Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Also, tash_star, when you said "now I've gained SO much weight I don't look like me any more" made me think about how for a lot of us, we lose some weight and then gain it back and somehow seem to end up heavier than we started. Someone posted an ecard on my Facebook a few weeks back that summed it up so well! It was a woman looking in a mirror with the quote: "I wish I were as fat as I was the first time I thought I was fat." Sadly, so true for me, and probably many others!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #17  
HDE baby

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I found this very interesting post while clicking around 3FC yesterday. I think it's on the IE thread, on the General Diet Plans forum. Hope it's helpful. With thanks to Yumsoup who posted it:

**big ol' wall of text**
:O I was about to post in this thread and my jaw literally dropped that someone recommended my post, I'm so happy you found it useful enough to do that hahah thank you!

But yeah, that's pretty much my take on the subject. But excluding one important thing:

Dieting causes obsession with food. Before I could even do all of that stuff in the post that mars quoted, I had to stop dieting first. It just doesn't work (how many of you are losing the same X pounds a second, third, fourth or even fifth time?? DIETING IS NOT SUSTAINABLE AND MAKES YOU CRAZY AROUND FOOD.)

I know the thought of stopping dieting sounds insane, but I'm serious when I say it is probably ruining your life and may very well be the root (or one of the roots) of all your problems with food. Learning how to just eat (whatever you want) when you're hungry, and stop at a comfortable level of fullness, and letting food lose it's control over you completely is infinitely more rewarding. And I've lost 10 pounds so far doing it so I know it results in weight loss if you are overweight.

If any of you are truly fed up then I'd really recommend you look into it. There is also another amazingly fantastic book on the subject which I discovered a few days ago. You can read it online for free if you just google "Naturally Thin Secrets pdf".
yumsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #18  

I just want to thank you all so much for your support. You don't realise how much it means to me I've always felt so alone in this and I'm so glad I've found 3 fat chicks forum to help me get through <3
tash star is offline   Reply With Quote