Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-27-2004, 03:19 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Check-In 6/27-7/3

Hi all.

Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes! MIL may have a blood disorder, causing the strokes and the clots. They will run tests at the beginning of next week. She's been in pretty good spirits, so that is good.

I am doing better. Thanks for letting me vent. My high school friend is flying out tomorrow, so we're going to have some fun. Including a facial at a froo froo place on Monday. Oooo la la.

I'll do my best to check in this week, but time will be limited with her visit and our trip.

to you all!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:51 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Kat - glad things are a little better and that they're at least coming up with something that might be wrong with your MIL.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one for me. I am going down to the school on Wednesday to pick up my paycheck and start working on my classroom for next year. School starts REALLY early this year. We have to report Aug. 2 and I think the first day for students is Aug. 4. Also, Son is having his senior pictures taken on Thursday. I can't believe he graduates from high school this year!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #3  

Kat -- Glad they're getting to the bottom of what is causing your MIL's difficulties! Have fun with your friend getting the froo froo facials! I hope your trip home is a safe one!

Jennelle -- Wow! I can't believe it's time for you to start thinking about going back to work already! I've only had a week and a half off so I am so not ready to think about August yet. Our standardized testing scores should be back soon...probably while I'm out of town this week. Ugh.

Tracy, Skippy, and Chris -- Hi there!

We're getting some things done around here today to get ready to leave for the beach tomorrow. Woo-Hoo! We're so excited! The girls and I are doing "beach toes" later today to get our tootsies beautified. LOL We'll be coming home on Friday and I'll check in as soon as I can.

Oh...please keep my bestest friend in your prayers. She had gastric bypass last year and is in the hospital now with intestinal trouble. Not sure if it's scar tissue or her hernia that is causing the blockage, but she'll be having surgery today. Bless her heart, she's had so many health problems related to that surgery!

Hugs,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #4  

I have to make this quick, sorry, but I have a prayer request:
Please keep my family (especially my husband and his grandmother ) in prayer as we just found out that my husband's grandfather has left this earth today. We're very sad about it and my husband's grandmother is really going to need prayer! Thanks so much.

I'll be keeping you all in my prayers as well!

I probably won't be posting for a few days or so. Cya soon! oxo

skippy
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #5  

Default Quick update

Hi all,

I'm in Maine. My MIL passed away yesterday (before we made it home - we flew home as soon as we found out she had hours to live). She suffered another major stroke.

We are all devastated. I am holding onto HP and my program tightly.

Not sure when I'll have a chance to check in again but I wanted to update you all.

Skippy, sorry to hear of your loss.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #6  

My condolences to both Skippy and Kat.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #7  
Searching

Unhappy I am sorry to hear of everyone's loss

My cousin Richard past away the day I left to go to OK, so I ended up driving back up to AK to go to a funeral during my trip. Part of me wants to say whats going on. If anyone needs to vent or share memories please feel free. I am thinking of you all and sending prayers and thoughts where I can. God takes care of us all

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Oh my heavens. I'm so sorry to Kat, Skippy, and Chris!! I'm going to go pray right now.

treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #9  

Gracious, so much loss on the board!

It's nice to see you back, Chris.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #10  
Searching

Thank you Jenelle and Tracy,

I am just wondering where to start since there is alot of mourning here. What do we talk about? My experience, strength, and hope lies within accepting that I am having the day,the life, and the lessons God has planned for me. After visiting my family I know this is truer than ever

Chris
Old 07-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #11  

I just wanted to thank you guys for being here.

There's been some discussion about the movie "Super Size Me" on one of the other boards. Now, I HAVE seen it. I chose to because I wanted to speak intelligently about it, and I wanted to make up my own mind. (Many people who comment on it haven't seen it and are just barfing back what they've heard, but that's a whole 'nother subject.) There's been a semi-heated argument about what a "normal" American eats. I argued hard that people eat more than we realize. Then it finally hit me today: No, the disconnect is that I am NOT a "normal" American. I mean, when Morgan Spurlock puked up the supersize meal out his car window, I didn't find it particularly shocking; after all, doesn't everybody eat to the point of vomiting every now and then? Then I remembered, well, no, Jennelle, many people couldn't begin to fathom eating that much. And that's where the disconnect lies, and that's where you guys come in.

For a long time, I thought I was the only one who had these issues. I am in such a good place with food and life right now, and it's only because I had you guys to guide me through. Chris with her "I'm not gonna tell you you have a problem, but I do encourage you to take a good hard look at yourself." Kat and Elizabecca with their cheerleading. Ellis with that dry British wit. Every single one of you have held my virtual hand through this journey, and I love you all for it.

How amazing that a glowing box next to the washing machine could connect me with so much human kindness.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #12  
Searching

Okay Jenelle, now I have to see it (maybe we can go together if you want to come up for the OA conference next weekend ) Let me highly recommend Spiderman 2. I had a good long cry today while watching it and it was wonderful for me!

I want to share what my FP sponsor told me this morning:
Remember that by taking recovery actions you show yourself and the world there is hope...You don't simply carry the message...YOU ARE THE MESSAGE.

May God bless you and keep you.

You all hold my hand as well and for that I am grateful!

Chris
Old 07-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #13  

My son saw Spiderman 2 the day before it came out (he works at a movie theatre, where one of the perks is free pre-public screenings) and he absolutely LOVED it. He hasn't stopped talking about it. That's pretty impressive, because you know 17 year old boys aren't impressed with anything.

And, alas, Chris, there's no way I can make it to Omaha. There's a class I have to take that goes next Thursday, Friday, then Monday and Tuesday. We will be in KC for a family reunion, but it's gonna be a kamikaze run. We can't leave here until 5:00 on Friday at the earliest, and we have to be back in town on Sunday night. It's an eight hour drive. I'm getting too old for this poo-poo!
Old 07-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #14  

(((Skippy, Kat, and Chris))) -- We just got back in town a couple of hours ago. I am so, so sorry for your losses! I will pray for each of you. I'm no good with words at times like this, but know that you're being thought of in only the kindest, most loving way right now!

Jennelle -- I hope you're getting some relaxation time with all of this activity!

More later,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #15  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone - just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking of you. Kat, Chris, Skippy - you're still in my prayers.

I've had a horrible day, eating-wise. My trigger was being tired - that's the worst one for me. I didn't get to sleep until after 3:30 this morning because DS wouldn't let me - he's teething. I need to find another way to deal with that kind of fatigue. And our family beach trip is coming up on the 10th, which is always a week of binging - I'm looking forward to the trip, but I'm scared about it as well.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote