Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #31  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I've had 2 binge-free days after my binge-beast escaped on Tuesday. It feels great to get back on the wagon after falling off and getting rolled over!

Kate~ I love your sense of humor! Yep, my binge-beast is furry as well. But he stays around during the summer, sigh. He just goes and gets a buzz cut to make himself more comfortable.
Hey, if it would work, I'd gladly send the beast on vacation---with a ONE-WAY ticket to Beirut!
Good job on being binge-free! You're doing SO great!!!

Sweetpea~Thanks for sharing the less glamorous aspects of dog ownership! It helps dull my pain (from being dogless). I can remember the days of dealing with my hound after she danced with a skunk!
Afternoons and evenings are the hardest times for me also. Once I start muching I can't stop. For the past few nites, I've just refused to eat after supper. It's worked pretty well for the past few nites.
Once the crazy cravings pass I'm ok. Good luck on finding what works for you!
I am also a HUGE David E Kelly fan! I didn't know he did Boston Legal. I watch Chicago Hope and The Practice---love 'em both!

Harpo~Hiya Ms. Moderator! I hope you're doing well and not having to too much!

Lealee~Ok, you are seriously motivating me to hop on the dreadmill! Thanks! One more week and I've got my doc's ok to exercise!
I agree with Harpo and Sweetpea---if you're body is saying I'm HUNGRY feed it! Sounds like you have physical, not emotional hunger.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #32  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

OK thanks I figured that was what it was so I have started having a small snack before my workout and then another after (only 100 calories total) and I am also starting to eat a HUGE breakfast (close to 400 calories thats big for me). Yesterday I didn't get that ravenous hungry feeling an hour after working out..and I was on the darn thing for an hour; hehe the end of Harry Potter #2 had me Hooked and couldn't get off till i finished the movie. I LOVVED it and will start #3 during todays workout.

Everyone is doing great on staying binge free

Elizabeth I am happy to know I am motivating you to get on the dreadmill I may be crazy but I really do love the feeling I get once my muscles start warming up.

OK off to eat breakfast, at close to 11am, My kids are angels and let mommy sleep till 10:30 before the darn dog starting yapping to get out of her crate to pee. OH well have a great day ladies!

OH and is there any other CICs that are fans of the Fox show House?? WE LOVE IT in our house!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #33  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

Another binge-free day for me!

I'm gonna start slowly on my dreadmill today----thanks, again, Ms. Sharon for the inspiration!!! I can't vigorously exercise, yet, but I'm ok to start of walking.

I hope everyone's winning the with their binge-beasts!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #34  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaLee
OK thanks OH and is there any other CICs that are fans of the Fox show House?? WE LOVE IT in our house!
Me too! I enjoy seeing the "human" side of Dr. House, plus his sarcasm.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #35  
New Beginning, New ME!

hehe yea I want Dr House to be my Dr I tell hubby "Can Dr. House be MY doctor? I promise you can have Dr Cameron" haha we get a laugh off it.

We own the entire first season of House and are waiting patiently for the August 22 release of Season 2 on DVD..

Had a..well not realy a binge..but I ate something I KNOW I shouldn't have. But I am fine with it. It was really Carb High and I think after mopping floors for 3 hours and then 2 miles on the treadmill I may have been needing those carbs. Not beating myself up over it and I am fine This is the first time too so I honestly think I am starting to get real control.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've watched House a couple of times ~ I noticed it was very well written, but I'm bad with consistency ~ the last show I watched faithfully was Seinfeld. I think Hugh Laurie is really cute though.

I decided I hate the treadmill and have reverted back to walking outside. And I've been doing it almost every day!!! I have to force myself on that stupid treadmill.

Happy BF Sunday girls!!!!

Hmmmm . . . I miss ellis It isn't the same around here without her.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:24 AM   #37  

Yes Yes Yes I love Dr House too. I really like that all flawed genius thing he has going on. There IS something sexy about it. It's amazing because he's so different in that to when he played George in The Blackadder (another amazing comedy, esp the one set in Queen Elizabeth's era) and of course as I've said before I like the zaniness of Boston Legal. Nearly all of David E Kelly's dramas are hilarious

I am going to do 10 days healthy eating - at least that's the plan - in the build up to my court case. Today is been pretty good so far but i am HUNGRY and not sure what to do/eat etc. I just had an apple and it's not filling the gap. I don't want to have too much water as it makes me run to the toilet. NOT FUN!!!

catch you all soon
Old 07-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #38  

It’s a miracle – hallelujah!!!

