Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default It's My Body! Not a Car, Not a House, Not a Bank Account! So Why Can't I Own It?

I am reposting this thread. I first posted it last week and came back today to meet it closed down because in the meantime some (surely well meaning ) folks have turned it in a battle ground, debating their weight loss philosophies.
This is supposed to be a post about some reflections for my own future reference and also perhaps as inspiration for someone. This is not about calories or miles (and I believe this is the right section of the forum for that). Please keep the thread beautiful . Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Hi guys, just want to share a thought.

I've become very obsessed with my weight. I have always been self conscious because of my weight (even when I was thin). But right now it has taken another turn.
These days I'm always watching other women and paying constant attention to their size. On TV, on the street...everywhere. I can't help but feel envious of slimmer women. I has become systematic right now. So for a few weeks now I've been thinking:
After all, it's a body we're talking about. I can work on it. I see thin people and feel jealous. I used to be thin and quite attractive before life happened. There is a thin me and really the only person standing between overweight me and that thin me is ME.
It's my body; it's me. It's within me already. I'm carrying it about, covered in fat. So why can't I have it? I can admire cars that I may never have. I can admire houses that I may never possess. I can admire so many things some people have which I may never be able to own.
But this is ME. This is MY BODY. I can have it! I can own it.
I would be mad if someone tells me: Look at that body? You can't have it. But right now I realize that I'm the doing who has been saying this and doing this to by body. It's my own body, so why can't I have it? I have it within myself and I have been envying people who have it!

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 01-28-2015 at 12:16 PM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW/CW/GW 223/165/174

Height: 5'4"

Well said! We can all see ourselves in this and must remember what you said "This is my BODY! I can have it! I can own it!"

Im adding this to he positive quotes I need when life gets overwhelming!!
carebearx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Thank you so much for sharing! This is to true! Wonderful words. You gave me inspiration;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

There was a lot of great advice in the other thread before it was shut down.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #5  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Thanks y'all!
Palestrina: i agree wit you, but great advice will not be of use if the thread is locked.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #6  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

You are 100% correct. You can be thinner. Even if you have a thyroid issue, you can get medicine for that.

Eat less, exercise more. You got yourself to where you are. You can also fix it. Good luck.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 179/158.5/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, this is powerful. Thanks for sharing. I feel your pain! But we're in this together and anything is possible if we can manage to stick to our guns!
MegJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:31 AM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Sweetie, I totally understand, how you feel!

But, here it the thing, we get one body.

I will never look like Cindy Crawford. I'm to short. DANG.

We have the body, metabolism or what ever the powers that be gave us.

Love what you have! Make the best of it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote