Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 11:17 PM   #1  

I have been bulimic for almost 15 years. I had it kicked once- or so I thought. I went 5 yrs with no binging and it was the best 5 years of my life!!! I want to be binge free again. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I am so out of control theese days. I will be fine for 3 days and then I am stuffing myself. IT is the same pattern over and over.
Old 04-19-2001, 04:31 PM   #2  

stephielou,
hi, I just read your post today. I don't know how I missed it. Wow, you have been battling this for so long. I've only been going through it a little over a year and its been sooo hard on my body(and mind). All I can suggest is psycological therapy. My Dr. said that's really the only treatment. I haven't gone yet, I do plan on it though. It's hard to start but I think if I can just get there the first time it will get easier after that. Other than that just come here anytime, its nice to know that you're not alone. I know I've done much better since I've started talking about my problem here. I have a ways to go but I am optimistic.
How did you stop the first time? Five years is a long time. I know you can do it again. Please let us know how you are.
Old 04-20-2001, 11:48 PM   #3  

stephielou,

Hi, I don't know if you have read any of my posts but I am having a similar problem. I had been 5 years with out binging or purging. I suggest getting professional help. It really helped me out a lot. I am seeing a counselor now and I am finding a new way to get a grip on life. Not so much control it but just how to deal with it. If you need to vent or chat feel free. It always makes me feel better. We are all here to help each other. Post again so we can see how you are doing.

Love and Prayers

Old 04-21-2001, 08:23 AM   #4  

HI GUYS! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.I MADE IT 13 DAYS B/P FREE. I WAS DOING SO GOOD UNTIL I HAD A BAD DAY AT WORK. THE ONLY WAY I KNEW TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER WAS WITH FOOD!!! DUH- ONLY WORKED FOR THE MOMENT. BACK TO DAY 2 AND I ALREADY FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO BE STRUGGLING ALL DAY TODAY. I LOKED IN THE PHONEBOOK FOR COUNCELORS YESTERDAY. I'VE BEEN THROUGH 3 ALREADY. I GUESS I JUST DON'T GIVE THEM ENOUGH TIME. I DON'T KNOW ALL I WANT TO DO IS CRY. I KNOW I AM MAKING EVERYONE CRAZY.
Closed Thread