Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-21-2004, 09:18 PM   #16  
Searching

Hi Everyone

I am here. I did not get the job I wanted. I had a feeling when it took so long. Right now I am just living in HP's tender care, feeling the feelings as they come along. I need Him and I need all you, this is hard. At the same time I know it is exactly what it is suppose to be.

Jenelle-Glad to hear you doing better. As soon as school is out you need a week at home treating yourself to spa care. I will look up some ideas. HAVE FUN AT YOUR MEETING

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #17  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to check in again...my daughter's birthday party is this evening...10 teenagers! They've finally quieted down and are watching a movie.

I wanted to add something to my food list; I also had a piece of birthday cake (1"x1"x3") and a half cup of cookies and cream ice cream. I felt strong in the face of it. When I was done, I didn't feel like bingeing...didn't feel guilty. Now, for me, this isn't abstinence (I'm supposed to not eat sweets at all) but I feel like it's a step in the right direction, considering the pig-fest I've been indulging in over the past few days.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi girls!

Chris, I'm so sorry about the job, sweetie. It just means it wasn't right for you, but I know that doesn't make it easier right now. love and hugs... xoxo

Tracy, I've got you on my prayer list. I'm sorry your friend has moved away, and I'll pray for your relationship with your DH.

Jennelle, so sorry you've been going through a rough time. Holding you in my heart, sweetie.

Kat, how is your MIL doing? Continuing prayers for all of you.

Wow... lots of nurturing required here lately, huh? Thank God for this forum and for you, sweet Chris.

I am doing great apart from the fact that I just loused up after my first week back on South Beach. I was doing so well, but I had a major breakdown this afternoon and bought a bag of bridge mix.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:22 PM   #19  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I didn't go to the meeting. I could give a whole lot of excuses, but I think the main reason is because I am scared. I am worried that I will get there and it won't be what I need. I am worried that I will get there and I'll have someone trying to push the HOW or the Grey Sheet on me. I am afraid to admit to my husband that I have a real problem.

There is another meeting I could go to tomorrow, but it's like 35 miles from my house. (Another excuse.) They also have a meeting on Mondays at noon. I can't go this Monday (that's my last day of work) but I could go next Monday.

I just need to get off my big ol' behind and do it!

In other news, I'm doing a great job of being abstinent today.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #20  

Default Morning ladies

Jennelle, have you found a new sponsor? I think you might be caught up in a vicious cycle until you find one. And we don't want that! Please keep checking in, we all care about you. And congrats on staying abstinent today!

Ellis, how about you and the sponsor thing? Ready for one yet? Put away that naughty bridge mix.

Chris, sorry about the job! I am sure it sucks. Good for you forletting HP take care of you instead of the food.

My MIL is doing better. She has switched rooms (a step up) at the hospital and her friends came to visit. Some of her therapies have started, too.

DH is home today (he's been swamped with work), so I think we're going to clean the apartment (haven't unpacked yet ), visit our local diner (my last day of coffee! Let the TTC begin!), and just hang out. I feel a cold coming on, so I am trying to avoid that.

Have a blessed day. It is one week until my OA birthday. That totally snuck up on me - it's so soon! Thanks HP!!!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:04 PM   #21  
Searching

Red face Good Afternoon

Hi Everybody!

I have been cooking since I woke up and I am soooooooo hot, I am sure the coffee doesn't help But I have my food plan complete, meals done, and I will try time to do prayers before I leave. Yesterday I ended up shutting the doors to my office and getting down on my hands and knees. It was very humbling for me. Also I have been reading about the ego. As soon as I figure out what I think I will let ya'll know. I didn't figure that I would find this so complex

Kat- One year! Thats a beautiful thing. I am so happy I found program. Maybe you could share your story here for your anniversary. Giving up coffee? TTC must be REALLY important Many prayers for you Kat

Jenelle- All this fear and anxiety over something you haven't even done yet? Give that to HP When you are ready you will go Last week of school? In 2 weeks you need to just come live with me for a week (you can clean while I am at work ) I would love to have you here they have such a wonderfully strong OA program in Omaha.

Ellis- I am going to call those bridge mix people and tell them absolutely no more distribution in Canada. I love you girl WAY more than that bridge mix can or ever will. But we have our slips, land on our feet, and keep plugging away

In fact that goes for all of us. We have a HP that can love us and carrry us through without the food (okay thats enough mush, I don't want to hear about how everyone is snubbing thier nose at me )

Have a great day!
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:02 AM   #22  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Ladies. Chris - I'm sorry about the job, but HP has something great in mind for you. Oh, and I started doing Yoga again in the past few weeks. Lovely stuff!!
Kat, I'm so glad your MIL is showing progress! I'll continue to pray for your family (my HP will talk to your HP ).
Jennelle - I understand all about making excuses. I am in no position to give advice, but I feel you...
Ellis - apparently, you've gotten all of us fixated on Bridge Mix. Thank you for your prayers! I'm committed to making myself happier if I can, and hopefully my relationship with DH will improve when I'm content with myself.

Have a good day, everyone!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote