Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 01:20 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekly Check-in thread: 5/31 - 6/5

It's almost June! Of course, June also means it's that much closer to my birthday. I cannot believe I will be 37 this year! Who in the **** decided it was such a great idea for me to be a grown up!

For everyone who has someone serving overseas (or anywhere, for that matter), I wish you a blessed and peaceful Memorial Day.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:46 PM   #2  
Searching

Happy Memorial Day to Everyone! And Happy Wedding Anniversary to Tracy

I have to work tonight so once again I am posting in a time crunch. Ellis how is your Dad today? I need to call and tell mine I appreciate him.

I love you all!
Chris
Old 06-01-2004, 12:16 AM   #3  

Default Quick check in before bed

I'm zonked! This 3 day weekend wore me out.

Today's BBQ was nice. I left feeling satisfied and not stuffed - something I would not have experienced pre-abstinence.

OK, tomorrow I am planning my first early walk. Wish me luck (getting my butt out of bed).

Night all!
Old 06-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #4  

i everyone. i am feeling hopeful today and am going to take it one day at a time. i am tempted to try a new diet program, but just for today will trust my body and eat only when hungry. i am also going shopping for some new size appropriate clothes after yoga class today.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #5  

Default Good afternoon

I am going to see Gremlins tonight in the theater. I think I've mentioned the theater before - it's where I saw Jaws, Terminator 2 (with James Cameron speaking afterwards), Casablanca, etc... It's a first run theater but also shows older movies with the director or writer speaking afterwards.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if I've ever seen all of Gremlins so it's a must (my husband and friends are horrified I haven't seen it all ).

Misslily: What kind of yoga do you take? Good job taking it ODAT!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 PM   #6  
Searching

Post Greetings

Hi everyone

Ellis is having some sensitive family problems go on right now, if ya'll would please keep her and hers in your prayers it would be much appreciated

Kat- You have never seen Gremlins? Which 80's did you grow up in

Miss Lily- YGG! Yoga is a wonderful way to be in touch with our bodies, minds, and spirits. Program, taking it ODAT, and God are the other ways. Trust is beautiful

Jenelle, Tracy, lurkers, front and center! How are you? Tracy how was yor anniversary?

I am doing well and definitely taking it one minute at a time.

Chris
Old 06-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #7  

Hey all!

(((Ellis))) -- Thinking of you, dear, and hope everything is better for you and your family soon!

Jennelle -- Gonna be 37, huh? You'll have to let us know when so we can send you some cyber birthday love! How's vacation? Eight more days with kidlets, two work days (although those don't actually COUNT), and then I'm free for awhile, too. Woo-Hoo! So looking forward to some time at home...

Tracy -- Happy anniversary! And, ewww, can't agree with you on the Peter O'Toole thing. I admire his talent, but for pure hunk factor, he just doesn't do it for me!

Chris -- Glad to hear you are doing well! Work and family treating you in an acceptable manner?

Kat -- I, too, am a little shocked you haven't seen Gremlins! A true 80's classic. The 80's...weren't they great? I love to watch that show on VH1..."I Love the 80's". My 10 yo will watch it with me sometimes and she's always like "You listened to that? You wore those? You thought he was cute?" Too funny. I remember when my mom was the age I am now and I thought she was totally lame. Yikes...am I lame now?! Hmmm...must try not to dwell on that!

Tonight was little daughter's last tee ball game so that's one more responsibility off my plate (so to speak) for awhile. It's been so hectic around here for so long I won't know what to do with myself when everything settles down again! Oh, I don't think I told y'all that I got an A in my first Master's class. Very proud and happy about that! It was definitely a grade I had to work hard to earn.

Hmmm...my thoughts (and post) are rambling. I'm going to sign off and settle in for some relaxing reading before bedtime. Have a great one, guys!

