Inspiring quotes from members

You're on Page 9 of 12
Go to
  • I love all the quotes. They are really inspiring.
  • I have a few, most from unknown sources, that I like to remember:

"Fortune favors the bold"

On giving up and quitting: "There will come a day, maybe months from now, where you will look back and kick yourself when you think of where you would have been if you had just kept going. So keep going."

"Even if you take three steps forward and two steps back-keep putting one foot in front of the other."

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."

And especially this one:

"Life is just a series of choices, made one at a time."
  • I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. -Marsha Doble

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise.

Physical fitness can neither be achieved
    by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.
    -Joseph Pilates

The pride you gain is worth the pain.
    -Dennis Ogilvie
  • Two quotes that help get me through the day:

*The only way I am going to fail is if I give up.

* Time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well do something with it.

^^^^This one helps me to remember that there have been so many years that I coulda, shoulda, woulda, and if I woulda, then I would have been done with weight loss a long time ago!!
  • "You have to stop this romance you have with bad foods, and you have to learn to hate them!' -Trainer Joey from MTV's I Used To Be Fat ♥
  • The lighter you eat, the healthier you feel!
  • Great quotes! Thanks for sharing! :-)
  • For everyone that says life is short, so splurge on eating, tell yourself, life IS short, and I want to live it healthy.
  • thank you to everyone for sharing. makes all the difference in the world.
  • I watched Sucker Punch recently. About a girl (of course beautiful but not the point) who'd been through terrible things and found her own way through. But what I found interesting were the numerous quotes. This is one that I've recently latched onto and hopefully you'll find it insprirational as well.

‎"Who honors those we love with the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we'll never die? Who teaches us what's real, and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live, and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us, and who holds the key to set us free? It's you. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight!"
  • I found this in the internet today:

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone I THINK I know... but I'm not sure. When I go out, people smile at me, men hold doors open for me, women smile back when I smile first, kids are nicer to me. And I'm not sure why.

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone who generates life. I see someone who enjoys getting up in the morning and getting dressed up for work. I see someone who is excited to begin a new day, and PARTICIPATE in life instead of just watch others. And I'm not sure why.

Finally, I stood in front of my mirror and I asked this woman - who the he** ARE you? She smiled. I would move my arm, she'd move HER arm, too. I'd move my head, she'd move HER head, too. I'm not sure why.

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone who smiles for no particular reason at all. She puts on old jeans and a tee-shirt, but does her hair, anyway. She goes to get groceries at Wal-Mart, but puts on a little makeup, anyway. I walk by a window, and she's there, with that little "bounce" in her stride. I walk by a door, and she's there - looking tall and confident.

I think I know this woman, and the crazy thing is, I'm starting to love her. I'm starting to love expecting to see her in the mirror, in the windows, in the doors. I'm loving her looking back at me, smiling that goofy smile for no reason at all. And I don't know why.

~ Kem Sweaton 07/27/03 ~
  • I think of this everyday...

"Dont look back, you are not going that way"

Simple but yet so true.
  • Being this is an old thread, unsure if I posted on it before or not, too lazy to go thru all the threads. But here are a few good one's that I always remember....

What you eat in private, you will wear in public!

Your body is the baggage you must carry for life. Having excess baggage, the shorter the trip!
  • Quote: I think of this everyday...

"Dont look back, you are not going that way"

Simple but yet so true.
    I really like that, I'll have to remember it

One that stuck with me for years (it came from a "For Today" Overeaters Anonymous book that had motivational quotes for each day) was this:

"Be patient. Results won't show overnight. But they will come"

I don't know why I liked that so much but I find myself keeping it as a mantra.
  • This has happened to me a few times. I eat dinner with some girlfriends. They point out some skinny person. Then they talk about how they read "the Fat Trap" and how its not worth it to diet because you will always have to "think" about it when you maintain, men don't actually care, etc, and I came up with this conclusion, you have 3 choices if you want to lose weight
    1.) Lose weight and always be conscious of your eating, at least to some degree
    2.) Never really lose the weight and always talk about it
    3.) Never lose the weight and get over it.
    I don't know anyone who has ever tried to lose weight and gone to #3. In denial yes, but it comes out in ugly ways, like criticizing other body types or acting like crying about your body was only a PMS thing. I only know #1's and #2's and I would rather be #1 because #2 worst of both worlds and I don't want to be in that world anymore.