Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #1  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Default There is bread on the kitchen table

I know who I am. I am not the person I was last year at this time. The bread on the kitchen table would have been smothered in hummos and eaten until my belly ached from fullness. Now the bread will just lay there. It may even spoil and mold over. But I will not stoop so low as to eat bread ever again. I am an addict.
I am not a normal person who can control themselves. I refrain from trying to portion control my addiction.
So let the bread grow stale. G-d will not punish me for not eating it. I will freeze it. And when my family asks for bread I will say defrost it my children for mamma has put it away.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/218/174

Height: 5'10

I like this! I am also not good with portion control. I can have none and it works, but I'll eat a whole head of lettuce or a bag of cauliflower and be satisfied.
waistmanagement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I"m in the same boat...no sugar, no flour. How many years of trying to eat those foods in moderation (and failing) did I endure before I realized that I can't do it? Well, I'm almost 44, so many. How many times do I need to get into the boxing ring before I realize that I always end up with a bloody nose? I've been knocked out many times by my addiction. I'm not going to battle these foods anymore because they're just not for me and strangely enough, this has given me a great sense of freedom from my addiction.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #4  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I had to do the same - have given up bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn and sugar (as well as other wheat based products/foods).....it is the only thing that has stopped the beast of binge eating. If I slip the beast comes back to life. When I stay on plan I do not crave it. I am 41 and have had BED since my mid 20s.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 07-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Great response!!! It's good for others, just not for us!!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote