Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

the 4th of July and the weekend before...ruined my weight loss!!!
uggghhhh I am so p.oed about it
anyway hope all of you did better than I did
Old 07-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #32  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

Same here! Only it was a Canada Day feast that was my undoing...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #33  

i walked 2.5 miles again today!! yeayy i am very proud
Old 07-06-2006, 02:32 AM   #34  
Hot girl under some fat

S/C/G: Over 250/?/199

Height: 5-5

ok i thought i was doing good i even had a hamburger without a bun for pete's sake...and when my bf was on the phone before we went downtown i ate 5 granola bars i was chewing so fast my jaw hurt and finished off with a fudge round. And even though i ate more that night than i wanted to i did not just say "screw it" and eat 2 hotdog at the game like i wanted. so i guess i wasnt a total loser, but 600 calories in about 10 minutes..just made me sad.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #35  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

Blondie: You poor thing! It happens to the best of us! You'll do better from now on

I was BAAAAD on Tuesday! 2 giant pieces of cake on top of hamburger and all the chips I ate!!! But I'm back on track and I only gained like 0.6 pounds so that wasn't too horrific. Had steak yesterday but cut all the fat off and grilled it so that wasn't too bad for me. Yummy protien!

I'm determined to loose this last 4 pounds in my mini goal so I can get my shoes! I wannnnt them!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #36  

I am working on this 6 week body makeover system thing it works i am sure, because when they say u can eat more and exercise less u get to eat more vegetables and other crap in moderation, its not stuff u want to eat more of you just eat much smaller portions more often so i don't know how i amgoing to do that
for breakfast i had like 5 sheets of grahm crackers
and a small coffee colata
yesterday i was working ou i walked 2.5 miles but then i went to do a taebo workou nad almost threw my back out it was so sore i could not sleep

blondie-- sry about ur mishap we all have em though it really does happen to the best of us

scottergirl-- lets go lets go!! You can lose those few pounds and before you know it you'll have those killer shoes!!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #37  

i will admit i am too a binge eater and I am working on it and I am doing well so far...i will admit there are times when i think about it but then i look at my goal of what have accomplished so far and what i have to obtain...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #38  

Thumbs down

I went to oneo f my 3 psycholgical type docs today anbd told them I was going to the ED doctors soon at the Renfrew Center, and they told me that was a good idea. Anyway, Not so much bingeing but just grzing throughout the day, no walks to report of for today except for a 10 min. walk around the block with the dog , one of my therapists told me walking the dog would help me because tehy are constantly stopping to go to teh bathroom or sniff something so because I get so tired I can stop while walking and I won't feel like "Wow I can't even walk 50 ft whout being tired or w.e., because the dog wanted to stop not me" so it takes the pressure off of being able to walk or jog non stop.

I tried the trick of eating dinner on a smaller plate and I have to say IT REALLY DID WORK! It's amazing how when you don't think about the size of the plate that you think you are getting more because on a smaller plate a serving of pasta fills the whole plate!

I have been considering using laxatives or uping my intake of fiber A LOT to help me lose weight like from 25mg to like 65 a day, but I don't think I will. but no vomitting becaude i just couldn't do it

I am trying to dig deep into my issues and hopefully I will get somewhere, I feel like I am on a rollercoaster always moving up and down out of problems and right back into new ones.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:57 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth
I went to oneo f my 3 psycholgical type docs today anbd told them I was going to the ED doctors soon at the Renfrew Center, and they told me that was a good idea. Anyway, Not so much bingeing but just grzing throughout the day, no walks to report of for today except for a 10 min. walk around the block with the dog , one of my therapists told me walking the dog would help me because tehy are constantly stopping to go to teh bathroom or sniff something so because I get so tired I can stop while walking and I won't feel like "Wow I can't even walk 50 ft whout being tired or w.e., because the dog wanted to stop not me" so it takes the pressure off of being able to walk or jog non stop.

I tried the trick of eating dinner on a smaller plate and I have to say IT REALLY DID WORK! It's amazing how when you don't think about the size of the plate that you think you are getting more because on a smaller plate a serving of pasta fills the whole plate!

I have been considering using laxatives or uping my intake of fiber A LOT to help me lose weight like from 25mg to like 65 a day, but I don't think I will. but no vomitting becaude i just couldn't do it

I am trying to dig deep into my issues and hopefully I will get somewhere, I feel like I am on a rollercoaster always moving up and down out of problems and right back into new ones.
Don't use laxatives, that could cause you to become dependant on them. And most people who use laxatives regularly end up with colon damage. You should just use them every now and then only when you get really constipated. But to make yourself more "regular" just up your fiber. There's a new product called fibersure and its tasteless and oderless and now ANY food can be made magically high-fiber. And without adding practically any calories.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:14 AM   #40  

I binge too.. Gosh I don't think I have ever really come out and said that to anyone except my mom and that was because my husband caught me throwing up and told me that if I didn't tell her then he would.. It kinda felt good to tell someone too..

I have always loooooved to eat but I will sometimes go to Mcdonalds and order 6 cheese burgers but the sneaky part of me will tell the lady while I am placing my order to put mayo on 3 and leave ketchup off 1 just to make it look like I am ordering for someone else.. I acutally haven't done that in a while now.. but I will admit that I have done it several times before.. I am acutally doing ok lately. for the past 2 months I have been taking Tae Kwon Do and I am now a feirce Yellow Belt.. LOL... No I am acutally very very proud of my accomplishment.. I didn't even think I could do it at all at first and I cried because I felt like people would stare at me and think to themselves "what the crap is that fat girl doing here" but they don't they are very helpful.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:45 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Kristen NEVER NEVER NEVER start using laxatives. You'll end up taking 80 a day before you have irreparable bowel damage. And then you'll end up with a colostomy bag FOR LIFE. Some laxative abusers NEVER regain normal bowel function. And excessive laxative consumption can cause a potassium deficiency or electrolyte imbalance that leads to cardiac arrest. They can KILL you.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #42  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

Kristen: No laxatives! I used them for almost 6 months once and it took me a good year to get back to normal. Plus they don't really work for weight loss!

DairyQueen: Have you tried that benefiber stuff? It looks like a really good idea but i didn't trust it to really not change the food.

Kristie: Yay for you! Martial Arts are so good for you. My hubby is big into martial arts. He always wants to to teach me but we've got no good place to do it.

Harpo: Isn't potassium imbalance from bulimia what put Terry Schiavo into the persistant vegetative state?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #43  

Ok i won't use them. I swear, thats one thing I can promise the binges not so much though

i am trying to get better with this
I didn't realize u could be addicted to the laxatives
and I didn't know they don't really help u lose weight
i swear i won't
esp. after what Harpo said

thanks guys...where would i be without u??
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #44  
Bikini Season :)

3 tacos, a double cheese burger, 10 peice chicken mcnugget, a giant dr pepper and a bowl of ice cream.

i feel so gross.
i wake up and have the best intentions every morning....

Old 07-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterGirl

Harpo: Isn't potassium imbalance from bulimia what put Terry Schiavo into the persistant vegetative state?
That's what they said. But it was hard to prove ~ but there's no argument that potassium imbalances and other complications from bulimia CAN cause a seizure leading into a coma/vegetative state/brain injury/death.

Kristen I'm happy to hear that. They are so dangerous, and I'm happy I educated myself before I got into a laxative habit. It I hadn't, I probably would have become an abuser.

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 07-07-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread