Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #16  
Jenn

S/C/G: 225/175

Default Yucky weekend! But Better month I promise!

So this weekend sucked, as most of mine do, not only do I work more, but I eat more and eat the wrong things while I'm at it. Yesterday we went to lunch before I had to go to work, we ate at Chipotle, and I had a burrito that was big enough to feed three people! I just couldn't let it go to waste. I just don't understnad why I can't stop when it's time. Saturday we ate at another restaurant, and i got really full, and then a few hours later at a baby shower, I ate way more than I should have. But today is the first, I will start my month today ( how many times have I said that in my life???) But now I have you guys, I just have one question, how do I not waste my week by eating like a cow on the weekends? Fast food is so much easier than anything else. Oh yeah and today I am going to attempt running!! Wish me luck that I dont have a heart attack out there! LOL! And stay strong Ladies!!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #17  

good for you letting it all out jay!! it is not hopeless, don't give up on yourself! you can do this. i admire each and every one of us who comes in this thread and let's it spill. pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start today fresh and new. if it we're me, i would print out that post and tape it into my journal as a reminder of the triggers in there that brought me down. it happens to all of us, no need to hide your face, we are not here to judge anyone just all trying to muddle through this somehow with support from around the world. i used to hide from the board when i was binging as if i didn't have aything to contribute or if i wasn't encouraging anyone i didn't have anything to say you know? the best thing i did for myself was come back here a few months ago and tell it all. that opened my door so to speak. i was able to truly tell my husband i needed his support and that i had a problem with food, i told my kids also there were just some things i wouldn't buy anymore because i can't be trusted with them. i still have a problem that i fight on a daily basis but after i let the cat out of the bag some parts of it started to make more sense to me. hope you are feeling better today!!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Alright I must confess...
I woke up this morning and I must have eaten like 6 lowfat chocolate chip granola bars, I had 2 grilled sanwiches made with fat free cheese and low fat whole wheat bread and cooking spray instead of butter and a chocolate ice cream bar from weight watchers. Anyway, now I have to get tons of work done plus exericse. My younger sister has not slept well in a week and she wakes up 3 times every night! My sleeping is all messed up and I feel like I am getting sick.
Anyway, I think when I binge by eating the low fat foods instead of full fat ones, I try and justify eating that many in my mind even though I know its bad. Anyway, I am going to study and workout, I am not giving up on keeping my 4lb weight loss goal off, after all I worked to hard to get that weight off.
Thanks for listening everyone
Old 05-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Jay, I know how hard it can be to admit something like that. You know (obviously, judging by the rest of us here) that you're not alone, hon. I wish we had an easy solution to hand you. Unfortunately, we've all been there. We're such emotional creatures, and for us, food is the easiest comfort.
I hope you're having a better day today... thinking about you...

Is it my imagination, or are we all having a REALLY hard time lately?
I'm with the rest of you... I'm binging like crazy.
I finally realized that my anti-depressants haven't been working for about two months. I've been fighting and fighting the depression, trying to convince myself that it's only "situational". But it's not. Last night I totally broke down. Thank God I saw my psychiatrist this morning. He's upped my meds.
Unfortunately, the admission to myself that "yes, I'm really sick" set me off on a binge. I felt like I "deserved" a binge, you know? So I've been chowing down all day, and I have more food plans for this evening.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. For all of us.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I feel like rubbish today I ate really late last night and I'm still feeling it today. It was a corn beef and cheese sandwich and waffles. It was a farewell meal because I'm back on plan today. I don't consider it a binge because it was only 1 sandwich and 2 waffles. But I did binge yesterday and the day before that to. It gave me acid reflux that I just can't seem to kick today. But it's all behind me. It's a new month and April just totally sucked. I only have one more month until my year anniversary, and I want an impressive loss!!

Kristen Congratulations on your 4 pound loss!! I did bad this month ~ only 2 pounds down Actually it's 9 pounds down because I gained up to 190 at one point in the month. But the net loss is only 2 pounds. It's the most awful part of having to deal with this problem. I hope your foot is feeling better!! I find myself bingeing on healthier foods as well. I definitely think it's a step in the right direction.

la la

sweet pea Ewww, calamari!! One time my parents brought some home and gave it to our chihuahuas and an hour later, they threw it up. It was the grossest thing I have ever seen in my life. And what the heck are pineapple lumps??!!! I hope you managed to get the binge monkey off of your back!!

Jay I'm so sorry you had such a rough day!! This is what we are here for, to go through the ups and downs together. I hope you had a better day today.

Kate Guten tag!

Crybaby Good luck on your month and your running!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!

