Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #91  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
I guess the title is a bit intimidating now that I think about it. I hope it doesn't scare anyone away. Was anyone else reluctant to check this thread out because of its title? I've never have been a fan of the word "purge" (but I do like it better than other phrases), so I don't even know why I used it. It is the technical term though. I named it "Cyber Purgers" because we are "purging" our binges on here (confessing them). We're getting them out of our systems in a healthy, non-destructive way. That's what I meant by the name of the thread.

~~~~~~

Ughggh ~ 2 days binge free (but 3 days in a row exercising!!!) and I messed up today. I ate a WHOLE bag of chocolate chips!!!! The WHOLE bag. It was 1600 calories and 94 grams of fat!!!! But the other stuff I ate with it was healthy. like that's any consolation. But I went over my 1000 calorie limit binge rule, which had been working very well for me.
I always wondered. And I lurked. So Its not that bad of a name, its just a little out there.

~~~~~~

Chocolate chips? Oh my. That sounds very similar to myne from yesterday. Im really sorry about that. a 1000 calorie binge limit is a good idea though! Just forget about. Thats what works for me.

Today I had a minor binge. Not as big as last time! For a snack I was gonna have a something small, and normally I have fruit. I had like... a whole tub of COOL WHIP. I dont want to know how many cals that was. I dont think its higher than 1000, but Part of me doesnt even want to know. But Im glad It was COOL WHIP LITE. (I dont know why I capatilze that, I just do.) Normally I feel really upset about binges, but this one didnt bother me as much. I hope thats not a bad thing.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #92  

well I did it I ate breakfast today.. I had some oatmeal.. but thirty min. later I had some pretzels though.. but hey I did eat breakfast though right.. I say baby steps....
Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #93  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Kristi,,,yes thats right Sweetie,,,baby steps. I think once your body is used to being fed first thing it will be second nature to eat breakfast. Good on ya.

I was good till I got home...ate some toast and a slice of cake (left over from yesterday) I wasn't hungry... I ate my snack on the way home from work...LONG drive now with my new job. Ate healthy dinner...and will drink my water...
Old 07-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

On Thursday I went to teh ED clinic and I was weighed in. When I realized I was 194.9 lbs I could not beleive my eyes, that is my highest weight EVER. And I am a small girl so thats a lot on me. (Im only 5'3) Anyway I was kind o bummed and my sister isn't supportive she was telling me how discustinge it is that I am the way that I am. I cried for hours until I finally fell asleepp

Stephanie! WE all binge its like Harpo said tomorrow is a new day, thats easier said that done but give it your best

On a lighter note I am starting my first day of work! I hope I do well I am training on the counter

Anyway last night I drank green tea which made me really energized in a bad way. And I had 2 small foccacia breads, sunchips which I love, and an ice pop

I hope I do better today
Old 07-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I'm sorry Kristen, siblings can be harsh and I'm sure everyone's were. My sister and I were so mean to each other about our weights when we were younger, but after we matured, it never happened.

Don't worry about the number, it will be down before you know it

Good luck on your first day!!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:54 AM   #96  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Kirsten, siblings can be so awful! (BTW: would you like to have my older brother?? For free! I would include a manual and a red bow)

My brother always teased me about my weight and my non- existing abilities in sports.
He seem to be able to eat everything without gaining weight. yeah, seem to be....In the past years, he is constantly gaining weight! He even did Weight watchers with his last girlfriend.
He loses a bit, then it comes back. Ok, he is not only gaining things. He is also losing. Losing hair.
Yes, mother nature can be a shrew- so can I....

Kate
Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #97  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

Harpo the only reason I didn't want to check this section out was because I thought it would make me binge. I binged anyways I now have a different attitude . I'm in the mindset that if I state what I have eaten it will purge my mind of it. Does that make sense? I can get rid of it on here and start fresh.

The last 4 days have been a continous binge of chocolate bars, chips, pop, ice cream with not one healthy thing. Am I done, I hope so. I want to start fresh this Monday Morning and really strive to make it a binge free week.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #98  

Im off to my 2nd day of work, so far so good, the only thing Ive eaten there was a colatta, not teh best choice but I can decide how much and what kind of (skim or whole) I put in my drink. So, it works. I am doing well with everything and I learned how to use every machine and make every drink excpt use the hot chocolate machine or the tea pot thing we have. But my colattas, iced coffees and smothies yummm!!

I went to a grad. party yesterday and it was ok, the food was terrible though (not in taste in calories) fried chix! yuck
Old 07-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #99  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Thanks Kristen! Im glad to be here

I only have a half - brother, and hes half my age. Suprisingly, hes really nice. But I have a 8 year old cousion. He's really to mean for his age. He'll walk up to me when Im forced to visit, and say "Wow. Youve gotten fatter." I swear, sometimes I just want to smack him. OR sometimes he'll say this, which is REALLY wrong for his age. "Youre boobs are really big." And it makes me think, what the heck do his parents let him watch?

~~~

2 days binge free and counting. Im so happy. I weighed in the other day at 258, and that means... dun dun dun..... 25LBS DOWN! YAY! I was so happy. Lets see, its been 8 weeks just about. So, if 8 weeks = 25lbs down, then maybe if I really worked hard, I could be at my goal in 24 more weeks. Well, its nice to dream.

