gym, but why waste all that hard work with a binge? Lets do it, get through the whole week binge free...see how awesome it feels.

moonbeam - NOT TONIGHT, that is right. Take it one night at a time if ya have to. Great job on the exercise.

telemetrynurse - Good to know what your triggers are, sucks sugar didnt get rid of your binge beast though.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #15  

hello everyone
well i am doing it this week! my goal this week is to just not binge, nothing else just that. as a result i hav made really good choices since sunday and i am not feeling obsessed about food, or the number on the scale, or the number of cals i eat. i am relaxed and just not going to binge. i even took a few days off of work last week and this week to slow down and just try to get back to caring about me.

hang in there chickies we can do this!!!
Closed Thread