Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free Week May 1st start

Anyone up for another challenge this week?

Let's commit to binging as little as possible. Even one day without a binge is an improvement for some of us...

I haven't been "binging", as such, but my calorie count has been about 700 calories a day too much, so I'm committed to scaling back a bit.

Good luck, all!!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #2  

I'm in lord knows i need to be! Do you guys usually check in each day or at the end of the week, or just when you feel like it?

*j
Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Ok, I am in...
I commit to binging as little as possible this week. One day at a time.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I'm up for the challenge!

I've started to really watch what times I eat, scheduling meals and snacks. It is helping me so much to curtail the CONSTANT grazing! It seems that my "FULL" gauge in my stomach does NOT work!
I would think, "oh, well an apple is healthy I can eat it." Then 20 minutes later I would think, "hmmm... what else can I munch on?" Even the healthiest foods can really add up in calories if you eat them almost continually!

So, my plan for the week is to stick to scheduled "feeding" times and try to get my multiple stomachs into the habit of not eating constantly!

Another thing I am trying to watch is HOW I eat. My goal is to eat only at the kitchen table without distractions. No MORE eating while surfing the internet, watching tv or reading books. It's amazing how much food I can gulp and not even realize it!

Good luck to everyone for a binge-free week!
Liz
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

I hope you all don't mind if I jump in on this challenge.

I struggle a lot with binging, and most of last week was nothing but a huge binge.

I would like to try to go one week without (actually more like a day or two lol). Maybe this will help me control the binging urges, etc.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  

Welcome, everyone, and good luck this week!

Jay, come in as often as you like. Most of us check in once daily.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #7  

count me in!!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  
Jenn

S/C/G: 225/175

Count me in please!! I just hope the weekend will be okay too!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #9  

hi all, i'll join you for this one

it's already tuesday here so i'll report on monday now. i did overeat and do some out of control eating. but to me bingeing is more extreme and so i will give it a cautious tick for being binge free.

i did it. i bought the house i liked!!! but it's a bit of a leap of faith. the buyer for my house still hasn't signed the agreement. when i spoke to him yday he said it was all go and that he was heading to the lawyer in the afternoon to talk to him about it. gaaaah first time buyers are such nervous nellies. and the thing is that i am selling privately which means that it's harder to chase up with the buyer. if i had an agent they could sit with him and nag him. i may have to do that anyway. i'll give it until midday today and if i haven't heard i will phone him. that's another 40 mins.

anyway as you can imagine being nervous about everything going on i was grabbing food and opening packets and eating stuff. then i'd realise oh no bad idea and manage to stop but it was very hard. it was extremely close to a binge

good luck to everyone on being binge free and on more "conscious" eating and less unconscious / subconscious eating
Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I'm in again, of course!! I'm SO going to be binge free this week!!! No excuses, no birthdays this week either! And I'm going to an amusement park on the 16th, so I definitely want to lose some weight to wear a cute outfit then!!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #11  

i hope its ok if i join in too, i've been lurking around this section for a while and i think i need to speak up. these past 2 weeks i have been bingeing every day, and i've gained 3 pounds back already. i had set a goal of not having dessert after dinner this whole week. today i didnt have dessert, but instead i ended up having a big dinner and munching on salty things throughout the day
so starting now, i'm adding no snacking on salty things to my week goal. i need to stick to my eating plan the rest of this week!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #12  

Latinpear, welcome!! We're very glad to have you join us.

Sweet Pea, that's so exciting about the house! What's it like?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #13  

Red face

uh, ok i'm starting tomorrow

ok no--I started today, but it wasn't binge free. 6 more days to be successful!

But just to clarify, I define bingeing pretty strictly for myself. For me bingeing is eating when I'm not hungry. So for any of you that read my CRAZINESS in cyberpurgers yesterday, I'm not talking about that kind of day. I just ate too much, too often, and when I KNEW I wasn't hungry.

tomorrow no bingeing. Good job to you in control chicks!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/199/145

Can I join in too? Like latinpear, I've been lurking and I thought that this thread would be a good place to jump in.

Anyway, I was losing steadily (222 down to 212.5) until the day before Easter, when I suddenly gave myself permission to eat like a pig and eat four *** in one sitting. Sigh. Then I had a vacation from work that week, so I decided to stop calorie counting/journaling. "Temporarily", of course. Sigh again. Of course, I was okay for a few days, only to end up going back to my old routine of stopping at the store every night and loading up on three categories of junk food: salty , sweet and ***) - all of which I would then devour while watching TV. I finally stopped myself a week ago when I realized that I was mindlessly eating entire columns of *** even though I didn't even really want them anymore. I then managed to get back on track and luckily, I only regained 1.5 lbs in my week of insanity. I've been in control since last Tuesday night and I even allowed myself a little splurge at *** tonight. Now I just have to remind myself that I AM full and that I DON'T need to keep eating tonight, even though the urge is still there.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #15  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was BINGE-FREE!!!

I wasn't a perfect but I wasn't a dreaded so I am happy!

I had a hard time last night staying on plan. My dh kept snacking and eating stuff that was making me drool
***, ***, and then an entire grapefruit!

I finally caved and ate grapefruit! Since I've been trying to cut down on carbs, it was not "on plan".

The good thing is that I didn't allow my indiscretion to become a full blown food free-for-all. Usually, one wrong step off the path of dietary perfection and I go hog wild

Oh, how badly I wanted MORE food. The urge was sooooo strong! I prayed, brushed my teeth and started reading a good book. Whew, I made it!

This morning, as I started to read 3FC forum for my daily inspiration, I realized that I had started to eat my breakfast at the same time. There it was, my plate of egg beaters sitting beside my laptop with a bite or two missing. A definite NO-NO That's one of my own binge criteria----no mindless eating while engaging in other activities!

UGH! Habits and urges can be so tough! The important thing is that I DID stop and went to the table to eat!

I hope everyone has a wonderfully binge-free day! It can be tough, but I KNOW you all can do this! Please remember to celebrate each and every small victory!
Closed Thread