Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/251/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Me VS The Texas Giant

A few weeks ago, I took my kids to Six Flags for the very first time. It was supposed to be a day filled with fun, fear, family, and fond memories.
Instead it turned into a day of barely holding myself together, faking a good time, and choking back tears for hours until I could get home and let them all out.

I've never been proud of my size, but I have never experienced the shame I felt when I was kicked off of The Texas Giant roller coaster.
Everyone in line stared and speculated, and then snickered as they put two and two together and realized why I was asked to get off of the roller coaster before the ride even started.

I couldn't look a single person in the eye for the rest of the day because I was scared they might be among the large group that witnessed my humiliation.

My kids didn't say anything, but I know they were embarrassed too.
My heart breaks for that moment. My "ah ha" moment.
Next summer, The Texas Giant and I will have a rematch! Victory will be mine!

hotmomtobe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

How awful, I'm sorry this happened to you. Please don't let this event get you down. As far as I can tell those rides are made wayyyy too small. There's something wrong with them, not with you! I know you're still upset but believe me, nobody else is even thinking about this. Nobody was staring at you or thinking bad things about you, that's all in your mind. There is nobody on earth that can make us feel as bad as we make ourselves feel bad. Not even close. Your kids love you and they think you're beautiful. Ask them.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Your attitude is great despite this horrible thing. We're here for you & will celebrate next year with you!!!

Last edited by Mountain Mamma; 09-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Turn the bad experience into a positive one!

Don't get caught up in what others think though. I spent years (decades) doing that and it really got me nowhere. Focus on being fit for YOU - fit to take your kids for runs, hikes, doing active and enjoyable things together.

You can do it! Tell us more of your victory next summer
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/251/175

Thank you so much for the support! I'm so glad I found this group )
hotmomtobe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmomtobe3 View Post
A few weeks ago, I took my kids to Six Flags for the very first time. It was supposed to be a day filled with fun, fear, family, and fond memories.
Instead it turned into a day of barely holding myself together, faking a good time, and choking back tears for hours until I could get home and let them all out.

I've never been proud of my size, but I have never experienced the shame I felt when I was kicked off of The Texas Giant roller coaster.
Everyone in line stared and speculated, and then snickered as they put two and two together and realized why I was asked to get off of the roller coaster before the ride even started.

I couldn't look a single person in the eye for the rest of the day because I was scared they might be among the large group that witnessed my humiliation.

My kids didn't say anything, but I know they were embarrassed too.
My heart breaks for that moment. My "ah ha" moment.
Next summer, The Texas Giant and I will have a rematch! Victory will be mine!

You are a beautiful child of God, here to love and help others. Satan wants you to walk in shame, but deep down you know you're so much brighter than any roller coaster or looks of judgment from others who live in fear of the standards of this broken world. Learn what it means to run on God's love and approval more so than the world's love and approval; only then will you know true victory.

Don't wait a year to overcome it; overcome it now. Forgive the ppl who couldn't see past your body and into your heart. Forgive yourself for mistakes in the past that led you to that day of feeling unloved. Acknowledge your mistakes, correct them with loving thoughts, and walk in good cheer with your head up for the rest of your life knowing, no matter what, I belong to God and He adores me.

Last edited by girl81; 09-06-2014 at 04:02 PM.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote