Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #16  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I finally uploaded my avatar photo and a few of my wedding pics to snapfish.com (thanks Ellis for the snapfish link!)
I still can't figure out how to get the picture to appear in my post! If anybody wants to see me on the happiest day of my life (2 years ago and 8 lbs lighter) here is a link:

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...65/t_=52814065

Last edited by telemetrynurse; 05-24-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #17  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Telemytrynurse----AWESOME for fighting those demons! I know they can yell pretty loud and they are very persistant! Did you mean to type "dreadmill"??? That is WAY TOO FUNNY!!! I can totally relate to it Lots of luck to ya today!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Elizabeth, your wedding looks SOOO beautiful. That church is gorgeous, the dress is gorgeous, you are gorgeous. Okay, I'm officially jealous now. You're actually making me want to have a wedding. But of course I need to actually find someone TO marry.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Woof! Elizabeth, you are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us!! (is the cute guy in the last photo your DH?)
Old 05-25-2006, 07:00 AM   #20  

hi everyone

i've been on holiday for a while. went down to the south island and had a fab time. didn't binge so much as continuous grazing and now have 3 extra lb on my hips ugh. now i'm back home and the binge urge is definitely there. i can see that some of this stuff is environmental as the urge to binge was not so great when i was away. altho i did indulge in a few drinkies while i was away

will catch up on all the news later. just dropping in to say hello
Old 05-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #21  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

Sweatpea: Welcome back! nice to hear that you had good holidays!

telemetrynurse: The pics are wonderful!! You look gorgeous!!

bigfatty: You are creating a whole new exercise! Take an advice from me: write a book, make a video. Forget about Nordic Walking, Power Walking, all that stuff.....

Well, I made it binge- free through yesterday.
Jumped on and off the scale, not really a result there. OK, maybe I lost one pound last week- but itīs hard to figure that out because our scale is in kg and not so really precise....So Iīll wait until I see the 164 pounds (82 kg) on the scale before i move my weight tracker in the "good direction".

Today, the day after today and the day after the day after today (a.k.a. known as today, Friday and Saturday) are going to be awful. I have an exam on Saturday and I havenīt learned enough. I will learn today and tomorrow, but this wonīt make so much difference- itīs so much stuff....All I can do is eat right, do a few exercises, learn a bit and trying to get enough sleep...BUT I AM NERVOUS!! Ahhh....

Have a nice and binge free day,

Kate
Old 05-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #22  
Elizabeth

Hello!

I hope everybody's having a good binge-free Thursday!

I've been thinking about what I personally consider a binge. If I stay within my calories for the day, yet I eat when I'm not hungry is that a binge? Hmm....I think I'll consider it a victory when I consume a reasonable amount of calories for the day. Instead of shooting for perfection, which will certainly lead to failure, I'll shoot for what I can achieve!

Kate~Thank you for the nice compliments!!!
Congrats on your weight loss! Good for you----to stay strong (eating well & exercise) when feeling nervous! Good luck on your exams!

sweetpea~Welcome back! South island vacation??? Sounds GREAT! 3lbs isn't bad at all! I gained 8lbs in Chicago in under a WEEK!!! Now, almost 2 weeks later I've relost 5 of those pounds. (I hope they don't find me again!!) In hindsight, I'd say.....It WAS worth it! Besides, who can resist those cute little island drinkies with the little umbrellas????

Ellis~
Thank you so much for your compliments!
Yep, that's my dh!

Harpo~Thank you for your many compliments!

You posted: "Okay, I'm officially jealous now. You're actually making me want to have a wedding. But of course I need to actually find someone TO marry."
It took me 34 years to find the RIGHT guy! You've got PLENTY of time!

BigF~
I totally MEANT to type "dreadmill"! I wish I could say I was that creative, but I "borrowed" it from another 3FC poster---I thought it was funny and accurate! I was BAD yesterday! I avoided the dreadmill and instead went out to do garden work for a few hours. It was over 90 degrees and I was out there pulling weeds to avoid the dreadmill. So, that tells you how much I DREAD it!!!
to everyone!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #23  

hi everyone

elizabeth - i like the sound of the will power dust. boy do i need it.

had a huge binge on sweet things last night. didn't even taste them going down. it was crazy. just kept throwing them in my mouth. honestly i can't believe how quickly i chowed thru a jumbo pack. grrrrr

kate good luck for your exam. what is the subject?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #24  

Hi everyone! I hope you all have had a great binge free day! Today is day number 3 for me!!Yay!! I have been walking to get my son from or to school each day. It's been really working too cause I've lost 2 pounds so far this week! Yay!! I've been so busy today but I wanted to pop in say hi! Stay strong ladies! I'm off to OA, but I'll check back when I get back!

Elizabeth, even so---I LOVE the dreadmill thing! I'm going to use it too!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:47 AM   #25  
On my way...

Good morning!

I finally made it! I jumped on the scale and the ticker stopped at 164 pounds! Finally my body gave up holding all the water captured. I thought I had to do a sit- in and sing "Give peace a chnce" or something like that.....
Crazy, the last time I stepped on the scale and it was 164 pounds I thought: Oh my god, you are so fat, letīs start a funky diet. I ended up gaining more than 8 pounds. Now I am totally satisfied with that weight and feel like feather....

Ok, yesterday was binge- free. And tomorrow will be my exam!! Ok, I try to ignore it.....

bigfatty: Congratulations to your weight loss!! And on your binge free days!
And itīs great that you are going to the OA meetings! I went to some here in Germany, but somehow they donīt work like AA here- or OA in the USA. So itīs not that helpful. And the group I went to was closed. Not enough people....

sweat_pea: Sad to you had a binge yesterday- but that doesnīt mean that you have to binge today
My exam is about the german public law. THE WHOLE PUBLIC LAW. And maybe a bit European Law....Have I already said that I donīt like my law studies??

telemetrynurse: I am not in the position to give advice, but if you want to listen to someone who always fails at that point : Striking for perfection will lead to desaster!
Ok, I have to admit that I have a question since I read your first post. Itīs about your name...At first I thought that would be funny mystery name (ok, I messed it up with telepathy). Then I saw "ER" in TV and heard "Hey, we need a telemetry bed". So I googled it...So your name has something to do with these watching patients heart rate etc. stuff??
Not that I really matters, I am just curious....

I am sending you all a lot of that:
Have a nice day and stay strong!

Kate
Old 05-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #26  

Good Morning everyone! Here'S to a binge free day!!! Day number 4 for me! Yay! I went to OA last night and found out a little more about myself. Last time I was there I realized that alot of people are control freaks. I am one of them, I have to control everyone elses lives and everything around me. I do a terrible job at it, but I do it cause my life is so out of control. I am trying to work on this now, that I know about it! So last night I learned that I treat people badly sometimes. I nit pick and try to find flaws or only the bad in people because *I* am so miserable. One thing about OA that I am so happy about is that slowly by slowly I am taking my life back! This disease is so horrible, and I am so ready to stand up and face it with God at my side!

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave for a minute! Here is lots of LUCK to you all for a BINGE FREE DAY!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #27  

hi everyone

i binged again yday. i have to grab hold of this again. not doing so good right now but i will get there

cindy congrats on BF days and extra insights

kate - german public law. that does sound intimidating but i'm sure you'll pass with flying colours. good luck and well done too on BF
Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 AM   #28  

I have remained binge free this week also That thrills me, but I must admit that it is getting harder. When the scale was moving rapidly those first three weeks, it was so much easier. Now that the weight loss is tapering off to 'normal' loss, the scale is moving much slower and the binge urges seem to be getting worse! Those thoughts of 'just a little treat' are starting to creep in -- but I have abstained thus far and I am very thankful for that!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #29  
Elizabeth

Hi everybody!

I hope everybody's having a good Memorial day weekend! I've done well today thus far.

Sweetpea~Sorry you're having a rough time lately. I know sweets are my greatest temptation. Here's a double dose for you!

BigF~Wow, sounds like you're really gaining some powerful insight from your OA meetings! WTG for facing the disease and taking constructive steps to deal with it! You CAN do this! How often are you going to OA meetings? I've only been to one, but after reading your post I may have to check it out again. Thanks for sharing!

Kate~Yep, you got it---telemetry is a cardiac step-down unit where patients have their heart rhythm constantly monitored.
WTG on the weight loss!!!

Water~ Woohoo!!!! A week binge-free!!! Congrats!
I do know what you mean---about it being a bit harder to fight of the binges when the weight loss slows. Good luck and

Harpo & Ellis~Thinking of you and hoping you come back to the binge-free post SOON!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #30  
On my way...

Hi!

I hope your are having a nice Memorial day weekend!

I stayed binge free yesterday even though the day was .....***. The exam was *** ******* dumb. I got angry and thought: well, I havenīt got up at 4.30 in the morning to end that exam 5 Minutes after it started (as a lot of people did)- when you choose such a bad test topic, you have to read a lot of pages with my ramblings!

In the evening I choosed, as it turned out somehow telephatic with Hungry2live, to reward myself with a new haircut. I bet I can move the weight ticker because of that: I went from Harry Potter Hermione to someone with a haircur. I lost a lot of hair....

A good and binge free day to all of you,

Kate
Closed Thread