Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 6"

Don't recommend going out and contracting the flu, but it has helped me string together many nights free of nighttime eating. Trying for anyone tonight.

How is everyone doing? TripSwitch, Scaletosser, Jacqui D? Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

Last edited by buckeyegal; 06-28-2015 at 06:14 PM.
buckeyegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #32  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal View Post
Don't recommend going out and contracting the flu, but it has helped me string together many nights free of nighttime eating. Trying for anyone tonight.

How is everyone doing? TripSwitch, Scaletosser, Jacqui D? Come out, come out wherever you are!!!
Hi buckeyegal ... I've just had a few really stressful days... I started the Ideal Protein diet on Wed... And then on Thursday afternoon my brother wound up in the hospital for a few days... It's a long story, but he's home now... It might be Lyme related they're not sure yet, so he still has to go for more tests... Anyway it was all pretty scary actually... and somehow I pretty much managed to stay on plan... Just ate some extra packets... And considering how upset I was I think that's pretty amazing...

So I'm pretty wiped out still... I mean I must have spent at least a total of 24 hours from Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon at that hospital with him... I'm hoping I can get to bed early tonight... I did eat some extra dinner protein tonight and I'll have another IP packet if I want later... But like I said hopefully I'll be asleep...

I'll just keep trying to do my best...

And as I like to say... "Rome wasn't built in a day..."

Although I also like to add to that... "But it burnt in one..."
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #33  

Hey TripSwitch....sorry about your brother and the ensuing stress for everyone involved. Glad he's out of the hospital and hopefully tests will confirm a diagnosis and treatment.

Great you were able to stay on plan during this ordeal. Read a little about the Ideal Protein diet. Good move to get a counselor/coach and move forward to your goal. You are so close now and could be at goal very soon. And you can get help maintaining. Great!

Rest up and stay strong.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #34  

Checking in....July 1....another month gone and little progress. Didn't gain, but didn't lose either. On plan for several days, then off-plan eating negates the good days.

Gotta string together a meaningful amount of on-plan days and weeks to get me motivated to do this.

I am posting my S/C/G weights. Guess I can't put a ticker on for a while until I have a certain amount of posts. Seeing the numbers will make me really see the numbers!!! Hopefully they will move downward.

Be back tomorrow.

264/264/150
Old 07-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #35  
Heading Downtown...

Just got the scale to start moving in the right direction... And of course now I want to eat everything in site... I may have shrunk a few billion fat cells... But boy oh, boy are they ever still HUNGRY! Lol...

So even though I just ate a bunch of things not on my plan... I didn't overeat... the switch was just about to flip... And somehow I just knew I was about to start stuffing my face with everything in site... But I STOPPED

I swear sometimes I think I need to go off and live in a cave... Well, as long as it doesn't have a kitchen...
Old 07-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #36  

CONGRATULATIONS, TripSwitchYou did it!!! Got to goal---even went a bit further!!!!!

So happy for you!

264/264/150

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #37  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, TripSwitchYou did it!!! Got to goal---even went a bit further!!!!!

So happy for you!

264/264/150
Thanks!

I decided this morning that I was DONE... and even if I'm still a few lbs "overweight" by the BMI... I just don't care anymore...

So after earning my 60lb weight loss badge yesterday with my Fitbit I decided that was "good enough"...

If I lose a few more lbs great... But if not, that's OK too...

I'm going to put my energy back into getting back in shape and just let go of making myself so crazy with the scale...
Old 07-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #38  

Smart thinking,TripSwitch. I agree with you. Numbers and scales can drive you crazy which can drive you to eat off plan. Eat healthy, keep the nighttime eating in check and live! Good for you!!!!!

I have strung several days of keeping my nighttime eating to zero. Daytime, no problem; nighttime, big problem. I'm proud of myself and found the courage to get on the sale again. 3# down. More motivation to keep on plan.

Was given a gift card to Cheesecake Factory for my b-day. Used it this weekend. They have a Skinnylicious menu with menu items labeled 490 cal and 590 cal. Got a wonderful chopped chicken salad with Skinnylicious vinaigrette.

Somebody tried to walkout without paying and we had a floor show! Saw the arrest. Much excitement so totally forgot about the cheese cake!

Hang in there, TripSwitch. Stay strong.

264/261/150
Old 07-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 194/191/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Want to stop the Night Eating!!!

Yes!! am a "nighttime eater"!!! And mostly eat healthful foods - but still.. too many calories and too many "meals" keep the weight on. Live in small apartment now and keeping out of galley kitchen not realistic (my computer on table 5 feet from pantry). But will keep trying. Trying for a 2 day protein shake fast to get back in stride. (home made with berries, almond milk, whey powder, greens powder and chia seeds). iT IS 6pm and family stoppin by - grand kids will bring sushi and I will make them a peach shake (have unsweetened coconut milk in fridge too). If I go to bed by 11 - that will help. and.. NO nuts (a healthful but binge food for me).

Will log in Wednesday and say how I have done. Am 74 and want to get back in decent enuff shape to start taking easy hikes in the Fall !!!

PS am a TOPS member too (like weight watchers but cheap - as it is non-profit)
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #40  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
Yes!! am a "nighttime eater"!!! And mostly eat healthful foods - but still.. too many calories and too many "meals" keep the weight on. Live in small apartment now and keeping out of galley kitchen not realistic (my computer on table 5 feet from pantry). But will keep trying. Trying for a 2 day protein shake fast to get back in stride. (home made with berries, almond milk, whey powder, greens powder and chia seeds). iT IS 6pm and family stoppin by - grand kids will bring sushi and I will make them a peach shake (have unsweetened coconut milk in fridge too). If I go to bed by 11 - that will help. and.. NO nuts (a healthful but binge food for me).

Will log in Wednesday and say how I have done. Am 74 and want to get back in decent enuff shape to start taking easy hikes in the Fall !!!

PS am a TOPS member too (like weight watchers but cheap - as it is non-profit)
offthewall ...

Sending you to stay strong and stay on plan for tonight...

PS... I've never been to a TOPS meeting, but I do have their latest book (the spiral-bound one...) and I really like their food exchange cards... It's funny, I've done every diet known to man... And I've only just recently discovered those... Lol... My problem is I always want to make things more complicated than they need to be... Especially, when it comes to losing weight!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #41  

Welcome offthewall!

Hope TripSwitch's Will Power Dust helped you last night. Could use some of that myself.

I was a member of TOPS some years ago. We had a weekly evening weigh-in and meeting. Kinda the poor man's Weight Watchers. Had some success. What drove me away was that most of the ladies went out as a group to eat after the meeting. And it was not on-plan foods. I was not a team player because I did not join in and eventually left the group.

I believe that nighttime eating is a habit. A hard one to break, but breakable. I try not to go into the kitchen after dinner.

Hope everyone stays strong and keeps their kitchens closed for the night.

264/261/150
Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 194/191/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you!!! "Will Power Dust" worked!!! Yay!! No night eating last 2 days while on my protein shake "fast" (around 700 cal/day). Tiny bit cheating yesterday at 4PM on 1/2 oz peanuts and 10 cherries. Feel better emotionally, if not so physically yet. Will do the "fast" 2 days each week for rest of summer.
My TOPS group is pretty good - NO going out to eat after meetings. We did go out for a Holiday dinner in December and most did "pig out" - but... I really have to look at my own plate!! also, TOPS lets everyone follow their own eating plan, as long as it is "sensible" (no cookie diets).
So... feel am off to a good start and will try to stop all food after 8PM. Bev
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #43  

Good for you Bev! I know I feel a great sense of hopefulness when I string together days of staying on plan and no nighttime eating. Keeps me motivated.

Hang in there!!!

264/261/150

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-09-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #44  
Heading Downtown...

buckeyegal...

Sending you some too...
Old 07-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #45  

Thanks, TripSwitch! Got it, sprinkled it all over myself and it worked. Will apply it nightly!!!!

Hope you are sticking to your plan of putting your energy into getting back in shape and have tossed the scales to the back of the closet (not to the curb--we do need to weigh-in on occasion).

How are you doing offthewall with your protein shake "fast"?

264/261/150