Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #1  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Default herbal tea

Hi ladies,

Back from a hiatus I have been perusing the boards the past couple of days. I would say I qualify as an overeater. Dang it. Any how--a few weeks ago my acupuncturist, who knew I was trying to get my mind to the place it needs to be to lose some weight, suggested Health King Sugar Controller Tea. He said he has a weakness for sugar too & this tea seemed to help curb his cravings. He even gave me a few bags to try. (I have the best acupuncturist ) I tried it, thought...mmmm....maybe...& went ahead and ordered 4 boxes from Amazon. I don't know if it really works or it's a placebo but regardless I am finally off sugary treats for now. I was on box #2 before I even tried to stop the treats & so far I have been feeling pretty good about it, not as tempted as usual & no cravings. I haven't been in control of my sugar weakness for some time so I thought I'd share in case it might help anyone else. Not a paid promotion of any kind . Let me know if you try it or have tried it & have any luck.

Last edited by mamajones; 09-17-2017 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fat fingers
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #2  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Welcome back to the forums.

I'll look for that tea. thanks for suggesting it. Do you drink it often? Until it's pretty cold I prefer room temp tea. Is it ok at room temp?

I've been using Laci Le Bleu in Apricot. I've also tried the lemon one. They also help curb the cravings.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:44 PM   #3  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Yes! I do drink it often. I usually make a cup by lunch - I have a hot water kettle & heat the water to 160 - then drink it either hot or room temp. Sometimes I leave my cup before it's done & never hesitate to drink it when I return to it. I don't drink it cold either. Hot or room temp. Then I simply refill my cup w/hot water & continue to use the same bag until it's lost it's flavor--2 or 3 cups. I drink water & hot tea throughout the day so I may go through 1 or 2 bags of this and 1 bag of green tea for example, just depending. I will look up the ones you suggested too. Are they very fruity? I really don't have much of a taste for fruity teas. I like them very simple & plain but am always looking for suggestions.
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:34 AM   #4  

I love herbal teas and I really believe they can be useful in curbing cravings, although it depends on the person to person. But to be honest, i don't like the commercial ones sold on Amazon etc. i like to prepare my own. Dr. Sharol has shared some excellent recipes on her blog.
sarah091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:51 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajones View Post
Hi ladies,

Back from a hiatus I have been perusing the boards the past couple of days. I would say I qualify as an overeater. Dang it. Any how--a few weeks ago my acupuncturist, who knew I was trying to get my mind to the place it needs to be to lose some weight, suggested Health King Sugar Controller Tea. He said he has a weakness for sugar too & this tea seemed to help curb his cravings. He even gave me a few bags to try. (I have the best acupuncturist ) I tried it, thought...mmmm....maybe...& went ahead and ordered 4 boxes from Amazon. I don't know if it really works or it's a placebo but regardless I am finally off sugary treats for now. I was on box #2 before I even tried to stop the treats & so far I have been feeling pretty good about it, not as tempted as usual & no cravings. I haven't been in control of my sugar weakness for some time so I thought I'd share in case it might help anyone else. Not a paid promotion of any kind . Let me know if you try it or have tried it & have any luck.
thanks for sharing, will look for this.
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 2??/2??/160

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Hi ladies,

Interesting!
StarAnise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #7  

Even though I recommit to diet/exercise/health in the beginning of the year, it takes me about a month to get going. I'm now back on track and ready to go.
SilvanaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #8  

Welcome Back!

Wow sounds like just what I need to stop my snacking and relentless/unforgiving sweet tooth.

I'll definitely check it out, thank you sooo much for posting about this!
lilgreekthot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravani View Post
My favorite basic herbal teas are chamomile and spearmint.

Chamomile has a nice apple-like flavor. Spearmint has a sweeter/softer mint flavor, compared to peppermint which is a little more "spicy"/menthol-y.

Hibiscus is another herbal tea that is strong and very tart in flavor; you might like this blended with other ingredients (to balance the tart) or by itself.
Well, I stick to my green tea. They are really nice imo.
johnkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #10  

Used to take regular cups of green tea on daily basis to cut down my evening calorie intake. Is green tea the best thing I can find out there?
SirMoatshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

I admit, I've replaced part of my food habit with a tea habit. After7pm, want a snack? Have a cup of tea! Want dessert? Tea! Seconds? Tea! Bored? You guessed it; tea!

my preference is plain black tea, orange pekoe etc. The one nod is in the evenings I make a pot of something decaffeinated.

I find just putting something warm in my belly helps cut down on the cravings immediately.
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:25 PM   #12  

Herbal tea is good i also like to keto protein
Sheda095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #13  

Herbal tea is best to drink the evening
ks1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #14  
Saile

S/C/G: 116\100\84\80

Height: 1,78

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi ladies,

saile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #15  
Saile

S/C/G: 116\100\84\80

Height: 1,78

.Undoubtedly, resisting the temptations of treats is not easy for anyone, it takes focus and willingness to reach the goals. I need this courage to change. I saw a few days ago a tip but I don't know if it really works if you can help me thank you.
saile is offline   Reply With Quote