Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #16  
HDE baby

Height: 5'2

That's one of the hundreds of reasons why I quit dieting lmao.

I don't think it's at all necessary or worth it to diet, sacrificing your social life and all sorts of other beautiful and fun aspects of life, especially when you can lose weight without doing that.

You can learn to go to restaurants with your friends and just sit and talk to them without eating if you aren't hungry. You can overcome the urges and cravings to overeat. But dieting isn't the solution to that. I think it just makes it worse actually.
yumsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #17  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

Height: 5'2

I had to learn to be around my husband and all the food he likes to eat all the time. He likes to bake, he likes to go out to eat to restaurants, and he likes desserts. We try to plan these things ahead of time so that I can fit them into my diet but sometimes people call up and invite us out and its a "well I'll have something small" day or its just a cheat day in general. Socializing with your friends shouldn't stop because you are on a diet. Do appetizers, share with a friend, have a salad and go easy on the dressing, have a dessert shooter instead of a whole dessert or a brownie bite or whatever small dessert they have. You shouldn't be lonely just because you're trying to get healthy!!
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
I can walk into any restaurant and feel confident that I will not overeat
How do you do that? It seems when I read a menu with all sorts of interesting and enticing things on it, my resolve evaporates and I order/eat more than I planned. (Sometimes I look at menus in advance and decide what I'll order, but I can't trust myself to stick to the decision.) My appetite is pretty bottomless, so I almost never feel uncomfortably full, even if I eat a whole lot. Restaurants are definitely my biggest challenge.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
How do you do that? It seems when I read a menu with all sorts of interesting and enticing things on it, my resolve evaporates and I order/eat more than I planned. (Sometimes I look at menus in advance and decide what I'll order, but I can't trust myself to stick to the decision.) My appetite is pretty bottomless, so I almost never feel uncomfortably full, even if I eat a whole lot. Restaurants are definitely my biggest challenge.

F.
Because I don't have "a resolve" anymore. Walking into a restaurant used to mean that I had to stick to a plan, avoid many foods, appear to eat the right foods. Just looking at the dessert menu used to flood me with guilt. Guilt was such a big ball and chain and I feel like it caused Overeating for me because I reacted to it in such a visceral way.

I know I'm not going to overeat now because I know I can order anything I want and I'm guilt free allowed to enjoy it. But also the physical sensation of Overeating has become unbearable now, I was used to it before but over time it is a habit that I have broken. I'm not perfect, I still overeat sometimes but when it was a daily thing the physical sensation didn't bother me either. It's a habit I guess?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
Because I don't have "a resolve" anymore. Walking into a restaurant used to mean that I had to stick to a plan, avoid many foods, appear to eat the right foods. Just looking at the dessert menu used to flood me with guilt. Guilt was such a big ball and chain and I feel like it caused Overeating for me because I reacted to it in such a visceral way.

I know I'm not going to overeat now because I know I can order anything I want and I'm guilt free allowed to enjoy it. But also the physical sensation of Overeating has become unbearable now, I was used to it before but over time it is a habit that I have broken. I'm not perfect, I still overeat sometimes but when it was a daily thing the physical sensation didn't bother me either. It's a habit I guess?
Thanks! I like your notion of "not having a resolve anymore." Sounds like freedom to me.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Thanks! I like your notion of "not having a resolve anymore." Sounds like freedom to me.

F.
Yea. Because when I stress out I stress eat.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote