Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-18-2006, 12:57 PM   #16  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

I guess what scared me to death most was one of the sites had a section titled "how to hide your anexoria from your family and friends"

I sat and read that and the sick part of my brain thought"wow i wish that I had this site when i "needed" it" it pretty much horrified me that I still thought that thought and I closed the site.....No one knew till a year ago that I had battled it and I started at 8 and am 29 now. I hid mine by appearing "normal" at meal times and doing my binging after everyone was gone or in bed and my purging was normally in the school bathroom or in an ally on my walk to school. But WHY do we need to be telling these kids this on a public "googleable" website! I agree with freedom of speech and if you want to kill yourself with bulimia or anorexia then go ahead but why HELP already endangered kids find ways to kill them selves too??
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Oh my goodness . . . I've finally put up a myspace and was looking for ED support groups to join, and guess what I found? Pro-ana/mia groups!! There are LOTS of pics of skeletal girls and I even saw 2 pics of people throwing up. I can't believe that. I'm sickened. Some of them aren't pro, and they are sensitive to triggering also and I thought that was cool. Some claim not to be pro, but they aren't "interested in recovering" (exact quote). And I didn't delve deeply enough to see if I could find any tricks of the trade, but a lot of them were posting about their binges and one girl said she purged 40 times in one day!!! I just can't even be reading anything of that nature. It saddens and upsets me, so I just need to be careful about finding a support group on there.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #18  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

yes harpo please watch those sites

We are all very...I don't know....Weak I guess is the word to EDs and it makes us very likely to say wow I miss that controll feeling....I know I had that problem....don't let those stupid sites turn back all your good work by joining the wrong group

and you look absolutely beautiful in your Avator...such an awesome change from your heaviest pics!! Im proud of you
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #19  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

I've seen a number of pro-ana websites on the internet, as I used to visit them all the time back in the day when my anorexia was really out of control. It really is surreal to have all those girls with ed's actually trying to help each other continue their disease. There are pages of anorexic tips & tricks, people posting pictures of their wrist bones and ribs, lists of "recipes" that are under 50 cals. That said, a lot of girls go to the site for support and understanding because they either don't trust their friends and family or they have nobody else to turn to. Sometimes you just need to talk to somebody who's going through the same thing as you are.

I'm still a member of one of the websites, but I only visit the recovery forum now.
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote