3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Inspiring quotes from members (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/71418-inspiring-quotes-members.html)

isthatreallyme 10-23-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1223256)
I hate discipline, but I love results - Jack La Lanne

lol..... this is me to a 'T'

it's sooooooo going in my signature....lol

isthatreallyme 10-23-2006 12:28 AM

Here are a few of my favorite quotes that help inspire me to stay on track....

Remember when you see a man at the top of a mountain, he didn't fall there.
- Anonymous

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better.
- Anonymous

The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race.
-Don Marquis

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. - Buddha

wiosna 12-19-2006 05:38 AM

When it's getting hard - this quote explains me why is that. :)

"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it"

Have a lovely day!!! :)

RocknRoll 01-03-2007 11:40 PM

I have this on my wall right above my computer:

If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl.
But no matter what, just keep moving.

I love this quote to death! i have no clue who said it but it just means alot to me

HotDoc 03-23-2007 03:14 PM

this is one of my favorite quotes recently-

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our
deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens
us. We ask ourselves: who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually who are you
not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small
does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that people around you wont feel
insecure. We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to manifest the glory of God within us. It
is not just in some of us: it is in everyone. And as
we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other
people permission to do the same. As we are liberated
from our fear, our presence automatically liberates
others."

-Nelson Mandella

Kilketay 06-04-2007 05:32 PM

Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
- Robert Service

To resist the frigidity of old age one must combine the body, the mind and the heart - and to keep them in parallel vigor one must exercise, study and love.
- Karl Viktor von Bonstetten

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
- Thomas Jefferson

Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.
- Elie Wiesel

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.
- Aristotle

LilMama 06-09-2007 12:56 PM

How about -

Whether you think you can or can't, you are right.

I can't remember who said it but I know that I've always applied that to every other challenge in my life and never thought to apply it to weight loss, maybe because I didn't want to???, until I read these posts. So thanks for the inspiration!

Lost_here84 09-05-2007 10:45 AM

My favorite quote

Its pretty long but it really inspires me...

"I Will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I CAN condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am NOT lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person. I WILL ACT NOW!" -OG Mandino

newday 10-07-2007 09:54 PM

One of my favorite quotes to help inspire me to let go of past failings (diet and otherwise!) and move on....

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." - emerson

Synergy 11-03-2007 09:52 PM

"Inherently, each one of us has the substance within to achieve whatever out goals and dreams define. What is missing ...is the training, education, knowledge and isight to use what we already have."~ Mark Twain

proud2bme 11-27-2007 06:21 PM

One of my favorites is:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

angeline 11-27-2007 07:24 PM

Great quotes in this thread!

Here are two more...both from Helen Keller.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

(I tacked this up in my office after my last break-up (it was a doozy too). Sometime after I met the man who would become my husband.)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”

(I think it's so appropriate that Helen Keller would know this! It touches my heart.)

Clancy 12-21-2007 07:05 AM

My favorite quote is from Dr. Phil. He was talking about overeating at the time. "You are not four years old. You can tell yourself NO!"

Me23 01-30-2008 03:06 AM

A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water - anon

CapriPants 02-05-2008 12:06 PM

The one that keeps me going is...

"I no longer want to be the girl that has to wear sweat pants because nothing else fits"