Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Ladies - I think I need to join you all here. I've been using a support forum and I love it, but I binge. I binge sometimes until I'm ready to vomit. And it's usually for no apparent reason. Alot of times when I'm doing really well and really losing, I'll binge - on things I don't even like! I'll be stuffing them in my mouth and hating the taste and still I keep going. I thought I was maybe the only one who did this, now I know that I'm not. I also hide the binges from my family - oh my gosh this sounds so weird. Am I crazy?

Barb
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #47  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsy
I also hide the binges from my family - oh my gosh this sounds so weird. Am I crazy?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't know of anyone who is an out-in-the-open binger. I sure know I hide it--even if it comes down to taking out the trash before my boyfriend gets home so he doesn't see all the empty containers! And I always eat dinner as usual, even after a binge, so he doesn't know I ate before he got home. I won't say you're not crazy because I sure feel crazy, too--I'll just say you're not alone
Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #48  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Definitely not weird, I think most bingers hide it. I've put trash in the trunk of my car to make sure nobody saw it... blech...
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #49  

I never binge with people around. I do it in my room with the door locked. I have junk food boxes and wrappers hidden all over my room in drawers, wardrobe, behind bookshelves, in jigsaw boxes.it's insane.I think it's part of the reason I binge, you know, the whole secret thing gives me a high. How pathetic is that?
Today was an ok day. I didn't all-out binge but my sister is baking right now and I'm not going to be able to fight it. One piece of cake is alright, right? Just one. Or maybe two.
I am hopeless.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Welcome to the thread Jill!!!! I recognize you as well (the purple always catches my eye ~ nice tactic!!). Your wisdom will fit nicely into our little group I was exactly in your shoes at one point, except I did the two breakfasts at Hardee's instead of Mcdonald's. If you actually completely abstain from the fast food places for awhile, the cravings virtually disappear. I was eating at Mcdonald's nearly every day until I stopped cold turkey and now almost a year later, I have no cravings for it at all.

A rousing welcome to you as well Barb!!! No, you are definitely not crazy. I binge sometimes on food I don't even want too. I think it's a binge for the sake of a binge. And sometimes I binge just because I want the feeling I get from purging (but that thankfully hasn't happpened in a long time). And I agree with Jill. I don't think anyone on here binges out in the open. A big part of the disease is secretive eating. I have food packages and wrappers now I have to throw out from my last binge episodes.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #51  
Eating for two!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! hehe, glad to know the purple font helps get me noticed--I actually just do it because purple is my favorite color, but now I know it's good for other reasons, too

So here it is, almost 9pm. I stopped eating about 3 hours ago, but my stomach STILL hurts. It was ugly--I left work and went to McDonald's...yup, 2 double cheeseburgers, small fry, and medium vanilla shake.

Harpo--I know you're right...I have quit fast food cold turkey before and was fine with it. I'm not sure why this time feels so much harder. I felt so strong this morning when I avoided it for breakfast, but then I ended up just getting it in the afternoon instead. Tomorrow's another day...

So then I came home, after having the McD's double meal, and I picked at food until Jeff got home. I had some rice crackers with vegetable cream cheese and then moved on to the honey-sesame sticks. I was still munching on those when Jeff got home. I had a couple more, and then I put the rest of the bag in the trash. I don't want them here. If I can't control myself, then I don't deserve to have them in my home.

Then I ate dinner with Jeff--2 turkey burgers w/swiss cheese on wheat buns with some guacamole Doritos (probably actually 2 servings instead of just 1) and a can of Coke Zero. I also had 2 bottles of water (16 oz each) this evening, so hopefully I can minimize the damage from the insane amounts of sodium (and that water was in addition to the 32 oz bottle I had earlier, plus another can of Coke Zero and 2 cups of no-sugar-added hot chocolate made with water).

Ugh, my stomach. I shouldn't be able to sit here and look down and see my stomach sticking out so much farther than my boobs (how's that for a lovely mental image?) I have GOT to get myself under control--I gained 11 pounds last month. 11. It could take me 3 months just to lose that much, but to gain it, it happens so quickly.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:15 AM   #52  

I'm sorry you had such a rotten day, Jill. You did have a small victory by not eating Mcdonald's for breakfast. Hey why not risk federal prison and burn your Mcdonald's down? I'll give you an alibi if needed My typical Mcdonalds splurge was a double cheeseburger, a Mcchicken sandwich, 2 medium fries, and 2 apple pies or a hot fudge sundae. BTW, your dinner had me drooling. I haven't tried the guacamole Doritos yet. And turkey burgers with swiss cheese? I LOVE that. I ran out of ground turkey awhile ago and might pick some up next time I go grocery shopping. The taco flavored doritos were always my downfall, but I haven't had a bag of them since I went on my diet.

Does anyone plan their next binge? Like I said if I go off plan this week, I'm going to eat grilled cheese, a bag of popcorn, and mashed potatoes. And I'll probably go get some chocolate and ice cream on top of it.

Attention Binge Free-A-Lot customers: Could Jay and Jenn please report to the Cyber-Purgers kiosk. Your party is worrying.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #53  
Eating for two!

Duh, I have discovered a possible reason for yesterday's insane eating. My TOM (err, actually bi-monthly visitor thank to my pills) should be arriving either later today or tomorrow. Can we say PMS? I know it's not an excuse--I need to be able to control myself regardless of hormones--but at least I know it's sort of like a trigger and is something I need to be even more careful about.

I have planned a day with multiple snacks today. I figure if I feel like I am always eating, then I might be less likely to want to eat even more. And, of course, lots and lots of water to help rid me of some sodium + PMS bloat

Harpo--sosmetimes, I do plan my next binge. For example, cheesecake is a major weakness for me, so I'll try to figure out a time when I might be able to sneak one (yeah, a whole one). It might be the next day or it miht not be for a week or so, but I'll surely plan for it if I haven't had cheesecake in a long time. Other than that, I might plan when I'll have time for a binge, but I won't usually plan what I'll eat--it depends on if I'm craving sweets, salty snacks, or fatty foods at the time.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #54  

Height: 5'-2"

Ugh. I'm trying not to hang out here too often.

Barb and Jill, welcome!! It's great to have you join us with our struggle.

I had half of a large bag of Doritos yesterday. No, wait... that was Sunday. Yesterday was pretty good. I'm seeing my trainer (gee, I hope he doesn't measure me) and my dietician this morning. I think (knock on wood) that I may be down a pound.

So... what do you say we all have a clean day and step into the Binge-free thread later today? Come on, girls... throw out your crap food and eat something that your body will love you for.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

i binged today which is really bad i only have 18 dyas until tryouts and I am soo nervous, my jumps suck!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #56  

keep trying kristen!! keep practicing those jumps you'll get them!! relax and have fun anf that will shine through in your cheering!!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #57  

Oh, Kristen, I'm sorry you binged today. End it today and move on. Keep working on your jumps and wow them at tryouts!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #58  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,,,
yesterday was good till about 8 pm then I just chowed down on a jelly rolls...not 1 but 4!
Today has been good,,,so day 1 of no binge, healthy eating all day.

give me strength,,,trying to wean off of sugar..
Old 05-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #59  

Hey everybody. I'm here--been busy with finals the last couple days. No excuse to go MIA on you guys--but I've been stressin'. Thanks for pullin' my butt in to check in Harpo--I was gonna just read and head out, but I figure I better at least say hey! I'm doin' ok. yeah, just ok. I'm dealing with each meal as it comes up--some have been bingey and others not. And I went to the gym on monday woop woop AND I'm on my way out to the Y now. I'll post in binge-free, and May exercise tonight. Welcome to the new control freaks
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #60  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Hey everybody! I've been coming to the site for a couple of weeks, but just found this thread. I've been reading all the entries and not sure if I'm a "binger" or not, because reading through these entries does not really describe my behavior. There are times, and I've been doing this for years since high school, when I do over eat, and then I purge. NOBODY, but you guys know it. I've never in my life shared it with anybody till now. It's been a couple of weeks since I purged and that was the first time in months. I've been doing really really good on my diet. I've lost about 11 pounds in 4 weeks. But there are those times...... Sometimes what I'm eating is so good. And then I start hearing that little voice that says, "oh, eat till you're full! You can go to the bathroom and dump it as soon as your done." It's disgusting, and when I do, I have mixed emotions. I feel in control (sorta), but then I feel guilty because I know that purging is not good for me. I hate doing it. And sometimes, as soon as i take the first bite, I already know that I'm going to over eat and then purge. And then I feel "defeated" and say to myself, "what the ****, my brain has already decided I'm not keeping this meal, might as well enjoy it". Is it madness or what???? I don't even want to think about the money I've spent going to lunch with the office, only to go directly to the bathroom and purge it. I get so mad at myself, I feel like I've just put my money into the toilet too.

Last edited by mel67; 05-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread