Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-01-2004, 11:51 PM   #1  

Default program

how do i decide if i would benefit from going to OA. once, many years ago I got all the info about meeting locations, went to a meeting and then felt overwhelmed and never went back. there seemed to be so much that i didn't understand about meetings and the 12 steps in general. i felt really silly being there and like an interloper of some kind.

i also think i saw a link here about OA online - is that right?

can anyone tell me how to get more information or do i need to just tough it out and attend more than one meeting.

thanks
misslily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

They say that you should attend six meetings before you make up your mind.

The OA online link is posted in our stickies (I think it's www.12step4coes.org.)
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:58 AM   #3  
Searching

Thumbs up Big HUG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslily
how do i decide if i would benefit from going to OA. once, many years ago I got all the info about meeting locations, went to a meeting and then felt overwhelmed and never went back. there seemed to be so much that i didn't understand about meetings and the 12 steps in general. i felt really silly being there and like an interloper of some kind.
Meetings can seem like alot to a newcomer unfamiliar with 12 step programs. Like Jenelle said attending 6 meetings and looking for the people that have what you want is the best way to find out if this program of recovery is for you. You do have options. The one piece of advice I tell people is don't look for the skinniest people, look for the happiest those are the people living the 12 steps in their lives.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote