Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #1  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Smile New weekly thread - 4/26

Hi womens. I had a good time at my mom's - yes Jodi, just send me your mom's address. If your mom can help watch my kids while we shop, I'm all over it!!

I did something to my right hip after a workout last week, which has me bummed. I'm still limping. It's getting progressively better, though. But I don't like not being able to exercise.

I'm reading The Purpose Driven Life, and it's helping me surrender my problems to my HP. (Christian in nature, though, for anyone who's not familiar.) I've gotten so wrapped up in my dramas lately, that I haven't seen the forest for the trees. It's a good book for pulling your head out of your ***. I'm not totally there yet, but I'm beginning to see the light!

Hope you lovely ladies are having a beautiful day!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:13 AM   #2  
Searching

Tracy- I haven't read the book. I did buy the journal for someone though. The first page says "I am not an accident" The person I bought it for I just want to tell her all the time, quit worrying god has a way and a purpose set before you, but we all hear that in our own time.

Food this weekend was good, little slip today, but I am keeping my abstinence. progress not perfection.

Try to BBL. Monday's are so busy
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies!

I let the scale piss me off this morning. It's my own fault. I stepped on it twice "just to make sure." I know better. I flipped it off, then took the first reading. I have to be verrrrrry careful about not slipping into scale obsession, but I still feel I need to weigh once a week. (and no more!)

I am feeling better...have been going to the gym three days a week and it's really helped.

School's out in 18 days. Thank God!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #4  

Default Glad we're back

Hi ladies,

Maybe we should set up a Yahoo email group for when the forum is suddenly down? Just use it for those "emergencies". What do you think?

I'm doing well. DH and I are going away Friday - Sunday and I'm counting down the days. His birthday is on Sunday and mine is in a week, so we're having a birthday trip.

Talk to you later...
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:53 PM   #5  

hello everyone

tracy glad you had a good time with your mom. actually i did something nice with mine over the weekend too she had a good time and was very nice so i'll keep her for now. thanks for the offer.

countdown to the weekend for me too kat may 1st opens our official camping season and i can spend some much needed time relaxing on the weekends at our little camper. not exactly a romantic birthday get away but i'll take what i can get. as long as the rain holds off here that is. you have a great time!!!!

jennelle i have a bad scale like that also, playing games with me. darn thing makes me 5lbs lighter some days just so i'll step back on for confirmation and get pissed off when the number changes. so you flipped it off huh? well i guess that is less painful than kicking it. hang in there girl!!

hi chris
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, darlin's! Must get to the gym... back later.
xoxo
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #7  

Default Today's Meditation

Whether the parenting we received was good, bad, or indifferent, the
responsibility for our lives is now ours.

As we unravel the tangled skeins of our obsession with food and diets, we
may be tempted to look for a convenient hook on which to hang the problem.
Parents often seem to be the most readily available receptacles of blame for
whatever malfunctioning we exhibit. When it comes to eating disorders,
mothers are particularly vulnerable to complaints.

Since none of us exists in a vacuum, it's true that our family system plays
a crucial role in the attitudes and behavior we develop. Examining our
feelings about food and our individual eating patterns, we can begin to
identify and understand how they have been influenced by the kind of
parenting we had.

Understanding is the first step toward loosening the cords and laying to
rest old conflicts and hurts. Blaming and complaining are not routes toward
recovery. Forgiveness and tolerance are. As adults, we become responsible
for ourselves and for our own parenting.

Today, I will be my own best parent.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #8  

Default Where is everyone?

Well, I'm annoyed with myself. I totally forgot to pay my car's registration and it's months late. I don't remember seeing it in the mail and am having the hardest time finding out wht to do on the DMV website. Grumble.

Otherwise, having a good day.

Hope to see some posts - where is everyone?
Old 04-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #9  

Howdy, Katgirl!
I will be back... I've been out all day, and I'm just trying to focus.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #10  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Ladies. I'm here, enjoying the wonderful weather with the kids. Hoping to get some quality sleep tonight. My life is so boring.

My hip is still bugging me, so I haven't been able to exercise in a week. It's slowly getting better. I've always wondered how much I would weigh with the COE if I didn't exercise - I'm afraid I'm about to find out.

Sorry about your DMV troubles, Kat. Hope you can handle it through the mail.

Take care, everyone!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #11  

Default TGIF, well, sorta

Hi all,

Tomorrow I am taking off for our weekend get-a-way, so I am having TGIF feelings today.

Yesterday I experienced a lot of anxiety - over the car junk plus some other things. I worked my program, though, and didn't eat over it. Wasn't easy but I am celebrating my 11th abstinent month today and am very grateful.

Ellis, get back in here!

Tracy, sorry to hear about your hip. Hope it's feeling better.

Anyone else out there?

I'll be gone until Sunday so I may not have a chance to check in until Monday. Have a beautiful weekend!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #12  

Okay, okay, I'm here! Hang on, and I'll write something.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:04 PM   #13  

Tracy, so sorry about your hip, hon.

Kat, that doesn't sound like you! I thought you were so organized! I hope you got it all sorted out.

Jodi, your Mom was NICE?!?! Don't let her catch you off guard!

Jennelle and Chris, how are you, darlings?

Okay, ***** session. No need to read any further, girls.
I am SICK and TIRED of working out and NOT losing any weight! I've actually GAINED a couple of pounds this week! I've been working out with my wonderful trainer for about 8 weeks now, and I KNOW there's a ton of muscle under this layer of fat, but I can't see it, and I am PISSED!!
I know I should be eating better, but I'm not eating any worse than I was before. And I'm drinking tons of water. And I have a heel spur, and the pain is dragging me down, and I've just started new meds this week (yeah, I know... it's like the freakin' twilight zone. Didn't you start new meds LAST week, Ellis?!?!), and I'm sick and tired of trying to pull myself together mentally and physically. And I love my trainer, but he's under the impression that getting fit and eating healthy will mean that I'll no longer need meds, and if he says that one more freakin' time, I'm going to say, "Look buddy! Are you going to be responsible when I jump out a window or slash my wrists?!" Crikey. Yeah, I know that some people don't "need" the meds, but some of us rely on them for survival.

THERE! I posted, Kat!
Sorry about that...
Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #14  

Ellis! I'm glad you posted. Throw out that scale if it bugs you so much. Why the scale lies Be proud that you've stuck with working out so long. Yay you!

I am decently organized but I definitely have my moments. It's a definite personality defect. I'm really organized at work, etc..., but can be a big ol' butthead in everyday life sometimes.

Doing laundry for my trip right now. Jealous?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #15  

Thank you, sweet Kat. I needed to read that article.

Have a wonderful weekend!