Later,
Christy
Old 06-01-2004, 11:38 PM   #8  

you guys, i had a fabulous day. thought it made sense to post about good things too huh? i basically had my own little spa day. funny, when i took the time to be great to myself, the eating took it's rightful place as a part of my life -- not the all consuming thing it had become. BTW, my goals are (1) to exercise 3-4 times/week (anything i want for as long as i want....not to the point of exhaustion or as punishment) (2) continue the geneen roth work, eat when hungry (nothing being off limits) and stop when full (3) say grace before i eat (4) do something nice for myself evey day.

this is how i did today

eating - great....ate only when hungry, stopped when full and even remembered to say grace before dinner.

exercise - 1 hour yoga class...KAT- i'm not 100% sure what type it is....i think it is called universal....not specifically hatha or ashtanga or bikram.
today it was a really restful, restorative class and yet challenging.

nice to me - it was all about me today. after yoga, i took the time to sit in the steam room, take a nice long shower, wash my hair, sit in a fluffy white robe and eat some fresh fruit for lunch, do my hair and finally dress in a cute outfit before getting on with the rest if my day. i also said no to some things i really didn't want to do and spent the time on myself shopping for some cute clothes that fit me now. although it was tough not to flinch buying clothes 1 or 2 sizes bigger, i discovered that i actually look slimmer in clothes that fit. also treated myself to some sunglasses and earrings (they always fit right ) i feel a whole lot better about myself when i take time with my appearance. BIG THANKS for the suggestion JENNELLE!

CHRIS - i have some questions to ask about program. i'll post about it seperately.

g'night
lily

Last edited by misslily; 06-01-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:34 AM   #9  

Smile

Miss Lily, That sounds great!! That was encouraging to read, I hope the rest of this week is great for you!

cyndi
Old 06-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #10  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Ah needs a nap. I ran out of my prozac about a week ago, and then dropped the empty bottle into my paint tray, so I wasn't able to call in for the refill since I couldn't read the script number. I just went yesterday while DH had Sarah, so I only had to wrestle with one babe while waiting. Can't wait to get my seratonin level back up! With me, it's not so much a mood thing, but it definitely affects my energy level. And with Matthew still waking up to nurse a lot at night, it really helps.

Lily - sounds like you had a fantastic day!! I hope that good feeling carries over into the rest of your week.

Ellis - lots of prayers for you and your dad. Update us when you can.

Kat - I thought Gremlins was kind of obnoxious, even by 80's standards. I'll look forward to hearing your take on it.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #11  

tracy - it takes a couple weeks to get your levels back up right? hang in there...can you sneek in a nap?

cyndi - thanks! i hope the rest of the week goes well too

i feel hopeful again today. i think putting myself first is the best thing. i had to make a difficult decision to stay connected with my family during a tough time through my prayers and by telephone rather than in person. i was truly exhausted and needed more sleep before going to a meeting at work later today. i must leave myself some time for a quick workout, an unhurried lunch and an important errand i have to run. i feel somewhat guilty, but i need to experiment with this. me first.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #12  

Smile

I've had a good day yesterday and today so far also. I got a step counter in the McDonald's go active adult Happy Meal (with the salad & water) and I started "finally" walking yesterday. It felt really good to do that. I'm planning to do it again today. It's my goal to start walking at least 5 days a week, and be consistent in it. I know it will make a difference in how I feel about myself.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

cyndi
Old 06-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #13  

Default Fly by post

I'll post more tomorrow or Friday. Today and tomorrow will be pretty swamped!

(I'll personally respond then, too )
Old 06-02-2004, 11:24 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be scarce for the next few weeks. My mom is coming in tomorrow, and we will be leaving for California on Saturday. We won't be back until the 21st.

Wish me love and luck in my recovery while dealing with my drama-rama family.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:26 AM   #15  

jennelle - have fun with your family. thanks for responding to my other posts. i'll try more meetings before making a decision either way.

cyndi - i have been curious about those step counters. when and where do you walk?

i had a pretty good day today. i overate at dinner (not sure why exactly) and am now feeling uncomfortable physically. it is tough dealing with slip-ups and mistakes while trying to figure this all out. i think i'll go take a bath. i need to unwind.
Closed Thread