3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Inspiring quotes from members (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/71418-inspiring-quotes-members.html)

NorthernChick13 10-29-2014 05:22 PM

LOVE this thread. I am unearthing it!!! Anyone got any new ones?!

PrimalPotential 12-22-2014 11:55 AM

Learn To Stop Listening To Yourself and Start Talking To Yourself

When you have those thoughts like "My weight has always been a struggle" or "its so hard for me to eat healthy" or "I have a crazy sweet tooth", stop listening to those thoughts. Immediately replace them with more useful thoughts like "I eagerly fuel my body with healthy foods", "Healthy foods satisfy me and make me feel amazing", "every day I am leaner and stronger"

You don't have to let those old tapes play in your head. Replace them. Learn to stop listening to yourself and start talking to yourself.

shannylove 05-24-2015 02:49 AM

wow I needed these today! I am someone that has to be really inspired emotionally to make changes in my life. I can't just want something, because I have wanted to be healthy and thin/fit for so long Im just used to it. But these quotes are amazing.

I especially like "If you love the results, learn to love the process" – Mel 3FC

so so so true.

FluffyFat 07-09-2015 10:07 AM

I once unearthed an old diet and beauty plan my mother had sent away for in 1942. It was full of good sound advice, from diet rules for healthy eating, to basic exercises, to how to put on lipstick. Throughout all the booklets was this mantra: Every day in every way, I'm getting better and better.

I also like the simplest one: Just do it.

Jacqui_D 07-09-2015 08:32 PM

I like the Henry Ford quote LilMama posted on page 3:

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

But the one that keeps me going is the one in my signature.

FluffyFat 07-12-2015 11:33 AM

Confucius say: To make great changes, start, and then continue.

Vickie Chickie 07-12-2015 02:21 PM

Saw this today on Mrs Snark signature line:

"Loving yourself is an act of will. It doesn't just happen, you have to choose it."

That's brilliant to me! I'm loving it.

Orange2 01-31-2016 11:22 PM

Don't delay or a year from now
you will wish you had started today.

Katz 02-26-2016 01:29 AM

Some Mark Twain quotes, kinda sarcastic, but I like them:

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

When people do not respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself.

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.

I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

And one from Winston Churchill

We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

JudyDietBuddy 09-20-2017 05:20 PM

Helpful! Thanks! <3

JudyDietBuddy 09-20-2017 05:22 PM

Great! Thanks!

JudyDietBuddy 09-20-2017 05:23 PM

I agree with what you wrote: "I associate thin with weak. I associate being large with being safe." Yes, getting stronger & fitter (while smaller) will combat those associations, which I also have. Thanks!

clem24 10-31-2017 11:07 AM

Nothing feels good like achieving the impossible.

Henrys 06-02-2018 09:24 AM

great stuff...thanks

Michellealderman 06-19-2018 09:14 AM

love this