Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 08:40 PM   #1  

hi,
welcome to this forum!!
it used to be a very busy place, with tons of support.
it is very hard struggling with an eating disorder, and its great to have a place to share.
i will check in more often to respond to your posts , so please feel free to share your journey.

i have been dealing with compulsive/binge eating for a long time.
these past few mths have been relatively binge free for me as i am finally learning that alot of my issues were related to living up to society's image of how i "should" look.
it has taken me a really long time to realize that im ok, just as i am.
that it is possible to be beautiful at a weight that is higher than the media tells me and all of us we have to be to be attractive.
good luck on your recovery and please post again.
love, wendy
Old 03-24-2001, 08:42 PM   #2  

my last post was for hazelangel
wendy
Old 03-26-2001, 06:00 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome. It is hard for me to talk to people about my disorder because not a lot of people understand. They think you can just stop at any time. Like I said I have been out of treatment for 5 years but I still deal with it every single day. I have long term side effects from my disorder. My esophagus is stretched out from purging. I have had ulcers and intestinal problems from constant laxative abuse. My husband tells me I look good but I have a hard time believing him. Society has plagued women and I think it is terrible. I have 2 beautiful little girls and I am dreading when they get older and start worrying about their weight and image. I try to keep my comments to myself and not talk about my weight and worries in front of them. I don't want them to fall into this trap too soon. I know I can't shield them from everything but I don't want to be the cause of their body image problems. I want them to have a strong positive outlook. I am so glad I stumbled onto this site. I feel I belong here. Thanks guys.
Closed Thread