Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #76  

hi lala,
wow the schedule sounds tough! hope you get a little time for yourself soon.

i went to my class this am at the Y, it was a little sad (sniff, sniff) last early saturday am class until the fall. i need to take some time this weekend and figure out what i can do to replace that one. maybe sculpting? who knows.

hope it is going well for everyone!!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #77  

Height: 5'-2"

Okay, so you're going to replace exercise with sculpting, Jodi? Hmmm...
That would be so cool! I'm going to take welding classes when I have some time.

Lala, you poor dear! What a busy life you have at present! I hope things ease up for you soon.

Kate, you play violin?! So many talented people here! I love violin music... it's beautiful.

Okay, this is not conventional exercise, but yesterday I washed and waxed my living/dining room floors. What a workout! My arms are killing me. It took me over two hours. I'm going to slay the first person who spills anything on the floor...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #78  

i should of been more specific ellis, there is a body sculpting class with weights at the Y here, but then again i do need to get back in touch with my creative side...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #79  

Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #80  

I am miserable. Miserable miserable miserable!!! I blew my back out earlier today, and it is getting progressivly worse! And I have been doing soo good with my exercising. It is May 21st and for the whole month so far I have worked out 17 days, and the four that I didn't do my work outs I've done at least 45 minutes of walking. Now I can hardly walk!!!!!!! I hurt my back really bad on a trampoline today. It was after my trampoline work out which by the way was NOT the cause of my injury. It was afterwards when I was just playing around on it. Now I can't do anything, I have been miserable all day, laying around, I can hardly move my back. It's so depressing because I could't even go walking like I do in the evenings, and also I know tomorrow I wont be able to do anything!! My friend is bringing me vicadin and muscle relaxers tomorrow on his way to work. but I'm so depressed right now my back is killing me
Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 AM   #81  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning!

I am lazy.... but I did my walking exercise yesterday.
My exercise will be a bit yoga like: hiding in the classroom (behind the person sitting in the row before me) so that my Prof wonīt see me and I donīt have to explain the whole European Law of social security......

Hungry2Live: I hope you are feeling better now! Maybe keeping the back warm will help.

ellis:Yes, I play violin...I started taking lesson about 18 months ago. I love the sound of a violin, too, but my parents never sent me to music school (first, it was too expensive. And second: they thought I couldnīt play an instrument at all). As I got sober I searched for a new hobby- and ended with my violin.
I play each day for at least 30 Min. I am not Yehudi Menuhin (and never will be in the near of- not in trillion years of trying), but I make some progress. Itīs ok to listen when I play, you donīt have bleeding ears afterwards. And it doesnīt bother my little cat, so it canīt be that bad....
My instrument isnīt so extremly good and I have to save the money for the lessons somewhere else. But I didnīt wanted to wait until I maybe have more money. You know, my father always said: "Iīll do that when I am retired". He died because of lung cancer before he had the chance to be retired.
OK, maybe thatīs the wrong thread here.....

A nice day to all of you,

Kate
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate109
You know, my father always said: "Iīll do that when I am retired". He died because of lung cancer before he had the chance to be retired.
Kate, I'm so sorry about your father. I lost mine a year and a half ago, and it hurts terribly.
Hmmm... maybe I should try the violin. I used to play classical guitar. Got up to grade 5 and quit, and haven't picked it up for years...

Hungry, I'm so sorry about your back!! You poor love... I'm not meaning to sound preachy, but do you think when it's better you should do some back-strengthening exercises? Sometimes we neglect our back muscles because they seem fine. Until we hurt them. I'm very guilty of that myself, so I can relate to what you're going through.
Take good care of yourself, sweetie... you'll soon be exercising again.

I've been really pathetic in the exercise department lately. However, I did get a 60 minute walk in with my DH yesterday.

Speaking of being pathetic in the exercise department, where is everyone else?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #83  
dgpebbles

morning everyone...I've been pathetic in the exercise dept too..I only got in one day last week..now thats bad...but i did weigh-in today and I'm down 1.6lbs this week....I've been watching my food intake since I haven't been my workouts.....this week I hope to get in at least 4 days of exercise....

Hungry- sorry to hear about your back...hope you feel better soon...
Old 05-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #84  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Howdy hey! I must confess that I have not exercised even a little since... Thursday, I think... ugh...

I was supposed to come home and exercise right after work but I sort of kind of skipped lunch and had an apple instead... so when I passed by the grocery store on the way home I went in for some stuff... It wasn't as bad as it coulda been, but I am quite full, and I'll have to let it settle and I WILL exercise this evening!!

But, I'm feeling better and much less stressed now that I dropped that other class, so I will be back on track from here on out...

-Lala
Old 05-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #85  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi Gals!

Sorry to be absent but I've been a very bad girl! Although I've not been entirely bad with my diet - I haven't been as good as I used to be in the exercise department. I think it's because when I was exercising like a fiend, I'd lose .2 here and there or gain. And when I stopped exercising for about 10 days, I started to lose! I'm like 'what the heck is that all about??' So it totally demotivated me (is that a word?).

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore and went back to it last night - 60 minutes spinning (ouch, now my hiney hurts again), and 60 minutes of water aerobics. I slept like a baby last night.

My goal this week is to exercise everyday but Friday for at least 60 minutes.

I have a 62 mile bike ride coming up on June 3rd that I'm preparing for so I've got to be in good shape for that.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #86  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Exercise! I did my exercise today!
Wow, I am proud of me!

I spend 30 Min on our hometrainer. I wanted to try that because of my knee problems. It was challenging- really challenging. But I am glad it made it! And it wasnīt to bad after all because I had my iPod with a few "Letīs get motivated/ You are such a Superhero"- songs. Silly, but works for me.....
Old 05-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #87  
dgpebbles

wow have I been bad...I just went back through the month to add up my exercise and I have only exercised 4 days this month...wow I can't believe I've missed that much...I really need to get back on track...
Old 05-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #88  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Tuesday/Wedbesday recap

Well, I did do my exercise on Tuesday; stretches, crunches, and half hour on the elliptical. I didn't do much today, no real stretching, but I got some resistance work in, at least.

Happy Wednesday everyone...

-lala
Old 05-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #89  

I need to be here too. Today I am re-committing to exercise, for at least 30 minutes, each and every day of the week. I have tried saying that I would exercise a certain number of days per week, but I always find in that an excuse to wait until tomorrow. I was doing pretty good at first, but I have slacked back off to nothing I HAVE to get started again. The scale has been at a total standstill for three days now and I know that I am going to have to get my body moving in order to get that scale moving again. So ~ here I am making the committment to exercise in some way every day of the week starting TODAY!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #90  

Oh, good. We're all (almost all) exercising again.

I just got on the treadmill for 20 minutes. First time... oh, maybe this month! I ran for a 5 minute and a 2 minute stretch.

Good going, girls!!
Closed Thread