Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:35 PM   #31  

Oh, I forgot to mention that not only did I get a really nice weight loss compliment today but I am also fitting into a size smaller in pants (went shopping). That was a nice boost in self-esteem. My weight loss has been so slow, it is by the grace of HP that not only have I continued to lose but have accepted this slow weight loss. Thanks HP.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

Smaller pants!! yip yip, Kat!!
How's your DH's new job going?

Jennelle, what a revelation! I'm so glad for you.

Jodi, we do not wish to know about your car taking a dump.
Do we have the same mother?

You're scaring me with your car stories, girls. Sounds like we all need to get together and hit a bank. Will mine be the next to go?

Tracy, I hope things are going better with your DH.

Chris, how about you? Are things okay with you two? Do you have any new pics for us?

Angi, of COURSE it's "all about you"! I'd feel the same way, my dear. We can all be terribly sensitive at times... we're only human. Speaking of which, the Dalai Lama is in town. I wish I were going to see him... I guess I'll just have to pull myself together all by myself.

If I get bored in a few minutes, I may start a book/film thread...
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #33  

Ellis, glad you posted a longer post.

DH's job is going awesome. He is very busy but it's a fun job. He's met several actresses and actors, etc...

We're going away next weekend for a long weekend (our birthdays are 3 days a part, so it's a birthday weekend). He cleared it with work so I'm psyched.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:40 PM   #34  

Oh, that's so nice that you can share your birthdays! I'm glad his job is going well. Listen, I'm getting pretty anxious for you to get pregnant. It's this summer, right?
We will have a birthing thread, and share horror stories with you.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #35  

LOL, Ellis, you scare me.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #36  

hello everyone,

not a whole lot going on here this evening, we took the boys out to dinner and then went to visit my parents for a little bit. we are now sitting here waiting for dd to get home from a school dance so dh and i can go out for a bit and have a little alone time.

kat so glad dh is loving the new job so far, romantic weekend away lucky you. don't forget ellis is tapping her foot waiting for a new baby you don't want to disappoint her

ellis it is quite possible we have the same mom, i think she was possibly cloned cause alot of people tell me she is just like theirs

angi hope you get feeling better soon!!

hi chris sorry about dh's car, hope you are doing better!!

to everyone else hello and have a great weekend!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #37  
Searching

I have so much to tell you all! Hold me to it. See you tommorow afternoon. I can't believe I am topic leader at tommorows meeting :P ODAT!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Chris
Old 04-24-2004, 07:05 AM   #38  

That's right, Chris. Leave us waiting with baited breath...

Jodi, isn't it GREAT having a daughter old enough to babysit!?
Old 04-24-2004, 07:27 AM   #39  

yep, she sure keeps these boys in line. she has quite the future ahead of her!!! the bast part is she doesn't mind watching the boys at all. well at least for now.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:13 PM   #40  

Default Good morning

Chris, you tease!

I just woke up and finished the book I've been reading. It's part of a series of seven (it was the third) and the fourth has yet to be published. So I'll have to wait patiently.

I am going to have a small snack and workout. DH is still in bed - he had a long week. Once he's up, off to our diner we will go. I'm not sure what else we're doing. Maybe go to a park and read.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by KatSLP; 04-24-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #41  
Searching

Smile Good Afternoon

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was good for me and I went to therapy for the 1st time Thats my big news. But we have a therapy goal, and that makes me feel hopeful So thats it. I thought I would gush a bit more, but hmmm not really

My topic this morning was Acceptance was the Answer (pg. 417 of the Big Book) and the last paragraph of Step 2 in the 12 and 12 which talks about "willingness to act in faith". When I think about it, its like the long version of the serenity prayer. "Taking this world as it is, and not as I would have it, as He did." Something like that. Makes me alot more laid back, today will be exactly what it is suppose to be

Kat- Thats the one thing I sometimes hate about series books, they are a practice in patience. We would have liked to go to the zoo today, but in Omaha it is a drizzily, rainy, cold mess so enjoy your outdoors time

Jodi- How was the date? Do anything fun?

Ellis- Scary birthing stories for Kat I think it makes a nice title Here's a Dahlai Lama like truth, "You can only fix you" Besides which parts are broken?

Angi- Yeah I think sponsors don't tough love people by ignoring them, there must be something going on. By the way! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Living one day at a time,
Chris
Closed Thread