Jodi

ellis I know, last month was ROUGH for everyone. We all had our share of horrible days. Sometimes I feel like I "deserve" a binge too, but this usually occurs when I've been good for a long time, and that hasn't happened in awhile.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #21  

Thanks for all the support everyone and it *does* seem like everyone's having a hard time. Today was better--still a little bingey, kind of like the tremors after an earthquake but better all the same. What I really wanted to share with you guys though is that tonight I took my son to the Y to go swimming and just because I'm a glutton for pain I decided to get on the scale--really just to remind myself how much damage I'd done to my body over the last few weeks and I've actually lost a pound. HA! Can you imagine?

You guys are just meeting me and heard about one of the worst binges of my life, but the weeks leading up to this have been pretty 'bingeful' too and I lose a pound. go figure. So--take this as a reminder that our bodies, our emotions our selves are much betterer gauges (sp?) for our mental and physical health than the scale. I'm really in a bad place right now--working to get out, but there all the same--and I could have looked at the number on the scale and been happy about some sort of success, when really, I've had a very unsuccesfull week.

BUT--today's a new day and tomorrow will be new again. Any ideas on something we can do together to shake off this funk? I said I'd do it yesterday, but when I get home I'll pull out my Overcoming Emotional eating book and post one of the journaling exercises--maybe a good dose of in-depth self reflection would be in order all around.

Thanks again you guys--I hope if nothing else your binges pale in comparison to the rabbit head incident

A timely quote:

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

*j
Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #22  

***Jodi angrily walks in the confessional and slams the door***

aaaaccccckkkkk!! i literally forced a binge on myself last night. i could feel it coming on and resisted at first but then made myself give in!!! i thought i was done but then talked myself into more to get the whole thing over with in hopefully one night!! what's wrong with me (please don't answer that, i already know) what are my excuses?? well, TOM, crappy day at work not hard but mentally stressful, everyone going in different directions at home, DD sprained wrist at softball game so that meant a trip to the ER, ok enough said.

steps today to prevent another bad day
planned and packed a breakfast and lunch all healthy good stuff.
going to the Y tonight to do my class
lots of water here to drink and get rid of all the bloat
healthy dinner planned
remind myself that when i am tired i have to go to sleep, no one intended peanut butter, chocolate, and chips to be used as a stimulant!!!!

ok feeling better now thanks for listening!

i love the quote j!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #23  

Jay, I have that quote hanging on my kitchen wall!! It's great.

I'm trying to think of how to get us through this, but I'm stumped. It's such an emotional roller-coaster for us...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #24  

Oh, Jodi!! I'm so sorry to see you in here!! Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and MOVE ON!!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #25  

We can do this Jodi! Look at you--you've already got a plan! Excellent work! The difference between you and a lot of the world, is that you try again another day! You have everything you need to be great and yesterday you did what you could to be OK. Today will be different.

I know it's so hard when we look back at what we've done to ourselves and are just at a loss as to why we keep sabatouging (never can spell that) ourselves. But know that at that moment it's what you could do to take care of yourself. You were stressed, frustrated and you needed comfort--so you handled it. some people sleep, some people use drugs or alcohol, some people meditate, some use violence and many just fall into deep depressions. We use food. So just understand that you were really trying to take care of you and today you'll try something different. Try to put it to the side and move forward. Today is a new day and tomorrow will be new again! I'm thinking of you as I try to be mindful today

*j
Old 05-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Sweetpea and Kristen Where are you? You know when you don't post for a couple of days, ellis and I begin to worry I hope since you haven't posted here, you are nice and binge-free!!!! Let us know!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #27  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I just had a bit of a binge I'm not sure what started it... but I ate 2 servings of **** and ***, 2 100 calorie *** and a WW 2 pt ***!

I was trying so hard to be good... I wish I knew what I was thinking!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #28  

Wink

Dia Daoibh, everyone. My name's Maria and I'm from Ireland. I've plucked up the courage to join this thread. I'm a serious binger.
Seriously.
I lost loads of weight since September but I fell off the wagon at Easter and I'm having trouble picking myself up again.
I'm a carb queen, I love ***, ***, ***, ***, ***. But the worst part is that I'm a *** (as my username suggests I'm addicted to Cadbury's which in Ireland is in abundance).
I've had a really bad week. I can't bring myelf to exercise and all I can think of is my stash of *** upstairs.
I'll start tomorrow. Honest.
It's really great to see that I'm not the only one who has this problem. You all sound so nice and easy-going. I don't feel so abnormal anymore.So thankl you very much!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Harpo- I have been very busy this week, overal I haven't had any major binges but I have been overeating a little. My teacher at school who is also my spinning instructor has a heart problem so the past week we could not workout, but this coming week we are.
Tonight I have to attempt to be social without food again I am going to see Scary Movie 4 I don;t think I will eat to much.
GTG *** No bingeing pleasE!!****
Old 05-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #30  

Oh, I am SO embarrassed!! I thought I was in the binge-free thread, and I've been ***ing out food trigger words. I am SO sorry, girls.
Closed Thread