Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free week: June 26th start

Good morning, everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm here... just not, you know?
I'm hoping to catch up with everyone this week, and GET BACK ON TRACK!!

Oh, and for newbies... please feel welcome to join us!
On this thread, we make a real effort to remain binge-free. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do.

And please refrain from using food words that might trigger of some of we overly sensitive eating disorder gals. Sometimes just the mere mention of something will set us off.

I hope we all have a good week.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Not another new week again?!!! A swear word borrowed from ellis: CURSES!! OKAY, but I'm seriously going to get my bottom in gear and get this last 27 pounds OFF of my body. I've been around the same weight for almost 2 entire months because I haven't MOVED my body. I lost my resolve and focus. It was so strong a year ago. I used it all up I guess. I need to become determinted again.

I managed 3 good days last week (eating wise). And 7 bad days (exercise wise). I was bingeing every other day, which is an improvement over EVERY DAY. I did go grocery shopping last night and bought HEALTHY food (and some bad food too, but I already ate that).

Let's all have awesome weeks this week. I think we all have it in us. We've just got to DO IT.

Lots of luck and strength girls.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
...because I haven't MOVED my body.
Yeah, I noticed that, but I didn't want to say too much because I've been sitting on my own chubby bum.

Harpo... PLEASE! Can you and I have a good week? I mean, it's one week out of our lives. One little week.
Like you, I am sick of this lackadaisical attitude. (did we say that last week?)
Anyhow, I've run two days this past week, and I've got another date with my treadmill today.
We have a very short-term memory where feeling good about eating/exercising choices is concerned. Okay, I'm blathering... just taking a sip of my first coffee...

Let's do good.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! I'm going to join you here, if that's okay.

I'm reviewing my plan and reinforcing some of my basic rules, like:

--drinking ALL my water
--tracking everything that goes in my mouth
--keeping my gym commitment (will have to miss today because my partner's car is in the shop, and he took mine)

--NO convenience stores (I tend to get my binge items here)
--NO cash for vending machine at work
--NO fast food drive thrus
--If I DO binge, I am going to be 100% honest about it and get support.

I'm going to take this day by day (heck, hour by hour).

Thanks for having this safe place to post.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

Heya Ladies!

Okay I'm in! I had a somewhat bad weekend. Not like out of control but still not at all great and I didn't get off my bum once and excercise like I planned. But this week is gonna be better and I'm going to try to be good on the weekends. My metabolism is not doing its best so maybe the eatting a bit more this weekend will have given it a jump start. One must look for the positives.

OMG THERE IS A SMILEY FACE SCOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is now complete!!!! I was looking for the cheerleader but this is my new favorite
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #6  

hi all

moving in 6 hrs time. burning the midnight oil. diet has gone to **** in a handbasket. far too much junk food.

catch you all after the move. massively stressed. bye for now
Old 06-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #7  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

Monday,new week, new binge free thread, same old rambling from me....
I havenīt overeaten yesterday, today is good until now.

sweat_pea: Good luck with your moving! Hope itīs done in no time.

HarpoChico: Well, I was searching for the word, which wasnīt easy because the thing it names seem not to exist in my life at the moment, then you named it: determinted
My eating is average (not so really good, but no real binges) but there is a lack of exercising....And a lack of weight loss, but I have a theory that there could be a weird connection....

I just did some calender- calculating and figured out that I have only 10 days to go to my first, big, all-or- nothing exam. Juchu.
Ok, I could do all the work again and get the certificate next semester- but that ******* written essay was so much work! And I got on everybodys nerves while writing it- so much people (ok, two people) helped me with checking the mistakes, printing it out etc....I would feel like a complete failure if I would fail in that exam.
But I am in PANIC!! Have the feeling that I wouldnīt never make that. Total blackout at the moment, sitting here, smoking too much, drinking too much coffee and hearing that "You wonīt make it! You are going to fail once again!! Looser, looser!"- voice in my head chanting. Arghhhh......

Ok, just figured out that may rambling isnīt so fitting to the binge free thread.....
So I just wanted to say that my goal for today is remembering that binging doesnīt solve my problem, I just have one more problem after that.

Have a nice time,

Kate
Old 06-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  

Yes, I did notice my typo up there and was going to edit it (like I always do, but I am a writer, it's a very good habit to have) but then I thought, someone may see something in that ~ and I was right!!! I was trying to find some meaning for it too and I think I may have figured one out. I should maybe say "DETERMENTED." I'm determented right now and I need to be determinted. hee hee. Or maybe detormented. HAHAHAHA. I'm such a dork.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:49 AM   #9  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

We have so many writers in here! What does everyone write? Is this too off topic? If it is tell me and I'll just edit it out!

SweetPea: Good luck on your move!!!! I know that is no fun!

Kate: I hope your tests go well! Don't let the stress get ya! I'm so glad we don't have those all or nothing exams here. I would have hated that!!!! Finals are bad enough
Old 06-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #10  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

Count me in too! I've been a bit remiss in posting last week but I've been doing well! I had TWO days in a row where I felt somewhat "in control"! It's the most amazing feeling! WOOHOO! I'm wishing those kinda days for EVERYONE!!!

This will be my last week posting before my surgery (I'll be in the hospital for about a week) so I plan to make it a really good week! It may be difficult because I'm nervous about the whole thing cause I'm used to being the nurse, not the patient! And nurses DO make the WORST patients! hahahaha! I really DO try to be good but when I have someone stick me SEVEN times to get an IV or to draw my blood I just wanna grab the stuff and do it myself ! Oh, and I do give them fits asking for fat free, sugar free, low sodium IV's! Don't even think of giving me dextrose into my veins! If I'm gonna consume dextrose I want to TASTE it and ENJOY it! Ok, enuff babbling.

Harpo~ I'm so glad to see you here!! I KNOW you can do this! You've done so amazingly well, losing SOOOOO much weight! You are my HERO Really, you are an inspiration! You know, you've done incredible just to maintain your weight loss! What a victory!
I love your word play! Ok, DETERMENTED---that is a determination to prevent or deter demented behavior! Demented behavior = letting the binge-beast out of his cage. You ain't the only "dork" on this board!

Kate~You are NEVER a failure! I'm proud of you for making it so far! Do you think just anybody can make it thru law school? It is difficult just to get INTO law school, much less make it thru! You are SMART and you WILL make it! Ok, I'm sending you some very good vibes~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~and a
I believe in YOU! Ok, in 10 days I'll still be in the hospital, but PLEASE post your success! I'll be checking in as soon as I can!

Sweetpea~ I HATE moving! I hope it goes smoothly for you! I'd offer to help, but I'm a few continents away! Please take care of yourself and gets lots of good looking men, preferably without shirts, to move the heavy stuff!

Scootergirl~Do you actually own a scooter? I'd love to get one, looks like fun! Weekends are hard for most people! I can relate to that! Good luck on staying on track!

Jen~WTG on making an excellent plan! Someone, I think it was SusanB, has a good quote: "fail to plan........... plan to fail". I think those few words are so true. Good luck!

Ellis~
I've missed you!!!! So glad to see you!!!!
WTG on the running!!!! Are you still doing the running club? I'd love to start running but I'll have to wait at least 6 weeks after surgery. By then, you'll be doing marathons! So, I'm cheering for you! Go, Ellis, GO!

to everyone
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #11  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

SHHH don't tell anyone but for 3 days I have been totally on track! Even with hubby bringing my favorite snacks home I controlled myself. I have stayed below 1500 calories averaging 1350 for these three days AND working out! I already feel healthier. Its strange, I had a BAD 2 day binge...2 days non stop binging (I journaled it and ate about 6000 calories each day )..then my GallBladder hurt SOOO SOOO bad and I realized it does this everytime I eat that much....that night it was like a switch...Im going to kill myself if I don't get control...I have had control since and plan to KEEP that control!

I am working out 50 minutes a day and Cals are controlled. Water isn't what i want it to be but I feel healthy and I haven't stepped on a scale in almost 2 weeks, and won't until July 1.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/248.5/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I hope it's okay for a newbie to join in. This seems like a place I could really benefit from. I am fed up with hurting myself and the relentless guilt that follows, so here I am making an effort to turn the tables around.

Can't wait to get to know you all better!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #13  

Elizabeth Thanks! You're so encouraging If 3FC had awards, I'd nominate you for "Best Encourager." Anyways, I didn't know you were having surgery! Have you mentioned it before? I won't be nosy and ask you what kind or anything, but I hope it's not because you are ill Well, we will all be thinking of you next week.

Leslie Not too off-topic. We can chat about anything. Yeah, we do have quite a few writers on here (there was even a thread about it awhile back). I know Ellis and Sharon write (I'll let them tell you what they write), and I write too. I'm writing a novel right now (fiction). I know my next book will probably be about my struggles with EDs and my weight loss journey. I also have ideas for screen and stage plays. I actually wrote a lot of poetry when I was younger, but I don't anymore. I actually use my poetry in my prose now. They always prove to be interesting transitions. Do you write?

Lindsay to our thread!!! (I missed your post, forgive me). HEY you are from MO!!! Sharon is too and I'm your neighbor!! YAY Midwesterners!! You are VERY MUCH welcomed to make a home here and please do!!! We look forward to getting to know you too!!! Please post a profile in the profile thread, we love reading them!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #14  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Leslie: I write Romances that tend to have a mystery with them. With summer here I don't have a quiet house as much to write like I want to but when the kids get back in school I will begin again.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #15  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

HarpoChico: Oh my....today seems to be LEARNING DAY for me- I think I added a few new words to my English knowledge....Well, well, may it all lead to the deterministic school of thought.

LeaLee:Welcome on board! (I don´t use one of those loud smileys here....)Congratulations on the good days!
It´s a good thing that you excluded your ticker from your signature! And good text! I thought of "living without a weight tracker" as well- but after all, I have to loose some weight and it looks nice. But I am not weighing myself until the end of next month.

Elizabeth: Thanks for your encouragement!! Uh, surgery- I am thinking of you next week!

BackPorchPoet: Welcome!

ScooterGirl: Ok, maybe I wasn´t asked...I am mostly writing computer stuff at the moment- I work for a computer website spezialised on Apple Computer, iPods etc. I write software test, book and audio book reviews and a lot of stuff about the history of PC.

Last edited by Kate109; 06-26-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Closed Thread