Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
Detangler

Default Planning?

because i was for a time anorexic, i have problems with planning calories. writing out a schedule for tomorrow sends me to the point of extreme restriction--seeing the calories on the page, i think there are too many. what methods of planning work for you all?
also, any other teens here, how do you plan for "family dinners" or meals that you have to eat with your parents? i can't calculate calorie content or set aside a certain amount for that meal, which is usually unhealthy. my parents don't know about my ED.
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #2  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Mmmmh, are you reading my mind???

I am just thinking back and forth if I should change something with my food journal and food plan.
Being a bulimic (non- purging) for about 12 years making a food plan is like "Hey, letīs restrict calories!!"- I am really starting to get sucked up in that diet mentality....Even the food journal seems to be a trigger at the moment- I want to do good and doing good means lo calories, losing weight.....
Maybe I stop using the food journal for a while. Itīs so hard for me to do it "objective", without judgements....

Oh, itīs just my opinion, but you really should talk with your parents about your ED. Itīs not easy, but itīs an enormous step on the way to recovery!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #3  

yeh i need help with this too im a compulsive binger lol...and im 17 so i know what its like to have to eat those 'fatty' meals with the family
spike_lover_002002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #4  

I have had that problem too, but usually what I would do is just have my dad cook something different for me. Like if he is cooking chicken, I would have him grill skinless chicken for me. Then I just load up on the veggies =). Hope that helps!
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:41 PM   #5  
Detangler

Kate, i share your opinion about my parents--only i'm super ashamed and have NO idea what i would say.

spike lover + chelsea, thanks for your support! you know how there's a 20-something, 30-something, and other support groups? i definitely think we have been overlooked. there are lots of teens here!
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote