Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Cyber Purgers III (warning: binge confessions)

If you have a binge (and unfortunately many of us do), post it here, please, ladies. (and gents, if there are any around)
This makes it easier for those of us on Chicks in Control who are sensitive to reading about binges. Sometimes just reading about a certain type of food will set some people off onto a binge.

Thanks, everyone.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hey Ellis, glad you made the new thread, the other one was starting to confuse me!

So far i haven't done so bad today! I woke up at 12 because i was with my bf and i love having lie-ins with him! I had breakfast which was porridge and 2 slices of toast with butter. And i think that will probably keep me going until tea time, fingers crossed!

P.S Ellis you always have great smilies, could u tell me how to include them in my posts?! They're cool!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #3  

Tea time. That sounds so British, Leah. So does "lie-ins". Makes me think of my parents.

Okay, smilies...
When you post, instead of posting in the little box at the bottom (Post Quick Reply), click on "Post Reply" immediately beneath the last post on the page. Or click on "Go Advanced" beneath the "Quick Reply" box. (didja get that?)
You'll go to another page, and the smilies will be on the right. You'll see a link that says "More". Click that, and it'll show you a whole shipload of smilies.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hehe it's probably because i am Brittish!

Thanks for the explaination, i can be so stupid sometimes

Yay now i can have smilies

Old 06-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #5  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Doin good today! I am soo happy but I am worried about our other Regulars to this thread!

Kristen, Harpo, SOOO many others!! you guys check in so we won't worry too bad!

Hope everyone is doing good...I am on day nine of binge freeness!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I'm okay Sharon . . . I've just been in a very pensive, self-contemplating, thinking a lot about life, withdrawn, selfish kind of mood lately. I've had a couple of rough days, but today has been good. I ate up all the bad food in the house, so unless I go out and buy it, there is nothing for me to eat off plan.

I told Ellis I get the 'unsupportive slacker of the week' award. I'm sure I'll settle back to my old self soon.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Diary of a binge beast: Today I escaped my cage for the first time in a month. I had about 2 hours of a food frenzy. I was unable to find stuff I really wanted--like cake, cookies, chocolate, etc. So, I just stuffed myself with what was available.

First, I boiled eggs and ate 12 egg whites. I was good and threw the yolks away! Then I started in on the oatmeal-- 4 packs of oatmeal were quickly consumed. I still felt hungry ! Then I made a spinach and tomato salad, opened a can of tuna and ate 8 MORE egg whites! That's a total of 20 egg whites!!! I'm scared I'm gonna start clucking or come down with bird flu!

My dh is out of town and I'm alone for the first time EVER. Just me and the binge beast! I'm so glad he comes back tomorrow!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #8  
New Beginning, New ME!

OMG Elizabeth I am so sorry I hate to hear about a binge but at the time of night when i am wrestling my kids into bed it was good to get a laugh out of the "im scared Im gonna start Clucking or come down with bird flu" comment Girl I laughed SOOO hard my kids came out of bed to see what mommy was laughing about!

At least you can look on the bright side of this binge..lots of protein in those eggs, you had spinach (yuck haha) and Tomato and Tuna ( more protein) and then there is the Fiber in the oatmeal

Harpo Thanks for checking in and sorry you are having a bad few days hang in there I am sure it gets better...look how far you have already made it girl!! All the weight you have lost is an inspiration and an *** kicker when I start feeling sorry for myself. I have a problem with food but not weight..you have them both and you are kickin some serious booty HANG IN THERE!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrynurse
Diary of a binge beast: Today I escaped my cage for the first time in a month. I had about 2 hours of a food frenzy. I was unable to find stuff I really wanted--like cake, cookies, chocolate, etc. So, I just stuffed myself with what was available.

First, I boiled eggs and ate 12 egg whites. I was good and threw the yolks away! Then I started in on the oatmeal-- 4 packs of oatmeal were quickly consumed. I still felt hungry ! Then I made a spinach and tomato salad, opened a can of tuna and ate 8 MORE egg whites! That's a total of 20 egg whites!!! I'm scared I'm gonna start clucking or come down with bird flu!

My dh is out of town and I'm alone for the first time EVER. Just me and the binge beast! I'm so glad he comes back tomorrow!
Look on the bright side: you've consumed a TON of lean protein! Thats great for building muscle mass. In fact, you probably cosumed the minimum number of calories for that amount of protein. And it isn't like you were just eating empty calories, like four boxes of lucky charms. With everything you ate, you were actually nourishing your body in one way or another. Tomatoes and spinache are extremly rich in potassium, which is important for transforming those calories into energy (instead of storing them as fat). If you would have consumed that much potassium in bananas, it would have been five times the calories. And did you calculate how many calories you saved by just eating the whites? You saved 900 calories! You binge could have easily been multiplied by twenty if you hadn't made good choices in what you ate.
But just wondering, why were you so hungry? I only ask for this binge in particular because protein is supposed to be the most filling source of calories (egg whites are nothing but 100% protein) and the fiber in the oatmeal would have been filling. And you weren't eating "comfort" or "feel better" foods exactly, like a binger would normally. This sounds like you weren't eating for emotional reasons at all. Had you been restricting yourself to the extreme or fasting?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #10  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
I'm okay Sharon . . . I've just been in a very pensive, self-contemplating, thinking a lot about life, withdrawn, selfish kind of mood lately. I've had a couple of rough days, but today has been good. I ate up all the bad food in the house, so unless I go out and buy it, there is nothing for me to eat off plan.

I told Ellis I get the 'unsupportive slacker of the week' award. I'm sure I'll settle back to my old self soon.
Harpo~
Awwww.......Hate to hear you're having a tough time!
You're the life of the thread when you're around! We miss you when you're gone, but you will NEVER NEVER NEVER get the 'unsupportive slacker of the week' award!

You've gotta take care of yourself before you can encourage anyone else!
Thinking of you and wishing you a brighter, happier day!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #11  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen
Look on the bright side: you've consumed a TON of lean protein! Thats great for building muscle mass. In fact, you probably cosumed the minimum number of calories for that amount of protein. And it isn't like you were just eating empty calories, like four boxes of lucky charms. With everything you ate, you were actually nourishing your body in one way or another. Tomatoes and spinache are extremly rich in potassium, which is important for transforming those calories into energy (instead of storing them as fat). If you would have consumed that much potassium in bananas, it would have been five times the calories. And did you calculate how many calories you saved by just eating the whites? You saved 900 calories! You binge could have easily been multiplied by twenty if you hadn't made good choices in what you ate.
But just wondering, why were you so hungry? I only ask for this binge in particular because protein is supposed to be the most filling source of calories (egg whites are nothing but 100% protein) and the fiber in the oatmeal would have been filling. And you weren't eating "comfort" or "feel better" foods exactly, like a binger would normally. This sounds like you weren't eating for emotional reasons at all. Had you been restricting yourself to the extreme or fasting?
DairyQueen~

for your encouraging and insightful post!

I was trying to use the protein and fiber to satisfy my hunger. I was out of control with the quantity of food that I consumed but remained in control of what I ate. I do feel pretty good about that. But I do feel badly because I ate and continued to eat after my stomach felt "full".

You've asked an excellent question---Have I been restricting myself to the extreme?

I did cut my calories to 1200 for 2 days. Previously I was eating about 1500 calories. That doesn't seem extreme to me but perhaps I need to go back up to 1300-1400 calories.

As far as the emotional part--my dh was out of town--for the first time ever! I missed him and was bored.

I think that my binge was probably a combination of both physical and psychological issues.

Thanks again DQ!
I believe that only by understanding our actions and compulsions can we ever hope to change them!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Ok I am really busy with a school project I have 2 group projects one of which no one in my group is helping me and then i have to wrtie 4 speeches in a week!
I ran for Vice President of my community service club and i hope i win!!
Also one of the projects I mentioned is a mock trial and i have to be the defence attorney for Mussolini! I hope that works out, but he will be convicted guilty. ( just want to get a good grade)

I had 6 mini chocolate donuts today not great but it wasn't as bad as the past few binges

I have been good with exercise and i plan on stickiking with it!

good luck everyone!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #13  

Defense attorney for Mussolini, eh, Kristen? Good luck.
Wow, you're busy at school! Good luck with the service club, too!

Harpo, I hope that food is all eaten up. Don't take any more into the house, hear me? We've missed you, hon.

Elizabeth, that was a pretty healthy binge. I'm sorry the binge-monster hit, but glad there was nothing "bad" in the house to feed you.

Personally, I have nothing to report.
Okay, well I DID eat two packages of those sesame snaps yesterday. I was at the corner store, and was very proud of myself for not picking up chocolate bars and chips.
After I'd eaten the sesame snaps, I looked at the calorie count. One pack is like eating a chocolate bar, fer cryin' out loud!
Anyhow, I DO feel good about the chocolate and chips.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #14  
New Beginning, New ME!

Doing good here too....Kristen good luck on that election!!

Went out to eat twice yesterday..once to pizza hut where I again cut my "normal" consumption of 6 breadsticks and 2 pcs of Pizza to 3 breadsticks and 1 piece of pizza...then our neighbor (single and 22) didn't want to go out to eat alone so we went with her to chinese but again I only let myself have Half of what i would normally eat (1 plate filled instead of 2 filled overflowing) and tried to stay away from the really really high cal stuff. (fried cream cheese and Sesame chicken WAYY high cal).

Almost binged last night because I was watching tv with hubby and got bored. IT wasn't the binge monster just his ole pal Munchie Monster (who by the way is fuzzy and blue with a purple wart on his red nose, green eyes and his name is BitAThis *ya know a bit of this a bit of that*) I had a handfull of Junior mints, a handful of Tropical trail mix, 1 hostes cupcake (instead of the TWO that i brought with me to eat), and about 2 cups of coffee. All that during a 3 hour marathon of stuff we taped on DVR....normally that would have been a BOX (large movie theater size) of junior mints and that bag of tropical mix woulda been in my lap the whole time instead of just the handful.

By the way does anyone watch the show Reba (on WB)? Last night was about dieting and it really hit home for me and even had me and hubby a lil teary eyed...I LOVE that show!!

Ok enough...gotta get this cup of coffee in me and eat breakfast (don't ask and i won't tell hehe)
Old 06-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrynurse
DairyQueen~

for your encouraging and insightful post!

I was trying to use the protein and fiber to satisfy my hunger. I was out of control with the quantity of food that I consumed but remained in control of what I ate. I do feel pretty good about that. But I do feel badly because I ate and continued to eat after my stomach felt "full".

You've asked an excellent question---Have I been restricting myself to the extreme?

I did cut my calories to 1200 for 2 days. Previously I was eating about 1500 calories. That doesn't seem extreme to me but perhaps I need to go back up to 1300-1400 calories.

As far as the emotional part--my dh was out of town--for the first time ever! I missed him and was bored.

I think that my binge was probably a combination of both physical and psychological issues.

Thanks again DQ!
I believe that only by understanding our actions and compulsions can we ever hope to change them!
Sure, no prob! I think you should increase your cal intake. If you felt the need to keep eating even after your stomach was "full" it doesn't nessesarily mean emotional eating. Your brain might have been purposly set up to tell you to eat more as soon as it realized you were being food deprived.
If you gained any wieght from that, there's a good chance it was in muscle! Which is good weight to gain.
Closed Thread