I finally managed a binge free day. Can you believe it? An entire binge free day. it wasn’t entirely healthy I had some hash browns with my dinner – I love those things – but most of it was healthy and without bingeing. I’m actually starting to believe I might be able to get this eating under control, even if only for a few days. It’s a great start. I have to do this. I have a cold and I have a lot of stressful events coming up so I need to get on top of things

well that's the end of the week for me. 1 hour to go until monday

see you on the new thread
Old 07-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #39  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Dr. House! I love it! There are airing the first season here in Germany at the moment.

Ok, I am still binge free, and I still think the weather is too hot here.
I have never been at a normal weight, not to mention skinny, so I am wondering if not overweight people are suffering from that heat as well....My blood pressure is low, I am dizzy and I am sweating like ****! And I couldnīt stay in the sun for long- although I have dark hair and dark brown eyes, I get a sunburn in seconds of time. And freckles...

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate
Old 07-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #40  
New Beginning, New ME!

OK still doing good here and WTG Kate and WTG SweetPea!! we are kickin butt. Good job Harpo on the walking, if it wasn't for movies I would hate the treadmill too. Not to mention I have 2 kids tagging along everywhere with me and they cant keep up with me.

I miss Ellis too

Kate I have the Entire 1st season on DVD and it is soooo good! I love it LOL I call him an accidental genius because his way of thinking is "well I will try this and hope it don't kill them. If they get better then we know thats whats wrong" and If you guys ever saw Stuart Little..Hugh Laurie is the DAD!!!! hahahaha i thought it was so funny. Jonathan was watching it one day and said "hey mom that guy sounds like Dr House" and it WAS dr house hahaahaha. Kind of ruins the sexy rugged mean Dr House image though.

OK Since July 15th I have walked 23 miles WOO HOO i am happy bout that.

I got on the scale today the first time since I was at 142 last month and I am at 132!!!!! that is only 2 pounds away from prePreg with Ally (who is 5 now) and only 7 pounds away from my PrePreg of Jonathan (he's 6). I feel so empowered!

You guys put a prayer up for us tonight please. We are looking into buying our dream house tomorrow. YES dream house!!! Bay window, Screened in back porch, Brick Patio, Den & Living Room with built in book shelves and fireplaces, 3 bedrooms 2 baths! We are SO excited but scared we won't get the loan for the house ( its 125,000) or won't be able to sell ours so we are Praying with everything we have that we can get this house that we have looked at and dreamed about for YEARS and it finally went up for sale...RIGHT after a 4 dollar raise at hubbys work..IS it fate or what!!! So just keep good thoughts coming our way and I will keep you posted! We will know tomorrow if we can get the loan (or should at least) and then its up to whether or not our house will sell.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #41  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

I have been totally out of control. I'm trying my hardest to be binge free today

Way to go binge free ladies

Elizabeth being binge free for over a month, way to go. Way to go on getting back on track.

Kate I swell up in the heat, mostly my wrists and ankes. I think the extra weight has something to do with it. When I was heavier I would puff up even more than I do now.

Sharon keeping my fingers crossed that you get the house. Watching movies is what I do when I ride my exercise bike. I love walking out doors and my MP3 player keeps me company. The music gets me moving faster. With the heat out side I'm restorting to other forms of exercise, like my aerobic tapes and I need to drag out the weights.

Wishing you all a binge free day.

I will be checking in a few times as the food is calling my name. I'm not going to answer it.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:36 AM   #42  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

Finally a Binge Free Day
Old 07-24-2006, 03:07 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

YAY!!!! Christine ~ I actually get to join you in saying that
Old 07-24-2006, 04:13 AM   #44  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Christine: congratulations!!

LeaLee: Good luck with buying your dream house!! Iīll keep my fingers crossed- or whatever might help!

And congratulations to all you binge free Ladies outthere!!

Oh, I miss ellis- she is on vacation, or??
But Harpo is an excellent moderator as well!

Ok, I am still binge free. And I try really hard to motivate myself to stay binge free - you know, on the one hand i am relly determined (or whatever word is right) to lose weight, do my exercises, beat that **** ED and live a normal life.
But on the other hand I am a bit superficial: I did so good in the last weeks. But in the last two days, it feels like I have gained weight. Actually it is because there will be TOM in a few days, but I am still like "Oh, what have I done wrong! Nothing works! I am never going to lose weight!"

But on the bright side : I just had ONE binge since 1th May!
Ok, havenīt lost tons of weight until now, but I gained a more healthy relationsship with food and a big improvement in my fitness!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate
Closed Thread