Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 PM   #16  
Searching

Jenelle- I tell people if they want to see my unmanageable life come take a look at my dresser Give those resentments to God, he(she, it) can handle it!

Miss Chris
Old 01-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #17  

Jennelle - It won't open for me, now, either! It was a cute clip with the Peanuts gang dancing to the Outkast song. Very cute!

Chris - Glad your party went well and that the pity party was interupted by HP guidance!

OK, I have cleaned 2 showers now. Going to tackle the kitchen soon. DH is getting me some coffee. I also went to an online meeting this morning. I love the internet.

Ellis and Christy - we miss you!
Old 01-25-2004, 03:30 PM   #18  

Default I'm here...

sittin' in my jammies...watching it snow/sleet/freezing rain. Can you say three day weekend?!? It's looking like no school tomorrow for this gal and her kidlets. Woo-Hoo!

Chris -- Glad your party went well! I can't wait to see your pics. If I knew how to get one on here I would post one of me...on second thought...maybe not. I do like putting a face with the posts though. Even more evidence of my nosiness

Did you get your dresser cleaned off? I love cleaning out and organizing stuff! It really gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

Kat -- Two showers? You deserve a cup of coffee! I'd rather clean toilets than showers for some reason. My girls are getting old enough now that I have them clean their own bathroom. They are less than thrilled by this little responsibility!

I wish your link worked! I love that song!

Jennelle -- You really should invest in some nice bedroom furniture. It makes it so much nicer to have that room as a little haven for you and your hubby! I'm feeling your pain about those extra at home hours! It seems like that happens every year after the initial glow of the possibilities and plans gives way to the day to day reality. (((hugs))) and prayers for you to find the willingness to do what you've got to do!

Ellis -- That's one mighty long cup of coffee, girl! Hope to hear from you soon!

I'm feeling chatty! Have we talked yet today about how stupid this disease is? At lunch earlier I had finished my yummy spinach salad, some tuna with a little mayo, and my allottment of crackers. I was perfectly satisfied until I went back in to straighten up the kitchen. As I was putting the wheat thins back in the cabinet, I found myself wanting just one more so badly I could have cried. For heaven's sake, it was a CRACKER! Not a hunk of cheesecake or slice of pizza or <insert past indulgence here>. I didn't eat anymore, but it kind of left me shaking my head in disbelief. What kind of insanity was that?

I've also noticed that even though I am not eating as much food or bingeing anymore, I still think about food a lot. I think about how what I am eating is good for me and isn't it wonderful that it's so much less than before? Or I'm thinking about what I don't eat anymore and will I be able to keep it up? Yep, I'm powerless. That's for dang sure. Does this lessen with time? Am I doing something wrong or is this just another stage in recovery? Sigh...curious. I keep giving it to God, but I always seem to find another piece of it I had hidden in my pocket or something. At least I'm not eating this though. Right?

Love ya,
Christy
Old 01-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #19  

OK, one huge kitchen cabinet down (sheesh - I actually had 2 boxes of Rice-a-roni in there that expired in 1998!!! How the heck did that get by a COE?! ). Still working on the kitchen counters, etc...

Jennelle: I am so going to be delegating the cleaning responsibilities when I have kids. That's what they're for, right?

I think the obsession lessens as our abstinence increases. I still have temper tantrums in my head about wanting to eat such and such, even if I'm not hungry. Since I do not limit my food choices, I will plan to have a treat or what I crave at a time when it is more appropriate (when I am hungry, when the food is not an obsession in my head, etc...). So far, so good.

I have found, though, that my obsessions over what ever have been almost lifted. If I catch myself obsessing over fill in the blank , I give it up to HP. She takes care of my needs. Might take a few "Hey, I need help"s, but it always works in the end. What a blessing!

We need a frame for our bed. When we moved to our new apartment (yes, we have 2 bathrooms in an apartment - it's awesome), we got rid of our crappy frame. But we have yet to replace it. It's definitely a goal.

I would post a recent picture of me but it looks like I can only link one,not upload one. I don't have a website (yet - I plan to once we are pregnant, which will hopefully be this year ).

OK, break time almost over.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

The trouble with coming in late is that I have to go back and read two pages of chatty posts. (that was a joke... don't get your knickers in a knot)

Okay, I'll let you in on a secret. When I'm not around much, it's because I'm eating badly. Chips and chocolate today. When is this cold weather going to BREAK!?

BTW, where is Sarah?

Kat, four compliments! How lovely... there's nothing like that for a pick-me-up. Size 8!? You skinny minny, you! You're doing so well!
How's your cold, hon? Are you getting lots of rest?
Oh, and when you have kids... good luck getting them to clean.

Christy, when you've finished your nails, could you please come and chip off the remainder of my summer toe-nail polish? Otherwise I'll have to wait for it to grow out.
I can relate to your eating story. I usually do what Jennelle suggested... stand/sit around with a drink in my hand. I actually have difficulty eating in public. I'm convinced that everyone is looking at me and thinking, "Look at that fat girl... she's EATING!" Plus I'm a great one for spilling stuff down the front of my clothes, so... So what do I do? I go HOME and eat. A LOT! Sick.
You know... I remember that with "drinking", too. I'm not a big drinker, but until I was 21, I didn't even drink wine! I'd drink ginger ale, and people would tease me. WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE TO CRITICIZE!?!?
I hope you get tomorrow off!

Chris, what size are you wearing right now? Did you find something to wear to the party? Oh, wait... I'm just reading down the posts... okay, what did you wear on the bottom? Or did you just wear the cute sweater? Yes! Pictures, please!

Jennelle, next time you get bedroom furniture, get a "high" dresser instead of a "long" one. You won't be able to store so much junk on it.
My DD has finished her exams, and she's got Monday and Tuesday off this week. I'm just picturing her poor teachers sitting before stacks and stacks of exam papers.

I had a good visit with my dear Dad this morning. He's having his monthly blood transfusion tomorrow, and a friend is going to take him curling on Tuesday if he's up for it. I hope he's able to... he NEEDS to get out and do SOMETHING!
My DD and my Mom spent the weekend sewing. DD came home with a fabulous fake-fur purse and a skirt made out of a beautiful Indian sari.

I just had a nap. Does anyone else here need naps?
How about peri-menopause? Night sweats. I'm not getting enough sleep!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #21  

Hi Ellis!

I thought I'd stop in - I am catching my second online meeting today. Anyway, I was thrilled to see you had posted, Ellis.

Sorry you were having trouble with food today. Was it just a junk food choice or a break-abstinence choice? Which ever it is, it's now a new moment! One second at a time.

I'm not a size 8 now. Just my goal size. I am short, so it's a healthy size for me to be.

I am done cleaning for the day. I also hung up some new pictures that we received during the holidays. The apartment is slowly coming together.

I hope everyone is well. I've been a chatty Kat this weekend.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

Sorry, Kat... I didn't read your post properly. Size 12 is GREAT!
Enjoy your meeting, hon!
Closed Thread