Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #1  

Unhappy Worried about tonight (food mentioned)

I have been feeling strong and feeling like I have been doing a pretty good job with not overeating and not bingeing -- but now I am worried. Today is my son's birthday party. First we are going to a pizza buffet and then back to my house for the party. I have eaten to my heart's content at that buffet in the past and felt like a stuffed pig when I left I am going to make myself a big salad and limit myself to 2 small thin crust slices (or at least I am going to try). I don't think that will be too awfully hard - though not exactly easy either - but what has me worried is the dreaded birthday cake. I have not had overt sugar for 20 days now and I am so afraid that this cake will be my undoing. I am going to do my best to not have so much as a bite (that is all it takes to set me off on a binge) and to only save enough for my son to have maybe one more piece... but that is hard for a six year old to understand. I CANNOT have that cake sitting around here or I know that I will cave and eat the whole darn thing. We are not picking it up until right before the party and it is all going home with grandparents and friends after the party - but that makes me feel guilty that I am giving away HIS cake because *I* cannot control myself This makes me so mad at myself for being like this! Here it is a perfectly beautiful day - a birthday party day even - and all I can think about is that evil cake coming to get me It sucks being like this!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #2  
No description available.

No one really needs leftover birthday cake, including your sweet son. One piece is fine. The next day it gets kind of stale anyway...send it away! Don't be so down on yourself! It is not the big deal to your son that it is to you! Take him to the park or something. That is MUCH better than leftover birthday cake!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Midwife is right. Don't feel guilty about getting rid of the extra cake, Water. Your son doesn't need it, and he'll want you to be healthy and live long, so don't stick that cake to your heart!
I hope your son has a wonderful birthday!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I don't think your plan sounds bad at all,,,its sounds perfect. And really your son will probably have other sweets too.. Not having more then one extra slice its not going to scar him if he even notices it.
Sending you strength.......
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #5  

happy birthday to your son water!! your plan sounds very doable! i hope all goes well!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

Hey, water! I agree with the others, your son doesn't need all that extra cake, so you're actually doing him a favour. It's good for you to model sensible eating habits for him, so that he can grow up healthy. Good luck with the party, and I hope you both have a wonderful day!
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone I did okay! The funny thing is that he did not even notice that I did not eat any cake because he was having so much fun I spent all that time worrying that it would upset him. I sent the rest of it home with other folks and he didn't miss it a bit.
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Proud of you, girl! Keep up the good work!
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Water, I'm so glad for you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good for you,,,and glad to know he was having so much fun!
big hugs,
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:00 AM   #11  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

I glad everything worked out for you! It's nice to hear success stories!
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote