Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #16  
Mindful eating for life

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'5

Here I sit with my cup of decaf coffee as I've found it can help stave off the after dinner snack attacks! Although I do usually allow myself a small snack before bed (as long as its on plan), tonight I sucked it back waaay too early. So coffee it is but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I'm done for tonight although I may have to go to bed really early to make sure I stick to this pledge, lol!
Scaletosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #17  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

cooler! why didn't I think of that BuckEyeGal?

I will plan out a snack and drinks, cut in tiny pieces to savor, and store in a cooler. Prepare savory snacks and drinks for the evening first, THEN clean kitchen. Otherwise I'll be drinking milk at 10pm.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #18  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Cool

I am happy to report that the KITCHEN IS NOW CLOSED

Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone...

buckeyegal that's a good idea for staying out of the kitchen... I'm glad to hear you had a nice Father's Day lunch with your family... I had a very nice day too with my Dad and my younger brother... unfortunately, my Mom passed away back in 2013 so it's just us now... We had lunch too and I'm happy to report that I stayed relatively on plan even though I was tempted to do the old "Oh, I'll just start again on Monday..." Well.. we all know how that usually goes...lol...

And this actually made me a little excited.... My younger brother could easily stand to lose 50 lbs, but he has never really shown much interest in it... Well, today he was asking a lot of questions and it sounds like he really wants to give it a try... So this week I'm going to help him look into a few different plans and hopefully we can find one he can live with.... It really would make so happy to see him get back in shape... And I know my Mom would have loved it too... So hopefully it will happen...

Scaletosser nice to see you back here again... I used to love having a nice cup of decaf tea in the evening which really seemed to help me as well... I'm not sure why I gave that up... but thanks for reminding me...

SeeMyFeet nice to see you here as well... I like my milk at 10 PM too... Well.... When its whipped up with some cream, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla or chocolate into some ice cream... Lol... BUT NOT TONIGHT
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #19  
Mindful eating for life

That's great news about your brother TripSwitch! The more the merrier. Never hurts to have people with similar thinking and goals around you. Let us know what plan he decides on. Always curious to know what is working for people.
And I'd love to know what everyone here is using as well so if you feel like sharing, let me know everyone Thanks.
I'll be back tonight for check in but so far so good.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #20  

Good Morning fellow night-eating sufferers......

I am sorry to report that my best efforts to remain out of the kitchen last evening failed me. It was emotional eating to stuff down my feelings that did me in. (I am blaming no one but myself.) Got a phone call from my daughter who told me she is being treated for postpartum depression.

Feeling terrible this morning both physically and mentally. I am a big believer in picking myself up after falling down and trying again. So, back to Night #1 tonight to be evening-eating free.

Good to see TripSwitch, Scaletosser and SeeMyFeet on this thread. I agree with Scaletosser that being surrounded by like-thinking people is an ingredient for success. Good luck to your brother, TripSwitch. I know you will be an asset to him should he begin his journey.

SeeMyFeet: I'm no genius about coming up with the cooler idea. Took the idea from someone else who was much more successful at curbing her nighttime eating. Good to see that you liked this idea and am hoping you can use it to help you in the evenings. Your ticker indicates you are doing great. Keep up your good work!

Scaletosser: I am doing Medifast 5-1 plan. Five Medifast meal replacements (shakes, puddings, bars) and one meal (protein and veggie usually eaten at dinner). However, I am not using actual Medifast products. They have gotten way too expensive. Use Wonder Slim and My Diet Shopz products. Some days I will eat food for breakfast and dinner and use meal replacements in between. I try to keep calorie count about 1000-1100 and carb count below 85. I am very carb sensitive--- achy joints, stiff muscles, sleepiness, brain fog when I have too many carbs. I am suffering this morning from my insanity last night.

Back to the beginning for me. Will be back here later this evening. Wishing you all a good day and better evening!!

Last edited by buckeyegal2815; 06-22-2015 at 10:37 AM.
buckeyegal2815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #21  
Mindful eating for life

Hi everyone. I'm about to have my last snack of the day before locking it down. Thank goodness for jello light It can be a real lifesaver for my sweet tooth.
Buckeyegal2815 thanks for the info regarding your plan.
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I can see why that would be tough to deal with but good for you for getting back on track today. I have found that my real issue has been more of my "all or nothing" mentality and in the past falling off track would lead me to a month long "might as well" type of binge. So struggling for one night but getting back on track right away is a big goal of mine and your post really helped me remember that.
Have a great night everyone!
Old 06-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #22  
Heading Downtown...

Wink

Good Evening Everyone...

I too somehow wound up in the kitchen last night and made myself a sandwich and had a glass of skim milk with it... Now it wasn't one of those huge cartoon like Dagwood type of sandwiches or anything like that... BUT I'm sure I wouldn't have starved to death by morning if I had skipped it... I have a bad habit of trying to eat too lightly sometimes during the day and then surprise, surprise... I'm still too hungry at night to resist... and I think that's what happened...

I still have so many bad habits that I just can't seem too break... Skipping meals... Trying to eat too little... Eating standing up and scarfing down my food... Sometimes I wonder how I've lost as much weight as I have... really

Scaletosser I swear I have ADD when it comes to diets and plans... Lol...
This round of weight loss started by just counting calories using MFP and then I was referred to a Diabetes Prevention Program at a local hospital which was a low fat diet with 150 minutes of exercise a week... Then I decided to do Atkin's '72... After that I rejoined WW (I'm still a member, but I'm not really counting points at the moment)... I also looked into TOPS and got a hold of their food exchange cards that they use and played around with those... Oh, and I forgot to mention I tried the Ideal Protein protocol in there too... AND just a couple of weeks ago I found a Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal set on Amazon and decided I had to have since it was a collectors item and all... Actually, it is a bit of a hoot and I have had some fun with it... But I'm not exactly ready to be taking my Deal-A-Meal wallet with me everywhere I go just yet... Lol...

Lately I've been trying to use the Beck Diet Solution which is based on learning various Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to help you with any plan that you're doing... I've found some of it helpful, but some of it I really struggle with... I also recently read Intuitive Eating, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet... I don't think I've hit my "dieting bottom" yet, so to speak...

There are a couple of books I've been thinking about picking up... one is called "The Diet Trap" and the other is "The Weight Escape" (I love that title btw) both are based on ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) and sound sort of promising as far as really working on letting go that constant "diet" mentality...

But right now for better or worse all I really want is go on that one last perfect diet that's going to get me to "goal"...
Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #23  

Good evening everyone. Happy to report I've stayed out of the kitchen due to staying out of the house!! Made a couple of trips to pick up a friend whose car broke down. Just getting in now, am tired and don't care to go into the kitchen. Maybe she could call me every night for awhile to drive her around!! LOL

I am pretty disgusted with myself for not being able to stop my nighttime eating for more than a week at a time. But I keep trying and that's about all I can do. Giving up is not an option.

TripSwitch: you sound a lot like me with the eating lightly during the day (usually trying to "make up" for eating too much the night before) and then being so hungry by dinner I get that "what the ****" attitude for several hours during the evening.

This evening is almost over and I've been able to keep the kitchen closed. Thank goodness. Hope all of you have had success this evening keeping your kitchens closed.

Will check in here tomorrow. Gotta figure out how to get a ticker.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #24  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal2815 View Post
Good evening everyone. Happy to report I've stayed out of the kitchen due to staying out of the house!! Made a couple of trips to pick up a friend whose car broke down. Just getting in now, am tired and don't care to go into the kitchen. Maybe she could call me every night for awhile to drive her around!! LOL

I am pretty disgusted with myself for not being able to stop my nighttime eating for more than a week at a time. But I keep trying and that's about all I can do. Giving up is not an option.

TripSwitch: you sound a lot like me with the eating lightly during the day (usually trying to "make up" for eating too much the night before) and then being so hungry by dinner I get that "what the ****" attitude for several hours during the evening.

This evening is almost over and I've been able to keep the kitchen closed. Thank goodness. Hope all of you have had success this evening keeping your kitchens closed.

Will check in here tomorrow. Gotta figure out how to get a ticker.
Congrats buckeyegal on staying out of the kitchen last night... That's what I've got to keep telling myself... To just take it "One Day At A Time"... or in our case "One Evening At A Time"... Lol...

And yes, it does sound like we're a lot a like... I get in that same vicious cycle... not being really hungry the next morning because I ate too much the night before... It's been so hard for me to break... I did manage to actually go a couple of months recently without any nighttime forays into the kitchen and I felt so much better... Not just mentally, but physically as well... I'm just gonna keep working at and I have faith that I'll get past this eventually...

Hope you're having a good day... And I'll look forward to seeing everyone back here a little bit later for some "Evening Support"
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #25  
Mindful eating for life

Well TripSwitch and Buckeyegal, based on what you guys were saying I must be on the right track because I wake up STARVING, lol. Clearly I'm on the verge of a breakdown because I'm likely restricting too much so as you pointed out, I'll try to eat a little more during the day. Makes sense. Hopefully my evenings wont be such a struggle then. Kitchen on lock down!!! Night all.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #26  

I had a very busy day and it just now is ending. On plan 100% and the kitchen is closed. In fact, it never opened today. Bought a healthy salad from the grocery store salad bar and put on my own diet dressing.

Not going to write much tonight. Just chill a little and then hit the hay.

TripSwitch & Scaletosser: I am sending you both good thoughts for a good evening out of the kitchen. You both sound like very strong, determined ladies. We won't let a bad habit of nighttime eating derail us.

Will check in with more details tomorrow.

Last edited by buckeyegal2815; 06-23-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #27  
Heading Downtown...

Hi All.

Just a quick check in... Had 100% OP day... And I just stopped myself from mindlessly stuffing my face with whatever was in sight in the kitchen... I just calmly told myself I'd already eaten everything my plan called for today... AND more importantly I just sort of "checked-in" with myself and I realized I wasn't even hungry...

It felt really good and empowering... And I feel so much better now...

Good night all...
Old 06-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Good job, TripSwitch!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:24 PM   #29  
Mindful eating for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Hi All.

Just a quick check in... Had 100% OP day... And I just stopped myself from mindlessly stuffing my face with whatever was in sight in the kitchen... I just calmly told myself I'd already eaten everything my plan called for today... AND more importantly I just sort of "checked-in" with myself and I realized I wasn't even hungry...

It felt really good and empowering... And I feel so much better now...

Good night all...
Thats great to hear Tripswitch. I love that you realised you weren't hungry and were able to move your attention elsewhere as a result. I'm working on that too and although it's only happened a handful of times (I'm pretty new to the Intuitive/mindfull eating thing) it's nothing less than thrilling when I'm able to halt a mindless eating episode in its tracks.
I've got one cup of jello light in the fridge with my name on it when I'm ready for tonight and then I'm shutting it down. Stay strong everyone!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 6"

Hello Everyone....

Back from a bout with the flu, I think. Whatever it was certainly kept me out of the kitchen and stopped me from any evening eating !!!! LOL...

Not too interested in eating, but that won't last long. Found some sugar free Popsicles in the freezer and that will do for tonight.

Hope everyone is staying on plan and out of the kitchen in the evening. Good for you, TripSwitch! on talking yourself out of off-plan eating.
buckeyegal is offline   Reply With Quote