3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

IE - Books and Resources

Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default IE - Books and Resources

Let's compile a list of books and web resources that we can refer to for material, I only have a few so far.

Books:
Intuitive Eating - Tribole, Resch
Overfed Head - Rob Stevens
Overcoming Overeating - Hirschmann, Munter

blogs/websites
http://isabelfoxenduke.com/ - a food coach with great emails
http://www.refinery29.com/the-anti-diet-project The Anti-Diet Project. One woman's journey into IE
http://www.freewebs.com/consciouseaters/

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth

Last edited by Wannabeskinny : 05-26-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

S/C/G: 200/155/155

Height: 5'9"

How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too: Stop Binge Eating, Overeating and Dieting For Good Get the Naturally Thin Body You Crave From the Inside Out (Binge Eating Solution) : Josie Spinardi ( she doesn't get much into emotional eating though)

Starting Monday :Karen Koenig ( this deals with heavy duty emotional eating and the internal conflicts that keep us from honoring our hunger or emotionally eating anyway)

The Rules of "Normal" Eating: Karen Koenig ( I haven't read this, the title seems a little triggery but it looks like it has lots of good stuff in it.)

Breaking Free from Emotional Eating: Geneen Roth

Last edited by Pinkhippie : 05-26-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #3

Another book:

Beyond Chocolate by Audrey and Sophie Boss.
I really want to check this one out. I read the sample last night.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Thanks Pink, you sure do read a lot.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Old 05-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Thanks Pink, you sure do read a lot.
LOL yes, yes I do. When Im interested in something, I kind of tend to research it to death. If I had an unlimited budget I would read even more, but sadly my husband doesn't think spending huge amounts of money on emotional eating IE books is fiscally wise. Party pooper.

Last edited by Pinkhippie : 05-29-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
LOL yes, yes I do. When Im interested in something, I kind of tend to research it to death. If I had an unlimited budget I would read even more, but sadly my husband doesn't think spending huge amounts of money on emotional eating IE books is fiscally wise. Party pooper.
Books used to be a point of contention between me and hubby too, he mostly doesn't like them piling up and collecting dust as they tend to do. But since I've gone digital with my iTunes hooked up to my personal account there's nothing to argue over anymore. I carry a long list of books with me at all times on my smartphone and he's fine with it.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Books used to be a point of contention between me and hubby too, he mostly doesn't like them piling up and collecting dust as they tend to do. But since I've gone digital with my iTunes hooked up to my personal account there's nothing to argue over anymore. I carry a long list of books with me at all times on my smartphone and he's fine with it.
My husband is almost a full on hoarder. So, he doesn't give me a hard time in that respect. But, buying an e reader changed my reading life. I love it soooo much. I was very resistant at first because I love paper books but I have to admit it is great to have all my favorite books on my phone and to be able to have instant gratification to download a book from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.