~~~

Strangest occurance. --- My grandparents, well mainly my step-grandmother are total health nuts. Well, I lost 25 pounds, and I feel like its noticable, or atleast Ive been told But, they havent said anything about it to me. And they tell me that I should eat healthier -sp?- And I was thinking about our recent outing. They took me out to eat at applebees, and I ate off the weightwatchers menu, Tilapia is so good there! Then, they offered dessert, and I said, Berry Lemon cheesecake of the weightwatchers,and I was only gonna eat half I said. So she kept pushing me to eat it,the whole thing, but I was full. I thought she was gonna shove it down my throat. BUT, when I dont eat healthily, she tells me how its so bad for me and I need to stop. And blah blah blah.

So NOW she wants to take me out AGAIN. But to Sonnys. My grandpa really wanted me to come, and Hes so much different then Ann. So I said yes, because I didnt want to hurt his feelings. Personally, I didnt really care for Ann's.

Sonnys. Do they have a lite menu? What should I order?? Yikes!
Im investagating there menu. Wish me luck. Maybe you guys know something I could get?

~~~

Sorry If maybe that wasnt the ideal thing to post, but I didnt have a binge, and I like saying stuff, and asking for help. Because, I really dont know where else I can get it!

~~~

Okay, Last post, I promise. Today Im getting measured At curves today!
*crosses fingers*

<3

Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #100  

I was at a grad party and I saw my garndma
the first thing she sadi was you look thinner, not hi! im so glad your here but a weight comment- at least it was a positive one. Then she tells my sister, you lok thinner, thinner is beatiful. Does that mean Im a blimp or something and that I am just so ugly? She was always anorexic and never got help for it. Even at like 95 yrs old she is still weight concious. She thinks its funy how teh doctors are so concerned about her losing weight, and I think- of course they are you're skin and bones! W.e. I always let her comments bug me but I am not going to anymore.

Work is going good, hopefully it will get better and better.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #101  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hello? It's kinda quiet in here lately! I hope that means that everyone EXCEPT for me has been winning the fight with their own binge-beast!

Well, I was doing really well until I decided to get dh his favorite snack---almonds. Truthfully, I could live without any nuts (literally AND figuratively) for the rest of my life. I thought my binge-beast wouldn't snarl, hiss or demand his share of the nuts. HA!

Ok, since I have such marvelous, wonderful control of my nuts, I decided to incorporate these "healthy" fats into my diet. HA! Yeah, right. Just eat like a NORMAL person! hahaha!

I think the almonds stopped being "healthy" when I consumed over 1000 calories worth! OMG! I started with a carefully counted portion of 15 almonds. Munch, munch, munch. Then I counted out 15 more...... I guess I just went NUTS. I think I had something like an alcoholic blackout. A binge blackout. 'Cause I really don't remember eating over half of a BIG package of almonds. But the evidence, the half empty bag, was there. And there was NO one else to blame, dh wasn't even home. It was just me and my binge-beast!

Does anyone else have these binge blackouts? What a gross feeling to binge on something you don't even really like. If I'm gonna have over 1000 calories, I can think of lots of other yummy foods, sigh......

I am officially NUT free! No nuts for me, no nuts for my binge beast! And NO large bags of ANYTHING that puts me into a binge blackout!

Time for me to head over to the binge-free zone! I hope to see everyone there!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #102  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I've had them before.....one of my biggest binge foods is/was ice cream sandwiches. I would buy a box of 12 and eat them in one sitting, either in front of the television or in front of the computer. (This was when I was married to my ex-husband and he worked evenings as a nurse.)

Most of the time I would not remember finishing the box. but I would end up so very sick.....
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #103  

I have blackout binges
They are the ones that make u feel teh crappiest afterwards
I even had a day of blackout binges
Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 145/138/120

Height: 5'5

Oops. I went out last night. I was trying to figure out what to eat before going out, since I wanted to leave calories available for all the DRINKS I would be consuming, and I spotted the lite cool whip in the freezer. And I ate half the tub. Good grief.

Then I went to the club and downed 4 caribou lous (malibu rum, 151, and pineapple).

FAT+++ today
Old 07-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #105  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

On Monday the 17th I was trying again to be binge free. 6 days have passed and they haven't been good Yes Elizabeth, after my binges I have a hard time remembering just what I ate. When I see the damage I have done it is hard to believe that I actually ate that much. Good for you on getting back on track.
Closed Thread